TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Evolution Stage 2 Intake System 2.8" pulley

glroy

what can I expect for the stage 2 kit? what about heat?? I played with my 02 gt (under drive pulleys,CAI, TB spacer,cat back)bottom line ended up with an over heating issue when outside temps hit 114F. We vacation in Palm springs,LA,Vegas during the summer (love the heat) I don't want to have a heating issue on summer vacation. any feed back from you folks in the heat would be appreciated

Don't bother with the 2.8 pulley, go with the 2.6, air intake, and heat exchanger. I live in Palm Springs year round and don't have any cooling issues. The reason your 02 GT was running hot was the water pump pulley from your underdrive pulley kit..I don't install them at my shop in Palm Springs as it does make the cars run too hot in the summer. Let me know when you are coming back to Palm Springs and we can meet up. I also have family up in Vancouver, Victoria, and Courtney..

Alex

Don't bother with the 2.8 pulley, go with the 2.6, air intake, and heat exchanger. I live in Palm Springs year round and don't have any cooling issues. The reason your 02 GT was running hot was the water pump pulley from your underdrive pulley kit..I don't install them at my shop in Palm Springs as it does make the cars run too hot in the summer. Let me know when you are coming back to Palm Springs and we can meet up. I also have family up in Vancouver, Victoria, and Courtney..

Alex

cool thanks for the advice and yes I did figure the water pump out eventually. would love to hook up when we are in palm springs. we are planning on July 1 to 7. I am picking this kit up used. I am planning on doing the CAI (need tune) then do the pulley and heat exchanger next winter when i put her in storage. I am gong to get into enough s :censored: for buying the stage 2 let alone a heat exchanger on top of that.

LOL..I hear you!! PM me before you are coming down so we can hook up. You'll love the stage 2..very nice set-up. If you ever need parts let me know I have a Mustang shop and have lots of new and used stuff in stock. I have family that comes down here often that can bring stuff up to Vancouver to save on shipping too...

Archived