TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010GT Or Lightly Used 07-08 GT500?

Here is my point....

How can Ford possibly sell any 2010 GT Mustangs, when very low mileage '07-'09 GT500's can be had on ebay for only a little bit more than the price on the 2010 GT's???

It would seem like a no brainer, to not even consider a 2010GT for the low $30's, when GT500's can now be had with something like 5K on them for $35-$40K.

In fact, even considering the economy, I am shocked that the GT500's have dropped as much as they have. I can't even imagine buying a GT, when a GT500 is less than $10K more. As far as depreciation goes, the GT's, I suspect will 1/2 in value in a very short time, yet I can't image a GT500 ever dropping below $30K, unless damaged or mega miles.

Here is my point....

How can Ford possibly sell any 2010 GT Mustangs, when very low mileage '07-'09 GT500's can be had on ebay for only a little bit more than the price on the 2010 GT's???

It would seem like a no brainer, to not even consider a 2010GT for the low $30's, when GT500's can now be had with something like 5K on them for $35-$40K.

In fact, even considering the economy, I am shocked that the GT500's have dropped as much as they have. I can't even imagine buying a GT, when a GT500 is less than $10K more. As far as depreciation goes, the GT's, I suspect will 1/2 in value in a very short time, yet I can't image a GT500 ever dropping below $30K, unless damaged or mega miles.

Only two reasons i could even think of. One they dont want that power or they want to do it with a gt (Y i dunno) and Two, its the first modle year of a new body style and some guys out there live for that stuff. If it were me id get the 500. But i have one so im good.

Well there are lots of reasons someone might want a new 2010 GT. They don't want 500P, they don't want to buy premium fuel, they don't want to use as much fuel as a GT500 would use, higher insurance costs on GT500, they might need to drive their car year round (winter climates), an new GT will still be cheaper than a used GT500 (and who knows how that used GT500 might've been abused.

In the end, buying a vehicle always comes down to individual preferences and few people share the sames tastes.

I think one factor of interest on the GT is the automatic. The other reasons have been mentioned. I love my GT 500 and the torque is amazing. But if I had to do it over again I would have bought a slightly used 6 cyl car and pulled the engine and modded the dog crap out of it and saved $20k.

I had a low 11 second Regal T that would have given my GT 500 a good run. Yes it was quite a bit lighter and lacked the torque but if done right you can make a strong forced air 6 cylinder fast.

Archived