TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Nicknames

AKA-SHLB

Ok so my two daughters are addicted to fast cars, flying, and dirtbikes. They are 12 and 4. Yesterday coming home from a clutch upgrade the little one says daddy get on this thing like we stole it. I hit it and around 90 my radar detector goes off, little one spins in her seat says I can't see him daddy but he can't catch you anyway you are like the gingerbread man. Well that stuck for about 30 secs and the oldest says daddy you can't call this ole girl a boy, she is the gingerbread girl.

So now 08SGT1449 is the Gingerbread girl... Like the book from when you were a kid if you are scratching your head in confusion right now. But you have to change to "run as fast as you will"

• 1 month later...

I've been working on new nicknames for my cars, as like the guy with the CSX, I am used to calling my VNT "The Shelby".

I think I've stuck on calling the VNT the "Turbo Shelby" and the 08SGT "KITT". I know, its no KR, but as close as my budget will let me get ;) Went to the dealer looking for a plain GT, saw the SGT and my wife told me I HAD to get the Shelby!

BEST..WIFE...EVER!!!!!!!!!!

I've been working on new nicknames for my cars, as like the guy with the CSX, I am used to calling my VNT "The Shelby".

I think I've stuck on calling the VNT the "Turbo Shelby" and the 08SGT "KITT". I know, its no KR, but as close as my budget will let me get ;) Went to the dealer looking for a plain GT, saw the SGT and my wife told me I HAD to get the Shelby!

BEST..WIFE...EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is called our savings account!!!

No nickname for mine yet. I have been calling it the 'SGT', since saying 'Shelby GT' really fast- many times a day- confuses people. I just need to keep my wife from referring to it as the Mustang. To her, all the modified Mustangs (Shelby, Roush and Saleen) are all 'just Mustangs'. At least she lets me spend the money and drive fast WITHOUT COMPLAINTS.

On December 1 07 I took delivery of 07sgt4648. a beautiful performance white Shelby GT.

Due to snow and ice, my dad drove up to the dealership with his enclosed trailer. We dropped the the door into the dealership. thats where i took my first test drive (about 30 Feet) onto the trailer.

Once i got her home and the garage door was shut. i went in the house, and then about thirty seconds later, opened the door to the garage and turned on the light.

The exact words that came out of my mouth were "Hello Dolly"!!

So i guess i technically named my car that day. her name is Dolly

th_MOV01624.jpg

Ok so my two daughters are addicted to fast cars, flying, and dirtbikes. They are 12 and 4. Yesterday coming home from a clutch upgrade the little one says daddy get on this thing like we stole it. I hit it and around 90 my radar detector goes off, little one spins in her seat says I can't see him daddy but he can't catch you anyway you are like the gingerbread man.

Good story! :hysterical:

Archived