TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT

I think 38 and 36 will be too firm. My 20's are 33 and 31 and are yet still firm. My Ford dealer retrained all 4 sensors in under 2 minutes. I walked up to the tire Tech, gave him $5 and had it done in a jiffy. Going through the sevice desk would have been more time consuming.

I think 38 and 36 will be too firm. My 20's are 33 and 31 and are yet still firm. My Ford dealer retrained all 4 sensors in under 2 minutes. I walked up to the tire Tech, gave him $5 and had it done in a jiffy. Going through the sevice desk would have been more time consuming.

Thanks....this forum is a great tool!!

Went to Ford dealership and they reset mine @ 33 front, 31 rear.

Thanks for the info

• 2 months later...

I too had a Tire sensor fault after getting my car home from SAI. I found the info on the site and stopped by the dealer and after they were finished drooling over the car; they took it right in and retrained the sensors. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. The info on this site is so right on! Thanks!

And, should I be running 38 front and 36 rear on these 20's?

I ran 38 cold front and 36 cold rear in my car when I did a HPDE day at Pocono last year and that pressure worked really well. After a session on track, the pressure was up 6psi both front and back but there was even tire temps right across all 4 tires and I could not even get the tires to screech going thru any turns in the infield!! The 20's with a shorter sidewall I felt would be less forgiving if overinflated than with less air than you would typically run on track with a 17-18" tire but my sessions proved my point with the performance of the car.

Archived