TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok I need a GOOD explanation from Robert or Sharon

Gun Oil

SO I paid for my renewal online for "Team SHelby" A MONTH AGO!

Tonight I get a frankly rude, faceless response via email refunding my renewal payment, saying I paid the wrong amount?

The email I got directed me to a $10.00 renewal payment, I clicked on it, paid it, and a month later they send me an unpersonalized note that says I owe $49.00 to RENEW?????

What the Hell?

Why are you charging the same price to renew, as it costs to "Join" the first time around....?

I don't need another T-shirt, membership card, or other dustable stuff.

Why isn't a re-newal less cash?

You have nothing to mail to me, (except for the stuff I don't need)

You really need to come up with a REAL renewal rate.

And when are we going to get the pics from Romeo 08' ????????????

All you guys do is ignore our requests for stuff you promise?

No I am not happy....money is tight....yeh, a Shelby owner said that....!

Think about it.

Rant over.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks man.....

I need a Bourbon!

or several :hysterical:

Well, you didnt ask me, but I would suggest starting off a little gentler, I dont know if you have ever met Robert and/or Sharon, but if you have I think you would know that they would never intentionaly be rude. That goes against their best interests. For me, I enjoy the items I get because I collect Shelby stuff, as do most of the people here (but not all).

I work two jobs and still cant afford a real Shelby, but I will pay the $50 renewal. It would be nice if they knocked something off for renewals though.

Just my opinion (and we all know what they say about those...)

Robert and Sharon are incredible people they are my two favorite people at Shelby. If you ever get to meet them you will agree; never once had either of them said they were to busy to help me. If you expect to pay $10.00 to renew your memebership I don't think it will help much with the costs associated with running Team SHelby. I personally think that $50 is a BARGAIN and I will pay that every year without a single gripe plus its nice to get the bonus items with our membership.

There is an old saying KILL EM WITH KINDNESS. Its a lot easier to get your point across when being extra poilite.

Robert and Sharon are incredible people they are my two favorite people at Shelby. If you ever get to meet them you will agree; never once had either of them said they were to busy to help me. If you expect to pay $10.00 to renew your memebership I don't think it will help much with the costs associated with running Team SHelby. I personally think that $50 is a BARGAIN and I will pay that every year without a single gripe plus its nice to get the bonus items with our membership.

There is an old saying KILL EM WITH KINDNESS. Its a lot easier to get your point across when being extra poilite.

Robert and Sharon are great people and never rude (unlees you count the way Sharon looks at Robert when he misbehaves). Have you tried asking in a nice way?

This is a great Team and Robert and Sharon do a fantastic job of running it. The $50.00 to be a member, worth every cent. I was able to see the Shelby 427 race thanks to Robert and Sharon, those tickets were worth a heck of a lot more then 50 bucks.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to meet them someday at one of the Team Shelby events.

Just my .02

This is a great Team and Robert and Sharon do a fantastic job of running it. The $50.00 to be a member, worth every cent. I was able to see the Shelby 427 race thanks to Robert and Sharon, those tickets were worth a heck of a lot more then 50 bucks.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to meet them someday at one of the Team Shelby events.

Just my .02

ditto on Robert and Sharon, great folks that do nothing but work

hard EVERY DAY to make this club and all associated with it as great as it can be

AND IS!

Thanks man.....

I need a Bourbon!

Chill dude! You need a bottle of bourbon. Shelby team membership on it's way-glad to pay the $50.

Gun Oil,

As you know, paid membership is optional to participate on this website. You apparently paid for your first year membership and received all the associated goodies. Considering that you don't want to continue receiving additional "T" shirts, decals, catalogs, etc. you appear to be in the correct status.

So is there any new happenings with your car?

I love the way this thread is going. Gun Oil next time I bet you will think twice before you say a negative word about Robert or Sharon.

They are the two most cool, laid back people you will ever meet. They also hooked me up with tickets to the 427 race and I can't thank them enough for the oppertunity.

They are the creators of TEAM SHELBY so without them we all wouldn't be having this much fun on the internet. I've gone to look at other Mustang sites and none of them can even come close to TEAMSHELBY.

Plus Sharon is Canadian. I dont think there is ONE bad Canadian out there...

I agree on the answering of PM's though. I've PM'd twice about having the wrong names on my membership cards. Once for the first set I got that was supposed to be fixed and then again on my renewal set that. I was told on the first set it'd get fixed and never was and the second time around I've never received anything.

Tonight I get a frankly rude, faceless response via email refunding my renewal payment, saying I paid the wrong amount?

The email I got directed me to a $10.00 renewal payment, I clicked on it, paid it, and a month later they send me an unpersonalized note that says I owe $49.00 to RENEW?????

What the Hell?

Why are you charging the same price to renew, as it costs to "Join" the first time around....?

Think about it.

Rant over.

Sharon and Robert do a great job. Have a look at the number of Team Shelby members and then calculate the work involved in responding

to and knowing about each member. Plus I do know from attending the last two events that they work their tails off for Team Shelby and

Shelby Automobiles. They attend to any jobs asked of them by the Shelby organization. Give them a break and maybe offer to take over

the annual renewals to give them more time to concentrate on other things relating to our beloved Brand.

What the Hell?

Think about it.

Rant over.

Looks like you got punked!

I love the way this thread is going. Gun Oil next time I bet you will think twice before you say a negative word about Robert or Sharon.

They are the two most cool, laid back people you will ever meet. They also hooked me up with tickets to the 427 race and I can't thank them enough for the oppertunity.

They are the creators of TEAM SHELBY so without them we all wouldn't be having this much fun on the internet. I've gone to look at other Mustang sites and none of them can even come close to TEAMSHELBY.

You got that right about the` Canadian` part we trained Sharon right & for Robert well Sharon is training him . All kidding aside Gun Oil they are great people believe me.

CC....."think twice" ? I never said R & S don't work hard to keep this thing running, but too many of you speak of them like they are Royalty, and can do no wrong! Wake up and smell the coffee folks, they are nice people like the rest of us, just pointing out something that needs discussion. If you had gotten the renewal email I got, you would be a little bothered too. It directed me to pay $10.00, I was a bit confuuzzled by it at first, looked at it again, clicked on it, and got sent over to PayPal. A month later I get the you screwed up note, pay us more $$$ email refunding my previous payment.

I am not out to kiss anyone's butt....Just stating an obvious that should seriously be considered. Perhaps they would have a higher retention rate with a stagered cost to join.

Another member made a comment about renewals being the same other places. Valid IF there isn't a big front loaded expense to join for all the fu-fu that you get. That is the case here to join the first time, and to renew. Hey save the planet, less waste, make my carbon footprint smaller.....call it waht you will, I am just saying there should be an option to renew wothout all the crap loaded in. And if they don't send you that stuff again for your %50.00.....then why should ot cost the same to renew?

And tell where I am missing something regarding the pics from Romeo? Robert has promised on more than one occasion that the pics would be up on "X" day....never happens, and then he just bails out of the thread. Sorry this was a sore spot for me last year....I really wanted to a photoshop pic of my car & the picture of my builders to them as a "thank-you" and Christmas gift. So that pooch got screwed.

Sorry....no one is THAT busy, & no I will NEVER think "twice when" I think I am right and something should be addressed. :finger:

Gun Oil,

As you know, paid membership is optional to participate on this website. You apparently paid for your first year membership and received all the associated goodies. Considering that you don't want to continue receiving additional "T" shirts, decals, catalogs, etc. you appear to be in the correct status.

So is there any new happenings with your car?

Nope....nothing new....Since the new era of the current Hope & Change admin's economy, my investments are gone, as is any extra money to play with the car. Glad I was able to put the $$$ into it when I did after getting it last year! It will be a quiet time around the old garage this & probably next year.

off topic of my rant, I hope this situation doesn't put the screws on too hard to our Vendors out there. There are a lot of fine people out there providing nice items and technology for your cars. Tough decisions for many out there where to spend $$$$ these days.....

Guess that brings us back to my Rant. :doh::shift:

In person you wouldn't be bouncing me with a tennis racket :lol:

I never had seen a $10 renewal on the site so if you did got a $10 renewal email post it on the site.

Yeah I guess you have a point, that if you just want to renew without all the goodies that is could be cheaper but I and most others want the goodies.

You can always post on the site for free without a membership so just don't renew your membership

If you think of how much it costs to operate a professional website the $50 membership fee is a bargain, and all the members that this one has its hard to keep up with all the emails. I have a online site and I know how hard it is I dont have time to answer every single question.

I was really just giving you SHIiiiittttt, dont ever take anything personal.

If you ever met Sharon and RObert you would defend them as well.

In person you wouldn't be bouncing me with a tennis racket :lol:

I never had seen a $10 renewal on the site so if you did got a $10 renewal email post it on the site.

Yeah I guess you have a point, that if you just want to renew without all the goodies that is could be cheaper but I and most others want the goodies.

You can always post on the site for free without a membership so just don't renew your membership

If you think of how much it costs to operate a professional website the $50 membership fee is a bargain, and all the members that this one has its hard to keep up with all the emails. I have a online site and I know how hard it is I dont have time to answer every single question.

I was really just giving you SHIiiiittttt, dont ever take anything personal.

If you ever met Sharon and RObert you would defend them as well.

he $10.00 thing was what I got directed to when I clicked over to the renewal link I was sent by their renewal system. In looking at it again, it was listed as a Canada & Mexico thing....Hell It feels like Mexico and Canada around here lately.... :hysterical: Not really sure to this day why it sent me there.

Everyone at Microsoft seems to be from Canada....(eh?) and I can't hire a Contractor whos crew isn't 100% Hispanic....not complaing(yeah right, me not complain?) they are the hardest working people I have ever run across.....

I am a Member of MCA and get a Window Sticker and a Subscription to the Mustang Times Magazine, cost is $40.00 a Year. Several Years ago I was a Member of SAAC and I got a Window Sticker, Dash Plaque, 3 News Letters and One Magazine, cost was $49.00 a Year. I WAS a Member of the Local Mustang Club here in Tallahassee and I got a 2 Page (actually 1.5 Pages) News Letter a Month and thats it, the Club didn't do S :censored: T which is why I left it, it cost $20.00 a Year. Team Shelby and MCA Bargains.

Archived