TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prudhomme SS Performance

• 4 months later...

Ok kids just so you know- 09DP004 is in build at SAI and has been since March- unknown build time (its the first public production build) but we are praying Oct or Nov for the beast to be done- If it is done by then expect to see it at the Shelby run in Jan and on the track during that time. Can you wait another a couple of months or am I just :banghead: ?

I was by the factory yesterday and my DP car is # 5 and the engine mods are done as is the roll bar it sounded like it would be finished way before October or November? They are working on 5 DP editons right now and haven't sold anymore as of yesterday and are not allowing any of the mod shops to build any DP cars either. I have no idea which is the first one of the five available to the public.

Ok kids just so you know- 09DP004 is in build at SAI and has been since March- unknown build time (its the first public production build) but we are praying Oct or Nov for the beast to be done- If it is done by then expect to see it at the Shelby run in Jan and on the track during that time. Can you wait another a couple of months or am I just :banghead: ?

#1 and #2 are Shelby and possibly Prudhomme- #3 was waiting for a car (deposit was down) when we dropped off #4 for the build up the second week of March (we were told we were the 1st public production car in build for this edition when we dropped it off) We were also told that due to the nature of the build they weren't sure how long the build was going to be- but to expect a long wait- works for me- rather have the beast completed right then nagging them about when it's gonna be done - If it's done before October or Novemeber that's great- Means we dont have to pull the trailer in the snow with his beast in it. So we wait and are patient about it

From what I am hearing at SAI it doesn't sound like they have any other build orders or prospects for the DP edition and since they won't allow any other mod shop to build any this snake is going to be one very rare Shelby Mustang. Clearly under ten will be built.

Works for us- Hubby wanted another rare Shelby "legacy" car and now looks like he'll have it- as long as he's happy with his toys and my toys- I'm happy ---hope its ready for the Jan run... Now that would be interesting

That would be sweet. I'd love to see it in person. :happy feet:

Well so far that's the plan we are sitting on...I'm not really happy with the idea - even in a sea of Shelby's it's gonna stand out , and would rather take the "baby" but he want's to take his "beast" if it's done-- are you going on the run in Jan?

Archived