TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby center gauge cluster

First of all, Welcome. But seriously, but did you happen to read this thread at all? Not meaning to be a dick, but do you really want to be THAT guy that used his 1st post to ask a question in a thread full of answers?

The good news is, you found the right thread and the answers do lie within. ;)

Cheers and again, welcome.

Thanks for the welcoming.

I realized that all the people here were attaching them with velcro, that doesn't neccessarily mean that on the factory installs it's done the same way. If it is infact done with Velcro, any recomendations to removing the velcro squares from the dash so I'm not stuck with glue/stickyness?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcoming.

I realized that all the people here were attaching them with velcro, that doesn't neccessarily mean that on the factory installs it's done the same way. If it is infact done with Velcro, any recomendations to removing the velcro squares from the dash so I'm not stuck with glue/stickyness?

Fair enough, but my understanding is that it's either velcro or double sided 3M tape. Would think some patience and some Goo Gone might do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

i went with 'shelby setup'

$$ yes but keeps a uniform look in the car IMO.

i did the install my self.

took about 3 hours.

primarily because when i started i was rushing and inadvertently cut a wire under the dash when i was stripping back the tape to get at that striped wire.

had to climb out, bust out the soldering iron and solder in a new 2 inch length of wire as the original was pulled so tight there was no was to reconnect it to itself.

the only other challenge i has was with the O-ring sent with the aluminum fuel block.. it was to big and i had alot of fuel leakage at first. no matter what i tried..i finally went out an bout an O-ring assortment and found the next size down and its been fine ever since ( was tripping "check fuel cap" error )

one the side is a small plug screw. that also would not seal. small bit ot tape and that sealed up.

i was able to pull the wires down far enough that no colored wires are visible on the dash. just the little black pigtail.

end result looks good but im not getting good reading on oil temp.. need to reassess those connections.

over all not bad driveway project

the intructions are good and threads like this with real pics will steer you straight.

Archived