TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Problem..

r3voked

Well it seems that I have yet another problem with the 08 GT500. First problem I had was TSB symptoms which then turned into losing reverse gear and wasn't able to get into 2nd after a certain rpm for some reason. The car was down for about 3 weeks while ford fixed it under warranty. Then the rear end kept leaking, all around the diff cover and still is. It has been to ford two times for it and they keep re-sealing it and I clean it off and it still comes back. I don't know what the problem with that is. Most recently though after I go out and drive the car for a bit and come back home. When I have to go some where later on I will start the car and it will idle like there is a giant cam in the car. The car shakes and violently idles from 200-1000rpms. If I let it sit for about 10-15 min it smooths out but not completely. I decided to drive it up to a shop around town. I was about half way there and my battery light comes on, it stays on for a few seconds and then goes off for a min only to come back on at random. Before I could reach the shop my radio and radar completely turn off while I was driving. It comes back on and is all reset after about 3 min, the clock reset to 12 and went through all the cd's. I pull up to a friend who was near by and turn the car off and tried to start it again. It doesn't start so we pull the battery and take it to auto zone to test it. They charge it for an hour and test it, the test said it was a perfectly fine battery. After all that I go and put the battery back in and the car barely starts. The shop is now closed and the ford service shop is closed as well. I only have 12 miles till empty to get home with so I filled the car up while it was still running that way I wouldn't have to call someone to come jump start me. I have to wait till tomorrow now to take it to ford, but I am guessing im gonna need a new alternator :banghead: . I have only had the car for about 8 months now and have loved every single moment of the 11,000miles I have put on it. It pains me to see her like this! :cry: I am wanting to invest more money into the car, new blower and maybe even a griggs setup. But now I am having second thoughts. I just want it to run perfectly so I can have fun. Anyone have anymore insight on a few of the problems I have been having besides the transmission which is completely fixed and functioning perfectly. Thanks for the help.

- Anthony

Sorry to hear your having so much trouble sounds like an electrical problem. Sealing the rear end should not be a problem unless the housing has a hairline crack in the housing. & opens up when the rear is warmed up. Don`t give up take to the dealer & tell them your not happy & would like to get to the bottom of the problems. Good Luck

Well it seems that I have yet another problem with the 08 GT500. First problem I had was TSB symptoms which then turned into losing reverse gear and wasn't able to get into 2nd after a certain rpm for some reason. The car was down for about 3 weeks while ford fixed it under warranty. Then the rear end kept leaking, all around the diff cover and still is. It has been to ford two times for it and they keep re-sealing it and I clean it off and it still comes back. I don't know what the problem with that is. Most recently though after I go out and drive the car for a bit and come back home. When I have to go some where later on I will start the car and it will idle like there is a giant cam in the car. The car shakes and violently idles from 200-1000rpms. If I let it sit for about 10-15 min it smooths out but not completely. I decided to drive it up to a shop around town. I was about half way there and my battery light comes on, it stays on for a few seconds and then goes off for a min only to come back on at random. Before I could reach the shop my radio and radar completely turn off while I was driving. It comes back on and is all reset after about 3 min, the clock reset to 12 and went through all the cd's. I pull up to a friend who was near by and turn the car off and tried to start it again. It doesn't start so we pull the battery and take it to auto zone to test it. They charge it for an hour and test it, the test said it was a perfectly fine battery. After all that I go and put the battery back in and the car barely starts. The shop is now closed and the ford service shop is closed as well. I only have 12 miles till empty to get home with so I filled the car up while it was still running that way I wouldn't have to call someone to come jump start me. I have to wait till tomorrow now to take it to ford, but I am guessing im gonna need a new alternator :banghead: . I have only had the car for about 8 months now and have loved every single moment of the 11,000miles I have put on it. It pains me to see her like this! :cry: I am wanting to invest more money into the car, new blower and maybe even a griggs setup. But now I am having second thoughts. I just want it to run perfectly so I can have fun. Anyone have anymore insight on a few of the problems I have been having besides the transmission which is completely fixed and functioning perfectly. Thanks for the help.

- Anthony

Diff fluid could be leaking from vent & running down over the cover, maybe they overfilled diff after doing reseal ? Fluid need room to expand when it heats up, after driving it can puke out vent if overfilled. Electrical problem sounds like an open ckt in main battery cable or clamp. If you have a sudden voltage drop through a bad connecions or cable, it will reset clock & radio as well as main computer. Causes erratic idle until it does a relearn. Ford did have some trouble with cables where they were formed into the battery clamp. just a note, this problem can occur either on the positive or negative cables. negative cable could be loose on the engine block.

best of luck

AL

Wow, I'd be camping out at some Ford dealer until it was done....hard to do when you work. I have to drive an hour and a half to the dealer that sold me my car, but I don't trust the local dealer any further than I could throw them.....

Good Luck!

+1 perhaps the differential is overfilled. Any chance you have an aftermarket differential cover/girdle?

Nope completely stock rear end. I dropped it off at ford and showed them every last detail that was going wrong with the car and all of the things that I wasn't happy with. Even that the bumper pops out a quarter of an inch after I drive it, I have to pop it back in to place. Thanks a lot for all the help guys!

sorry for your misfurtune.

My rear bumper pops out of place after I drive it as well, I have push from each side to get it back in place.

terrible I know :(

Have you taken it in to the dealer sounds like fastener is lose

or missing

Archived