TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Nicknames

AKA-SHLB

I've been curious about all the nicknames for our SGT's and found an old topic but the last post was July 07 so I thought I would revive it.

Does your SGT have a nickname? and if so why, when how did it get its name?

Since the day I pulled her into the garage my wife has been referring to my SGT as "Sir Shelby", and it stuck, I guess she's now been knighted :salute:

well , i have not given my sgt a nick name , but my wife calls it the other women. :hysterical:

oh well , at least she knows i am happy when i am with the other women. :hysterical:

and i sure like the way she rides. :hysterical:

:shift::shift::shift::shift:

I called mine Lula (Sailor Ripley's Girl in Wild at Heart) However, the guys at my command have taken to calling her the "HerbieStang" due to the # 53 on the sides (my SGT # is 53) soooo... HerbieStang has kinda stuck. I always like Herbie when I was a kid anyway.

Because of my interior being tan, I call mine "my honey" and she is always sweet to me but my wife too calls it "that stupid car" because the way I treat her and spend money on her buy her gifts and touch her....

Boy, if I said that my wife would've smacked me so hard in the head that I'd be 6 feet under by now and she'd be driving "that stupid car" without me!!! My wife is definitely not in need of any mods so at least I can put those dollars into the SGT instead!

white lightning aka johnny boy

( was um...exceeding the legal speed limit up in Vermont...the highway was empty....so I just said..lets see what Ya can do Johnny Boy...n sooo....thats the story)

couldn't give it a girls name...cause

well

he has balls.......

________

took a ride taday...nice..window down...music blasting.....n now I know how 'johnny boy' came inta my mind.....

was blasting Mott the Hoople's 'one of the boys'

lyrics:

Know that I grow my hair just to scare the teacher

My goodness gracious me ain't little Johnny a creature

And I lost count of the times when I never bathed

I'm one of the boys

One of the boys

I don't say much but I make a big noise

And it's growing alright its growing

:)

My car doesn't have a name. I've never really understood giving it one. I briefly considered naming it after an old girlfriend that was bonkers over Mustangs, but the wife would have gone ballistic, so it doesn't need a name. That's silly to name a car, right?

Well, ok, I admit that I do talk to him when I'm in the garage alone, or when I approach him in a parking lot, and I sometimes just say "Hey, buddy!", but buddy isn't a name. More like a bonding term. It is a boy, though. I looked underneath.

Since we have two we call them the blue one and the black one. The blue one is an 09 GT500 and the black one is an 07 SGT. I'm thankfull I have an understanding wife. She's just as passionate as I am about them. The 07 is hers and she always tells me that hers still gets more looks than mine. LOL

mine is called "Glodzilla" and i can`t find a word in english for that it`s like "hunger = glod" Godzilla is Godzilla so it`s "Glod-zilla" :)

I named it like this cause i thougth about its hunger for gas :) but it`s really economic car :baby:

Archived