TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many of you...

rnoggle

I was tired of driving my focus while I had a srt8 charger in the garage...I didn't want to drive the charger daily so I went to look at mustang gt's...I drove a few at the local dealership and tried to work a deal on a dealer installed regency package mustang that had a ton of aftermarket stuff on it...came within $1000.00 of my price but they wouldn't budge so i quit thinking about it...Then we took a trip to my aunts and happened to stop for lunch unknowingly on the exit I bought my charger from so we drove through to look and see if they had any mustangs...They had 2 a 6 cylinder and the shelby...I didn't really know what a SGT is...I didn't want to pay almost $10,000.00 for a shelby package that didn't add much power...Well I ended up getting more for my trade then I expected and they came down several thousand below A-plan price plus rebates so after 3 hours of thinking and 2 test drives I finally decided to purchase it...It's only when I got home and got on here that I realized what the SGT is and the heritage with Shelby and all...I thought I had bought a mustang GT with a bunch of aftermarket stuff put on by shelby...Wich that is what the car is but I didn't realize the limited # and all that stuff until I looked on here...

Good story but now that you know how special the SGT is your going to have to park the SGT and daily drive the SRT8. I guess you'll need to get another car as a daily driver. Bummer.

Don

Had a '68 KR & a'68 350 back on the 80's. I swore one day i'd get another, but by the time I was

ready, prices were astronomical. I bought an '06 GT & started modding it, then realized with the

money I planned on spending, I could get a GT500. Started looking around, but just couldnt bring

myself to spend what the ADM's were. Went to see a black 500 at a local dealer, & saw a white SGT,

with the lowered stance, silver stripes, & overall look of the 66-350, that was it, just had to have one.

Good story but now that you know how special the SGT is your going to have to park the SGT and daily drive the SRT8. I guess you'll need to get another car as a daily driver. Bummer.

Don

I drive both now whenever I feel like it :happy feet: But I drive the shelby to work since I work at a Ford assembly plant and I don't want to leave my Dodge in the parking lot unattended...

I drive both now whenever I feel like it :happy feet: But I drive the shelby to work since I work at a Ford assembly plant and I don't want to leave my Dodge in the parking lot unattended...

It's good to have choices, especially when they are cool ones like which great car to drive today. I have a buddy up the street who has a black on black SRT8. It's very sharp and it gets along real good. I see your point, probably not a good idea to park that Dodge in a Ford plant. Enjoy.

Don

Always liked the Shelby cars from the 60's but they were too much money. {Wish I had of bought one then.} After Vietnam in 67 I bought a 67 Mustang Fastback 289 2 bbl 4 speed. Under $3000. Loved it. After the body changes in 69 I just gave up on them. In 2005 when they came out with the new body I went and looked at them and decided I would not pay $30,000 for a Mustang. Than while watching the Barrett- Jackson Auction in January I saw my chance to have a Shelby the heck with the the $40, 000 cost. Oh well it went up $10 grand but Iam having fun. And later so will my Grandsonpost-11234-1236292165_thumb.jpg

post-11234-1236292165_thumb.jpg

i was wanting a 69 fastback and was looking for one desperatly with no luck what so ever. my dad suggested i go look at a new one, i was looking through doenges selection when i saw they has something called a "shelby gt" i was curios so i went down there and test drove it. before i even got back in the lot the sales person had the papers ready to go. i picked it up the next day. i loved that car so much i even gave it a name. i had that car for alittle over a year when i was rear ended at a stop light. the damage was extreme 17,500$ in body damage. the insurance company wanted to rebuilt it, i hired a lawyer and he got a good settlement out of them. i called doenges ford of bartlesville told them what happened and said i wanted another one, except this time a manual. they looked around and found me one on a showroom floor 250 miles away, they bought it and had it shipped to me. i was so happy when i got the new one. i got lucky at that time there were only 8 manuals left on showrooms floors(according to the dealers stock system)

i tell you now, i love my sgt so much that when i get a chance i would like to buy another, at the very least i want to find my sweet natasha again(07sgt4066) she's somewhere in Texas now. my new one Natalia(o7sgt4181) is turning into a beast. shelbys always held a place in my heart ever since i saw a 68 gt500 at a car show when i was a child. was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen :drool: other then my car :shift:

I fell inlove with the GT500 when I first saw pictures of it. I did a lot of reading and research into the GT500. Although I would have liked

to have one, I came to the conclusion that a car with 500 horses under the hood was too much for me since I live on a small island

(I have since tossed that idea away).

I then saw the GT-H and really liked it. I did more research and found out about the SGT and figured that would be a better car for me.

I never got to even test drive the SGT before I bought. I saw it, sat in it, started it, played with the radio and looked at the engine before I asked the salesman to give me a quote.

I am very happy I bought the car. It's the first Mustang I ever bought and a Shelby to boot. Now on to upgrades............. :D

i loved the s197 style as soon as they brought it out i knew i had to get one but was going to wait a while. so feb of 2008 rolls around and i have my 10 month old focus st in for some work and there is my SGT sitting on the showroom floor for a realy good price. i had read about them and knew all about them but never thought i would own one but as i am poking around the salesman swings by and says do you want me to start the paper work? i laugh and say if you can throw in a winter beater(they salt the shit out of the roads) ill take it today he says we can do that i say no i want it for free he says yeah i can do that. so i said what do you have he tells me to wait a min. and goes and makes a call (they were having an off site sale) and 15 min later as i am expecting a beat down geo a 99 fully loaded chevy tahoe pulls up and this thing is nice not mint but really nice for the year. i tell him write it up lol then i call my beautifull wife and tell her she better meet me at the dealership lol. the rest is history i drive her home wash the salt off and park her for 3 months. hahaha

Archived