TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok I need a GOOD explanation from Robert or Sharon

Gun Oil

Some time this place is such a joke! No wonder I moved to the other site... always drama. How a thread goes from a good honest question, to Sharron and Robert, is just stupid.

As for the original question, I agree. Paying the same amount to join every year to get the same stuff is stupid. How about a one time life time membership like other sites do? The "other" site does that, and it makes perfect sense, and works out great. No hassles, and if I want another shirt, I can buy one for $15.

My .02

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met Robert and Sharon for the first time in August 2007 at Tasca Ford and they were in the middle of being extremely busy, both were very courteous... :) I look forward to meeting up with them again this year.... :happy feet: Also Robert graciously gave me the honors of sitting in the KR and SS.... :happy feet: :happy feet: Here are a few pics that were taken... :camera: and on a side note the tall dude on the right of me is NOT Sharon... :hysterical::hysterical:

DSC02995a.jpg

DSC02958a.jpg

DSC02969a.jpg

They also work hard at keeping this Site up and running....... :stats: :work:

I get what you are saying now, nasty email aside, you feel the 50 spot is out of line for renewal.

I hear ya, but its not a non-for-profit, afterall, they have to make money some how.

And lots have been invested to improve the site and run events for the members.

You arent paying for tshirt and a keychain IMO.

Other site, Is that like the Dark side? :headscratch:

The 2009 renewal contains a different color (blue & white) window sticker with 2009 on it, the CS $10 bill with your member # on it, a Terlingua mouse pad and a "Founding Member" Terlingua metal plaque, if you were one on us. It all comes in a Terlingua folder. The Annual contains lots of good articles. The blue tee I received this year is slightly different from last year's model. Then there is that darned parts catalog :spend:

I think the fee is a bargain. Where else can one get this much fun, pleasure and abuse from a place in Vegas (legally) than from the guys and gals in Team Shelby? :hysterical:

I think Robert and Sharon have done a great job giving us a place to play. :salute: If you are not happy with what you get for your $$, don't renew.

Enough said.

Other site, Is that like the Dark side? :headscratch:

The 2009 renewal contains a different color (blue & white) window sticker with 2009 on it, the CS $10 bill with your member # on it, a Terlingua mouse pad and a "Founding Member" Terlingua metal plaque, if you were one on us. It all comes in a Terlingua folder. The Annual contains lots of good articles. The blue tee I received this year is slightly different from last year's model. Then there is that darned parts catalog :spend:

I think the fee is a bargain. Where else can one get this much fun, pleasure and abuse from a place in Vegas (legally) than from the guys and gals in Team Shelby? :hysterical:

I think Robert and Sharon have done a great job giving us a place to play. :salute: If you are not happy with what you get for your $$, don't renew.

Enough said.

Sort of funny, you join a Team SHELBY site and the logos and give aways are Terlingua... yea... no KOOLAID there! And trust me, when it expires it does, I don't own a Terlingua and don't need the bling. I like my dark side site, I just come here to post and chat to a few friends still lurking over here.

We've been members of several car clubs, Badgerland Mustang, SAAC, etc.. and have been invited to several functions and made to feel very special! This membership gives you the spot and priviledges to be included in these special events that we couldn't have gone to otherwise, such as a special spot in the Snake Pit area of the Woodward Dream Cruise in August of 2008, 2009 Team Shelby Bash in Vegas, and Carroll's Birthday Bash of 2008 (we didn't get to go to because it filled up before we could register, but We had the opportunity!!). There are several other events each year that Team Shelby members are invited to and we are kept well informed and very busy and have met some very special people because of this club. Robert and Sharon do a good job of keeping everyone informed and keeping things organized, and with the help of the Moderators help to keep things intact also. :)

SO I paid for my renewal online for "Team SHelby" A MONTH AGO!

Tonight I get a frankly rude, faceless response via email refunding my renewal payment, saying I paid the wrong amount?

The email I got directed me to a $10.00 renewal payment, I clicked on it, paid it, and a month later they send me an unpersonalized note that says I owe $49.00 to RENEW?????

What the Hell?

Why are you charging the same price to renew, as it costs to "Join" the first time around....?

I don't need another T-shirt, membership card, or other dustable stuff.

Why isn't a re-newal less cash?

You have nothing to mail to me, (except for the stuff I don't need)

You really need to come up with a REAL renewal rate.

And when are we going to get the pics from Romeo 08' ????????????

All you guys do is ignore our requests for stuff you promise?

No I am not happy....money is tight....yeh, a Shelby owner said that....!

Think about it.

Rant over.

all this over $ 50.00 dollars,,,I'll pay your membership if you send me all the Shelby stuff,,deal ??? :dance: have a better day,,and have a drink on me ,lol.

all this over $ 50.00 dollars,,,I'll pay your membership if you send me all the Shelby stuff,,deal ??? :dance: have a better day,,and have a drink on me ,lol.

I'll take that bet. :spend: Send me your paypal user name and password. I'll FedEx the Shelby stuff to you when I get it :mail:

I think the main issue here is the WAY the situation was addressed. GunOil's thread came off as kind of harsh (IMO). Robert and Sharon are great people and many of us feel almost like family. If some of us responded strongly it is exactly because we feel that way. Robert and Sharon do MANY other jobs inside SAI other than just this web site. They wear many hats and with SAI just laying off many people they are probably taking on MORE resposibilities. I am guessing that on a priorities list, responding to PM's and emails are not at the top of the list (inking new deals w/Ford and selling cars is probably more important).

As far as the renewal goes: It is what it is. I think that most people here, especially the ones who go to the events, think that $50 is a bargain for what we get. If you do not want the merchandise and do not go to the events then $50 does not really get you much. Feel free to renew or not.

As far as the email for $10 renewal goes: I am guessing it was a mistake. People make mistakes. No reason to get all jumpy about it unless it happens more than once. :doh:

And the unanswered PM's would irritate me. But I would approach it with an open mind and not make any assumptions (read - have an attitude). I have had to PM and email many companies more than once and I find that a friendly approach gets better results. You catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar, although I have now idea why one would want to catch flies :headscratch::shrug:

Is the horse dead now? :beatdeadhorse:

Seems to me Robert and Sharon are "good people"; however, there are some areas of club "ownership" they haven't mastered yet, or haven't recognized. Perhaps it's that "Different drummer" thing we keep hearing about.

I don't know if they realize, for instance, that a promise made is a debt owed. Or that, as taught by an eminent psychiatrist, "We're going to ... " is not the functional equivalent of "It would sure be nice if we could ... but don't count on it". Or that requesting a favor, and having it granted, usually requires thanks, or at least acknowledgment.

I appreciate what they do. I know how difficult it is to field a good team, cover all the bases, score a few times, and meet the payroll. I also know that I couldn't do it, and don't pretend I can.

The fifty bucks membership doesn't pay for doodads; it gives the payer an opportunity to claim membership in an exclusive, if quirky, society, one that means something different to each of us. The doodads are just reminders for those of us who have short-term memory problems. I mentioned in another thread how I recognize the value of the goodies, put them in a safe place, and lost the place. I'll find them in a few years, handle them again, and say, "I remember why I have these! They were a treat from the good folks at, uh, um, er ... that quirky online social group that honored Carroll Shelby, his genius, and his creations. Thank goodness I have these to remind me!"

What other jobs do they do? Just curious.

On a side note from that, I can't imagine having a job where complete strangers have the ability to (or would want to) criticize and scrutinize my job performance in a public forum for days on end. Sheesh. Give them a break. Whether they run the entire company or just this site, this is a car club, a hobby, a distraction. You pay to join, you pay to renew. If you can't afford it, don't join. If you don't enjoy it, don't renew. End thread. :)

Ken

p.s. Although all the Terlingua crap IS a little much. How many people drive those things anyway, like 4? ;)

I met Robert and Sharon for the first time in August 2007 at Tasca Ford and they were in the middle of being extremely busy, both were very courteous... :) I look forward to meeting up with them again this year.... :happy feet: Also Robert graciously gave me the honors of sitting in the KR and SS.... :happy feet: :happy feet: Here are a few pics that were taken... :camera: and on a side note the tall dude on the right of me is NOT Sharon... :hysterical::hysterical:

DSC02995a.jpg

They also work hard at keeping this Site up and running....... :stats: :work:

Hey, doesn't that guy on the left (Chris) work for Shelby too?

HSURB®

SO I paid for my renewal online for "Team SHelby" A MONTH AGO!

Tonight I get a frankly rude, faceless response via email refunding my renewal payment, saying I paid the wrong amount?

The email I got directed me to a $10.00 renewal payment, I clicked on it, paid it, and a month later they send me an unpersonalized note that says I owe $49.00 to RENEW?????

What the Hell?

Why are you charging the same price to renew, as it costs to "Join" the first time around....?

I don't need another T-shirt, membership card, or other dustable stuff.

Why isn't a re-newal less cash?

You have nothing to mail to me, (except for the stuff I don't need)

You really need to come up with a REAL renewal rate.

And when are we going to get the pics from Romeo 08' ????????????

All you guys do is ignore our requests for stuff you promise?

No I am not happy....money is tight....yeh, a Shelby owner said that....!

Think about it.

Rant over.

The renewal rate is the same as the new member rate as membership packages contain all new items each year. We are considering an e-membership only but have made any decision as the to the cost/benefits yet.

The $10.00 "upgrade" notice is confusing and we're working to correct that language.

We had two photo galleries and are merging them into one. You can find the photo gallery here, which includes the Dearborn photos as supplied by Ford. Users can also add their own photos from Dearborn too.

Uh, last I checked joining Team Shelby is voluntary. No one makes those of you who are complaining join or renew. America- if you don't like the site, don't renew and you have spoken. I personally am very pleased and can't wait for my membership to kick in. I have saved way over $50 from the great advice available. Robert helped me with uploading my photos and was great.

I try not to worry about the little things in life to much. I have a problem worrying to much about the big things in life as it is. Worrying is not good for anyone. It even says so in the bible but I won't go into that.

Life is pretty short when you get down to really thinking about it. I have made a few friendships on this site that I can't put a price too. Surely the $50 bucks does not even come to mind.

I try not to worry about the little things in life to much. I have a problem worrying to much about the big things in life as it is. Worrying is not good for anyone. It even says so in the bible but I won't go into that.

Life is pretty short when you get down to really thinking about it. I have made a few friendships on this site that I can't put a price too. Surely the $50 bucks does not even come to mind.

Didn't even matter on the Dearborn pics...they didn't release the one with me & my builders....too bad, as I had said it was as much for them as it was for me.

:banghead:

Grab....easy to say $50 no big deal....try dealing with a biz on it's ear right now....this economy sucks!

Everything around here is getting cut back this year, and when push comes to shove, the Shelby will be the first toy to go out of sheer necessity.....

Everything around here is getting cut back this year, and when push comes to shove, the Shelby will be the first toy to go out of sheer necessity.....

Yah man, this economy does suck and I agree, the first thing to go will be the Shelby, well maybe Marji's Charger first then the Shelby :hysterical: .

Best of luck.

The renewal rate is the same as the new member rate as membership packages contain all new items each year. We are considering an e-membership only but have made any decision as the to the cost/benefits yet.

The $10.00 "upgrade" notice is confusing and we're working to correct that language.

We had two photo galleries and are merging them into one. You can find the photo gallery here, which includes the Dearborn photos as supplied by Ford. Users can also add their own photos from Dearborn too.

A response to that . Your a better man then me!!!!

Archived