TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Got the OK from the Wife for the Supercharger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have been debating for quite some time what Supercharger I wanted, then Tasca runs this special that put me over the edge. So I will be getting a Supercharger the week of the 16th courtesy of Tasca. I will get the Polished one. So far I have them putting on the Brakes I will bring to them. I also just bought the Ford Blue Valve Covers that I am going to have them install. In addition I am getting the Shelby Gauges installed. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

OK here is my question-

For those that have Superchargers can you think of anything that should be done now that I am missing? I am debating the Aluminum Drive Shaft, but this can always be done later with no additional cost. I am really talking about stuff that would be a lot more labor due to having to take things apart again in order to do it.

Any ideas?????

I am pumped, can not wait to get it done!!!

All Ideas are welcome

Thanks All

Bill

Bill,

I think I shot you a PM or on my post and told you the Clutch will be a must! Dennis will tell you this, had I known prior I would have had him due the clutch, the drive shaft and a BMR front loop. And if you are feeling froggy go with a new aluminum fly wheel too. I am hearing that if you do a single disc clutch from tons of people to include Jared at Lethal go with a Centerforce Dual Friction ($299) if you go with a Dual go with a SPEC or McLeod.

I let a good friend drive my car today, as he has a bunch of Stangs that are decked out for racing and he said I needed to get the clutch done ASAP.

Adds about $1500 to the overall price---to do all the above mentioned

Jason

Well I have been debating for quite some time what Supercharger I wanted, then Tasca runs this special that put me over the edge. So I will be getting a Supercharger the week of the 16th courtesy of Tasca. I will get the Polished one. So far I have them putting on the Brakes I will bring to them. I also just bought the Ford Blue Valve Covers that I am going to have them install. In addition I am getting the Shelby Gauges installed. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

OK here is my question-

For those that have Superchargers can you think of anything that should be done now that I am missing? I am debating the Aluminum Drive Shaft, but this can always be done later with no additional cost. I am really talking about stuff that would be a lot more labor due to having to take things apart again in order to do it.

Any ideas?????

All Ideas are welcome

Thanks All

Bill

Congrats bill, I will be there on Monday getting mine done as well. That deal was to good to pass up! I am freaking stoked for this it has been a long time coming ! :yahoo:

OK here is my question-

Any ideas?????

All Ideas are welcome

Thanks All

Bill

Congrat's, I am sure you'll love it.

This may be a bit mundane but I recall learning, after my S/C was installed, that there is a hose that runs through the motor valley that most people would want to replace with metal or, at the very least, hose with braided covering. If it fails, it will cost much labor to fix it so, as long as you are in there, you might consider it.

Good call with the polished unit. Don't let anyone tell you it's too much bling. I was not sure myself until the first time I opened my hood and saw that beauty in there.

Jim

I don’t quite understand all of the reported clutch problems. I’ve been running my car on the street and the track for 15,000+ miles and I’m still on the original stock clutch. I don’t abuse it but I am certainly not easy on it.

That includes hooking up on over 100 quarter mile passes with drag tires, 4.10 gears, and an Eaton Posi differential. Continue to get consistent 11.8 second ¼ miles with 1.7-1.8 second 60’ times and still no clutch slippage.

Wider wheels/tires are a big plus but you will still be breaking loose the back end on the street if you stomp on it. If you drive on the street with TCS off you need to be very aware of where you are in the power curve or it will get away from you fast.

Either way you are going to love it with the SC… incredibly fun car to drive.

Good Luck

I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE GETTING A HEAT EXCHANGER, BUT IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING ONE

IN THE KIT FROM TASCA I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THAT ITEM.

BTW DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A HEAT EXCHANGER COME WITH THE WHIPPLE 550 HP KIT ?

SCOTTY G.

This may be a bit mundane but I recall learning, after my S/C was installed, that there is a hose that runs through the motor valley that most people would want to replace with metal or, at the very least, hose with braided covering. If it fails, it will cost much labor to fix it so, as long as you are in there, you might consider it.

Good call with the polished unit. Don't let anyone tell you it's too much bling. I was not sure myself until the first time I opened my hood and saw that beauty in there.

Jim

Clark, I mentioned this previously in another thread about 4 months ago (maybe more). If it will make you feel any better that hose will probably last over 150 K miles and over 6 years. But I am with you. When it goes it will be expensive and could cause too much damage. I don't know why Ford routes a hose under the intake manifold.

PS- I now have to manually change the font on replies so I can read my own reply. This is ridiculious.

What special is Tasca running? I just had my 08 conv. supercharged by them. Made b/w 470 and 480 hp at the rear wheels on the dyno. Dennis is a good fellow to work with.

Stu

Clark, I mentioned this previously in another thread about 4 months ago (maybe more). If it will make you feel any better that hose will probably last over 150 K miles and over 6 years. But I am with you. When it goes it will be expensive and could cause too much damage. I don't know why Ford routes a hose under the intake manifold.

PS- I now have to manually change the font on replies so I can read my own reply. This is ridiculious.

What special is Tasca running? I just had my 08 conv. supercharged by them. Made b/w 470 and 480 hp at the rear wheels on the dyno. Dennis is a good fellow to work with.

Stu

Stu,

It is either on page 1 or 2 of this forum, it says Tasca Special right in the title, can not miss it.

Just curious, what else did you get done while you were at Tasca?

Post some Pic's

Thanks,

Bill

Stu

Stu

Ahh you are the one that got the first 2008 done with a whipple 550 by Tasca---was wondering who that was. I tried to get mine in before yours but no such luck--congrats!

Jason

If you are an 08 owner you will be getting a "stock airbox" due to the CARB/EOB ---make sure it has clearance on the hood underside---mine did not. I have driven the car about 150 miles and was showing it off to some car enthusiasts at work and I noticed the air box had blue paint on it---well sure enough my hood on the underside was missing paint. I raised up the rubber on the hood but now the hood does not sit flush with the car lines. Now I am really going to look into doing a mod to the hood insulation to get it back in the car.

I chalked the entire top of my whipple tonight and can't find a place where it hits the insulation other than the stock airbox cover. It is very close over the back of the whipple so I cut out a 3inch by 9 inch out of my insulation there but left everything else in tact.

There should not be any heat danger of it being close to the insulation should there????

Just gotta act like a Doctor.... If you're gonna open her up, may as well do all you can so she doesn't have to go under the knife twice! :) Less scaring and quicker recovery!

I just want to say thet the blue valve/cam covers, the anodized blue cross over and the polished whipple look very nice on your blue car. Very nice and clean.

I'll have to check on that clearance issue. As the first 08 Tasca did, maybe they were not aware. I'll also have to post pictures when I get a chance. I went for the black whipple instead of polished. The car is an absolute beast now. Stu

If you are an 08 owner you will be getting a "stock airbox" due to the CARB/EOB ---make sure it has clearance on the hood underside---mine did not. I have driven the car about 150 miles and was showing it off to some car enthusiasts at work and I noticed the air box had blue paint on it---well sure enough my hood on the underside was missing paint. I raised up the rubber on the hood but now the hood does not sit flush with the car lines. Now I am really going to look into doing a mod to the hood insulation to get it back in the car.

Archived