TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally ordered the headrest covers

Finally broke down and ordered the headrest covers for my Shelby GT. They arrived this morning and went on without any problem at all...I think they really make the car look complete, and they match my wheel center caps, steering wheel cap and power plug cap too!

ShelbyHeadrests.jpg

Looking good and I agree they go very well with the car. It seems you like that shelby emblem. I do too but Im missing the steering wheel cap. Where you get that piece.

Are you thinking about the armrest cover. That is another piece that goes very well with the car and the headrest covers.

Looking good and I agree they go very well with the car. It seems you like that shelby emblem. I do too but Im missing the steering wheel cap. Where you get that piece.

Are you thinking about the armrest cover. That is another piece that goes very well with the car and the headrest covers.

I made my own steering wheel cap using a cap from Saleen, then had a graphics guy cut the emblem out of black and mount it on a piece of silver tape then applied it to the Saleen cap and topped it off with some Automotive Clear Coat sprayed on top of it to protect it...pretty simple...mine did not sit quite as flush as I wanted it to though, so I ground down the pony on the original cap...I'm not planning on ever showing it again anyway...used Silicone to secure the new cap to the old one and it worked fine. I'm trying to talk Scott Drake into making the Shelby Snake for the front Grille too....so if anyone else is interested in this to replace the Pony, let them know....I'd like to do away with all the pony emblems and just stick with the Shelby Snake all over the car...

I don't think I'll do the arm rest cover, that pretty much requires you to have it installed at an upholstery shop and I don't think I really want to do that...

I want the Shelby Snake items that go under the hood on the engine too....they just rock!!!

Looks nice Carl. Now if they could only make one with the CS logo that will match my CS log trunk emblem...... :headscratch:

Take the original covers off and take them to an Embroidery Shop...they should be able to hook you up....the original covers do come off as there are two plastic pieces on the bottom of the cover that kind of snap together...if you can get the piece toward the front to come forward enough, it will unsnap and you can remove them...they'll be hard to get back on, but I think the effort would be worth it if that's what you really want to do...

Mine came the other day. My wife saw the box and asked me what it was, I changed the subject. Cant wait to put them on. I heard you should lay them in the sun to loosen them up. DId you?

Nope, took them from the UPS guy, went into my office where I already had the headrests removed from the car, and slipped them right on...I turned the very bottom of them inside out to make it a little easier to put them on, but it worked just fine...SAI suggested using some talcum powder on them to help get them on, but I didn't need to...They do fit like a very tight glove and take some gentle stretching to get them to close fully with the velcro, but just take your time and you'll be fine.

Finally broke down and ordered the headrest covers for my Shelby GT. They arrived this morning and went on without any problem at all...I think they really make the car look complete, and they match my wheel center caps, steering wheel cap and power plug cap too!

ShelbyHeadrests.jpg

Looking at the headrests they look like a good match with the seats unlike SS`headrests.

Looks like another order tonight, I am going to get the Arm Rest as well. Wow, my bonus I actually did not get yet is dwindling every day. Might as well spend it, not going to put it in the Stock Market. I hope they do not cut it last minute, I will be needing a bail-out.

Lookin good, Carl. Im gettin all my goodies including the headrest and center consol covers installed tomorrow. When you gonna wake up the neighbors, come on, you know you really want too. (just show that badge when they pull you over and you will be fine)

Chris

Looks great! I love these covers and have had them installed on mine for a while.

I've had the console cover on my work bench for as long, but just haven't gotten around to installing it.

I thought for a bit that it might be too much for the interior, but now that my exterior is extremely over the top, I may as well bling out my interior too. ;)

Ken

Lookin good, Carl. Im gettin all my goodies including the headrest and center consol covers installed tomorrow. When you gonna wake up the neighbors, come on, you know you really want too. (just show that badge when they pull you over and you will be fine)

Chris

Ha Ha, yeah, you know I want that xpipe without cats, but living here in Texas, and having to do emissions inspections every year, it is just too much of a pain in the rear to have to change it out every year for inspections...I've got about 15000 on mind now and the exhaust is sounding better every day...maybe they just need some time and hard driving to get them to sound really good...

I was surprised at how closely they match the original interior, but they are actually very good...

They look like a perfect match. I wonder if Shelby / Scott Drake changed the material. I have seen these in the past and they were not even close to a perfect match. Glad they improved the product!!

Carl,

Man - those look great! Proof that there's still something that I can spend $$$ on inside my SGT.

I really think they are a nice touch for the interior. Not too much "Shelby" everywhere and it's sorta plain inside anyway.

Trevor

Carl,

Man - those look great! Proof that there's still something that I can spend $$$ on inside my SGT.

I really think they are a nice touch for the interior. Not too much "Shelby" everywhere and it's sorta plain inside anyway.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor, I'm just doing mine one piece at a time as I can afford it...LOL Figure I'll be a VERY OLD MAN by the time I'm done with it...

Mine came the other day. My wife saw the box and asked me what it was, I changed the subject. Cant wait to put them on. I heard you should lay them in the sun to loosen them up. DId you?

I turned mine inside out and tossed in the dryer for a couple of minutes and they went right on with a little effort.

Looks great Carl. I keep thinking of things i can put on my car. Of course people like you cost me money for things i wasn't thinking. Great looking mod and not over the top. I agree, i don't care for the pony on the car. Everyone wants to call these cars mustangs but i have to correct them and say these are Shelbys. Carroll should have done away with the pony emblem on these cars. Whats next?

Guest hfrosso

They look great !!!

Now that i've seen these close up picture and how well it matches ,i'm ordering one too!!!

I was a little afraid to buy it and then not be able to install it.

there goes my walet againg!ouch!!!

They look like a perfect match. I wonder if Shelby / Scott Drake changed the material. I have seen these in the past and they were not even close to a perfect match. Glad they improved the product!!

Agreed, that is the exact reason I purchased them last night, now I just have to wait for them to arrive.

Good Stuff

ShelbyHeadrests.jpg

These look good!

I think I'd like them in black though! :headscratch: The white just is to much in your face for me.

ShelbyHeadrests.jpg

I agree , they do make the car look complete. You don't always have to spend big money to make a big difference.

These look good!

I think I'd like them in black though! :headscratch: The white just is to much in your face for me.

Jeff, Since the embroidery thread is white, I would bet you could use some clothing dye and just hit it real lightly and it would dye the thread black or gray if you wanted to tone it down some...just a thought...I don't think it would harm the leather in any way at all to do that...

Personally out of ignorance I started off with the Tiffany snake (without any reference to the GT 500). So I now have the Tiffany snake on my head rest, arm rest, front badge, faux cap, wheel cap and plenum cover. Not to mention the Tiffany on my Razors.

They look really good. I used leather conditioner on the headrest and let the covers lay in the sun for a few minutes and they went right on in one try. They really are a nice touch to the interior.

Looks great Carl. I bought a set of each- S cobra and tiff cobra but love the looks of the S cobra covers so they are staying put. I don't know if it was just mine but the S covers look like they came on the car and the color is a closer match. The Tiff covers look like an add-on. I have the FRPP Tiff cobra faux fuel door/tail emblem and hubcaps on the outside but the S cobra on the headrests & dead pedal...looks great with the top down

Jeff, Since the embroidery thread is white, I would bet you could use some clothing dye and just hit it real lightly and it would dye the thread black or gray if you wanted to tone it down some...just a thought...I don't think it would harm the leather in any way at all to do that...

Humm, good idea!

I may just try that!

:happy feet:

Archived