TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Brakes

I would like to know from the experts out there what the reccomended rotors pads and stainless steele brake lines are that those of you who Auto cross your SGT's use? I am planning on staying with my stock wheels maybe someday when the money is available I will upgrade my wheels.

thanks

I'm getting the drilled and slotted rotors,hawke street performance pads and ss brakelines installed now. I'll let you know how they turned out in a couple of days. These will fit your stock wheels as these are oem size.I am pleased with the factory wheels and if i decide to change wheels later then i will still go with 18'' wheels on account they will handle better than 20's and i am pleased with the 18'' look.

The engineers at Griggs Racing had some interesting info for us this past weekend.

They mentioned that they suggest running the stock sized rotors, with their lighter, stronger calipers.

They told us that bigger rotors aren't necessary, even in the toughest racing applications and that they only add unnecessary mass.

See this link for 'moment of inertia' for a brief explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia

I'm not an engineer, so I couldn't tell you what's the best brake, but I thought I'd throw this out there for you to consider.

Ken

The engineers at Griggs Racing had some interesting info for us this past weekend.

They mentioned that they suggest running the stock sized rotors, with their lighter, stronger calipers.

They told us that bigger rotors aren't necessary, even in the toughest racing applications and that they only add unnecessary mass.

See this link for 'moment of inertia' for a brief explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia

I'm not an engineer, so I couldn't tell you what's the best brake, but I thought I'd throw this out there for you to consider.

Ken

I also want to keep the stock bullits, as I don't like the looks of the huge wheels. I'm going with the Baer GT rotors, hawk pads, s/s lines and high temp fluid. I'm sure that will be way more than adequate. I used to race BMW's and all I did was put on Hawk pads and high temp fluid and s/s lines, and raced all weekend with no problems.

Think twice before you do business with Blue Oval Industries. I ordered the Baer rotors from him with a $69 shipping fee. The next day I found his ad on Ebay for the same price but $39 shipping. I sent an email asking for adjustment. No reply. 2 days later I sent an email again asking for the shipping adjustment or cancel my order. I got an email back immediatly stating my order was canceled and to never order from them again.

I found the same Baer rotors for $5 less and $39 shipping on Ebay from another source. Check the different forums for comments about Blue Oval. People are happy with the prices and service as long as it goes smooth. But, have a little problem and lookout! He is extremely lacking in people skills. I ordered $550 worth of items from him 2 months earlier but when I asked for a $30 dollar adjustment on shipping this time he immediatly banned me.

BTW, I got my Goodridge lines and Hawk pads from tirerack.com. $142 for the lines vs. $200+ everywhere else.

GREG

I had the Stillen slotted and drilled rotors with Dot 4 fluid SS brake lines and Hawk pads. It was OK at VIR twice. My 2nd time there, however, I broke a rear rotor. It is true about the cross drilled for a track application. Stay away from them. If you go with a more stout two piece rotor, you will likely not have the same issue even it they are cross drilled. I put the stock rears on with AP Racing 4 pistons with 2 piece drilled and slotted on the front. I hope I am not sorry I went with drilled again.

Think twice before you do business with Blue Oval Industries. I ordered the Baer rotors from him with a $69 shipping fee. The next day I found his ad on Ebay for the same price but $39 shipping. I sent an email asking for adjustment. No reply. 2 days later I sent an email again asking for the shipping adjustment or cancel my order. I got an email back immediatly stating my order was canceled and to never order from them again.

I found the same Baer rotors for $5 less and $39 shipping on Ebay from another source. Check the different forums for comments about Blue Oval. People are happy with the prices and service as long as it goes smooth. But, have a little problem and lookout! He is extremely lacking in people skills. I ordered $550 worth of items from him 2 months earlier but when I asked for a $30 dollar adjustment on shipping this time he immediatly banned me.

BTW, I got my Goodridge lines and Hawk pads from tirerack.com. $142 for the lines vs. $200+ everywhere else.

GREG

Ive had no problems with Blue Oval. I actually went to the showroom/warehouse to pick my rotors up and the guy there was very helpful and nice. I know many others on here have ordered through them and havent had problems here.

I guess the key is know what your buying and the price before you commit to the purchase. Dont buy something, find it cheaper somewhere else, and then expect the original seller to make up the difference. I wont be going to the Ford dealer asking for $10,000 back because the SGT's are going for less now.

Dont shoot me, Its just a thought.

Thanks for the feed back, I will not comment on a vendor until I expiernce a bad dealing. So far everyone I have ordered from has delivered exactly what I expected, I just wish I had more funds to spend on my baby!!! Please keep the information coming it helps a bunch.

I bought my rotors from Blue Oval for 299.00 and 58.00 shipping. I had know problem with them and everything went smooth. I see know problem asking for a price match as that is what i did with Stillen when i bought my ss brake lines. It was mentioned on this forum that Tire Rack had them for 142.00 . I ordered my lines from Stillen for 216.00 then found out about Tire Rack the next day . I called Stillen back and talked to Charley and asked him if he could price match and he said he would. With the economy as bad as it is it is no big deal to most companys. If Blue Oval told me to never order from them again then i wouldn't and i would let everyone know how i was treated. But like i said, I have had no trouble. I got my rotors,pads and lines along with Napa dot 5.1 fluid installed today.It looks good and i hope i broke my pads in correctly. I don't remember what Hawke said about breakin but i believe it was run up to 60mph then firmly step on your brakes till you get to 35mph then speed back up to 60mph. Do this 6 to 10 times then drive for about 15 or 20 minutes to cool your brakes down and this should have your pads and rotors seated. Does this sound right anyone. Thanks.

Archived