TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beware of CJ Pony Parts

As some of you may know I picked up an 07 GT500 about 2 months ago. I have been looking around the forums and learning about the car as much as I could. I had decieded that I wanted to install a KR shorth throw shifter. Someone had given me a gift card for CJ Pony Parts, so I went to there web site and found that they sell the KR shifter. There price was $185, which after searching around seemed to be a good deal. Well the gift card was supposed to be for $50. I place the order over their website and enter in my gift card #. When I go to check out it wasn't showing the $50 credit from the card. So I called up and they told be don't worry about it when we charge your credit card the gift card amount will be credited, so I said ok and placed the order. Well the next day I go back on there website just to look around and I see that the shifter I just bought the day before, the same shifter that I didn't even recieved yet was on sale for $165. I didn't call them back right away because I wanted to wait till I got the shifter because I thought that maybe they will have charged me the sale price and I would have seen it on the packing reciept. Well I get the shifter and no such luck. I go online to check to see how much they actualy charged my card, and not only didn't they give the shifter for the sale price but they didn't give me the full gift card credit. They only credited me $30 and not the full $50. So I call up, explain the problem with the gift card, which they said they would take care of but when I explained the problem about the shifter going on sale the day after I bought mine, they said well thats too bad, you bought it before it went on sale. I explained that being a new customer and potencially a loyal future customer I thought it would be a smart bussiness move to keep the new customer happy and give me the shifter for the sale price. He basically said sorry buddy your beat. I then said well then I dont want the shifter, i'll send it back. He then informed me that he will be glad to take it back but I would have a to pay a 15% restocking fee, which made it not worth sending back. I asked to speak to someone else and he connected me to the accounting dept. I explained my issue to them just like I did to the first guy and they said you are right, it should not be a problem and they were going to care of that too, just give them a few days. Well 2 weeks later, nothing, not even the credit from the gift card issue. I called back, explained the situation again, and again was told they would take care of the gift card problem but I was beat on the sale price thing. I asked to speak to a manager, was given his voice mail, so I left a message asking him to call me back. Mind you accourding to the guy I just spoke to he had put me on hold to speak to this same manager to ask him about this credit, now 2 minutes later he isn't there. Well this last phone call was on Friday morning, I still have not heard back from him and still haven't even got the cift card issue resolved.

I belive this to be a very sketchy company. As a bussiness owner myself, I wouldn't think twice about crediting a new and future customer $20 on an item that went on sale the day after they purchased it.

I just wanted to let all of you know how I was treated and maybe you guys will think twicew about using CJ Pony Parts out of Harrisburg, PA.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with CJs. The gift card thing really should have been taken care of right away.

That said, I have done business with CJs for some time now and thier pricing changes day to day. Sales on certian days of the week, free shipping on others. Its sort of a game with them. I have gotten some incredible deals through them on parts for my 65GT and the parts have generally been top notch. Shipping sometimes takes a while as they will frequently sell out of a product placed on sale and then back order. They do eventually ship everything and they eat the extra shipping costs. So there are deals to be had if you can wait. Even in the antique parts arena, there are dealers with better serivce and faster shipping but seldom with lower prices. They have always treated me fairly when there were problems with my orders as well. Do business with any online vendor long enough and problems will arise, its how the vendor handles those problems that sets them apart. Sounds like yours was not handled all that well. Just letting you know they are generally a stand up vendor that has been around for a long time, large inventory and fairly well respected at least in the vintage car sector.

Good luck in getting the gift card sorted out.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with CJs. The gift card thing really should have been taken care of right away.

That said, I have done business with CJs for some time now and thier pricing changes day to day. Sales on certian days of the week, free shipping on others. Its sort of a game with them. I have gotten some incredible deals through them on parts for my 65GT and the parts have generally been top notch. Shipping sometimes takes a while as they will frequently sell out of a product placed on sale and then back order. They do eventually ship everything and they eat the extra shipping costs. So there are deals to be had if you can wait. Even in the antique parts arena, there are dealers with better serivce and faster shipping but seldom with lower prices. They have always treated me fairly when there were problems with my orders as well. Do business with any online vendor long enough and problems will arise, its how the vendor handles those problems that sets them apart. Sounds like yours was not handled all that well. Just letting you know they are generally a stand up vendor that has been around for a long time, large inventory and fairly well respected at least in the vintage car sector.

Good luck in getting the gift card sorted out.

Have never done business with these folks but will think twice about a so called good deal.. I hope they stand up and make it right. If they do a post would be appreciated...

Leroy

This certainly doesn't sound like a good customer experience, but I would write them off completely. I've done business with them for about 5 years now mostly with parts for my '68 mustang. They carry quality products and have some great pricing. I've also had the 'out of stock' on sales items, but eventually they do ship it and credit back the shipping charges. If I was in a hurry for a part I wouldn't use them. Mostly because the PA to CA shipping takes a while. But when I'm in no hurry and they have a big sale, the prices are hard to beat.

• 2 months later...

I made a big order for my '69 Mach 1 from Cj's and about half of it got lost or they didn't ship it. to make a long story short it took over 4 months to get it resolved, after 50 phone calls and 100 emails NONE of which were returned they did send my order. I can't say they hosed me but I didn't get the feeling it would upset them if they did.

What a coincidence. I was just getting ready to order a couple of items from them and ran across this information. I changed my mind and will buy my products elsewhere. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

My toploader rebuild kit that I bought from them was incomplete. They were zero help. I had to go to David Kee directly (the manufacturer) to get the correct/missing parts.

He was an outstanding guy to deal with and actually sent me everything I lacked free of charge. The export brace I bought from CJ started peeling a month after I put it on with ZERO road time. They have had nothing to say about that either. They've lost my business.

Ken

I bit my tongue on the first time around on this. I can't the second time around.

1). I agree on the gift card issue. Clearly they have some order handling issues. Should not have been a difficult issue to correct.

2). With regards to the sale price. I mean, really. You agreed to pay the price that was on the screen when you clicked order, correct? They didn't advertise that they'll meet or beat other pricing or give credits when an item goes on sale after you buy it, right? When you go buy steaks at the grocery store and then get the next week's flyer in the mail and see that they just put that same meat on sale, do you go back to the grocery store and demand a refund of the difference because the steak went on sale?

In closing, have an issue with the effort it took to get the gift card issue resolved (if it ever did), but good grief, quit your whining about buying something and having it go on sale afterwards. Or go ask Lowe's to start stocking parts for your car.......I hear they have a 30 day price match guarantee.

I hate to say it, but they have to draw a line somewhere.

You missed the deadline

But still they are wrong for not crediting you the $50 for your card.

But if it were my company, and your a GT500 owner and wise enough and actually noticed the sale, I would probably give you a $20 gift card, that way it is a free gift to you but will most likely cause you to spend more money at my company at a later date. A win win!

Archived