TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DupiColor on Calipers

Very nice, looks like you did it while they were on. How difficult was it? With my car being White I would probably do mine the same ford blue as my cam covers, I think that would look great. My second color would be Red, but I like to be original.

Pictures are a little small, any chance of posting bigger ones?

Very nice, looks like you did it while they were on. How difficult was it? With my car being White I would probably do mine the same ford blue as my cam covers, I think that would look great. My second color would be Red, but I like to be original.

Pictures are a little small, any chance of posting bigger ones?

Yes you can do them while they are on. DupiColor kit at Advance Auto for $15.99. Check the previous link I am uploading larger pics right now--new link in previous post.

Back and front. It has to dry 15-20 minutes per coat. I did 6 coats. Tape it off, tape comes in the pack along with a brush and caliper cleaner. You will need a toothbrush, a rag and I recommend a foam paint brush and a real tiny paint brush too. It is so easy to do.

Tomorrow I am getting all the surface rust off the undercarriage painting it with rust inhibitor then flat black.

Use 2x8's and drive up on them then jack up the car it is easier that way

Back and front. It has to dry 15-20 minutes per coat. I did 6 coats. Tape it off, tape comes in the pack along with a brush and caliper cleaner. You will need a toothbrush, a rag and I recommend a foam paint brush and a real tiny paint brush too. It is so easy to do.

Tomorrow I am getting all the surface rust off the undercarriage painting it with rust inhibitor then flat black.

Use 2x8's and drive up on them then jack up the car it is easier that way

Nice, you have to let me know how you make out on the under carriage, I would like to do the same at some point.

I also painted the slotted section with the Duplicolor spray paint.

I have a black SGT and got the Baer Rotors, What do You think about the color of the calipers for my car, I have Red Pit stripes, Black or RED?

post-22367-1236458817_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1236458845_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1236458817_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1236458845_thumb.jpg

I have a black SGT and got the Baer Rotors, What do You think about the color of the calipers for my car, I have Red Pit stripes, Black or RED?

I started to do my slots today and then removed it. I thought it was too much in Red so called it quits. I would go with Red for the pit stripes and the Powered by Ford badges.

Carl,

I will pull it out tomorrow and shoot it from the side. It is under cover and all taped up right now as I just did the undercarriage in flat black. I have a crushing headace, you would think being a military safety officer I would have worn a mask of some sort.

I am going to ask your son and the shop to finish the rest of the drive shaft when it is there as I could not take it anymore. I polished up about 1/2 of the rear portion of the ds.

Jase

Could not have my brakes done while at Tasca and not give the calipers some bling...so I spent the last 5 hours doing this...

Looks great!!

I don't mean to be a smart ass or anything but shouldn't your pit stripes be on the drivers side?, not on the passenger side. After all, if your comming into the pits you wouldn't be able to see them on the passenger side. Well, unless your racing in Britian or France. :hysterical:

Maybe they are on both sides? Who knows. If I ever add them I think Ill do yellow and add them on both sides. Most cars Ives seen them on have them on both sides.

Now that I've been paying more attention I see that alot of people do have them on both sides. I think though I would just install them on the drivers side, just my take on the whole issue.

Nice, you have to let me know how you make out on the under carriage, I would like to do the same at some point.

Me too.

Not to hijack this thread, but Carnut, I really like those hyper-black 69's on the white! :drool:

driversside002.jpg

Dan

I'm thinking about doing the DupliColor in silver on my white car - I'm thinking that this will maintain the original look of the car, while improving the appearance of the calipers. My second choice would be the blue, but the blue in the DupliColor photos looks too light, so I'm waiting on one of you others to try it first!!

WildAzcat, Ive seen these on a few of my details, and they dont look good at all. Try the caliper paint first. They look so much better than the covers and will last longer than the covers. Back on topic. The calipers look great.

I'm thinking about doing the DupliColor in silver on my white car - I'm thinking that this will maintain the original look of the car, while improving the appearance of the calipers. My second choice would be the blue, but the blue in the DupliColor photos looks too light, so I'm waiting on one of you others to try it first!!

It may be me Ilmor, I am more than likely going to do the blue. I am probably going to do the G2 kit though, it is a 2 part epoxy and gets fantastic reviews.

If or when I do it I will post pictures.

Thanks. Sometime you just don't see cheezy until someone helps you out... :club:

I wasn't bashing you WildAzCat....I've just always thought that those looked cheezy and were appropriate for the Ricers! As I said, IMHO.....LOL

I wasn't bashing you WildAzCat....I've just always thought that those looked cheezy and were appropriate for the Ricers! As I said, IMHO.....LOL

Didn't think you were bashing. Maybe I used the wrong emoticon. I meant that you opened my eyes to how cheezy it was.

Didn't think you were bashing. Maybe I used the wrong emoticon. I meant that you opened my eyes to how cheezy it was.

OK, Just wanted to make sure we are still cool! Don't want to make anyone mad at me on here... :D

Archived