TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Close We Came To Losing Our Freedoms

You don't have to be a gun entusiast. You just have to love freedom and recognize that firearms recognize freedom to millions. You can protect yourself, your family rather than having to call the government for everything. You can protect yourself and family immediately, on the scene. Liberals hate firearms because those owners are independent and do not rely on the government for their every need. And they can resist. Liberals do not want those that can resist. They want us powerless.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't have to be a gun entusiast. You just have to love freedom and recognize that firearms recognize freedom to millions. You can protect yourself, your family rather than having to call the government for everything. You can protect yourself and family immediately, on the scene. Liberals hate firearms because those owners are independent and do not rely on the government for their every need. And they can resist. Liberals do not want those that can resist. They want us powerless.

I love Freedom...........

I do not advertise how many fire arms I own but I can protect myself and my Family...........

My Family and I do not depend on the Government.........

And I disagree with the hard line thinking that Liberals want us to

depend on the Government.........

I do not see a liberal Government as the Enemy and The "NRA" is okay with me but me as a

member would not change my opinians..................

Live life consumed with worry about loosing your freedoms??????????

Can keep you from enjoying the ones you have?????????

WOW, That's Deep. Here are some other Quotes, that I am sure you will identify with;

"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form'.

Marx, Letter from the Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher to Ruge (1843

"Communism is the riddle of history solved, and it knows itself to be this solution".

Marx, Private Property and Communism (1844)

'Society does not consist of individuals, but expresses the sum of interrelations, the relations within which these individuals stand".

Marx, The Grundrisse (1857)

There-ya-go. I noticed that 'Obama, the Honest", signed that so-called Stimulus Bill, today, with enough, :spend: "Pork Spending" :spend:i n it (8,570 ear marks), :spend: to have a BBQ, for the entire, "South". Well, , so what, Obama, is Obama, is Obama, and nothing else matters, Not even Integrity. :devil2:

WOW, That's Deep. Here are some other Quotes, that I am sure you will identify with;

"Communism is the riddle of history solved, and it knows itself to be this solution".

'Society does not consist of individuals, but expresses the sum of interrelations, the relations within which these individuals stand".

There-ya-go. I noticed that 'Obama, the Honest", signed that so-called Stimulus Bill, today, with enough, :spend: "Pork Spending" :spend:i n it (8,570 ear marks), :spend: to have a BBQ, for the entire, "South". Well, , so what, Obama, is Obama, is Obama, and nothing else matters, Not even Integrity. :devil2:

"YOUR USELESS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Which one of the Marx brothers said that? I dont find any humor in any of those quotes! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thinking it's about time to form a new Conservative Party in preparation for the 2012 election.

With the right people as the face and voice of the Party and Millions of volunteers it would surely be a close 3-party race!

Thinking it's about time to form a new Conservative Party in preparation for the 2012 election.

With the right people as the face and voice of the Party and Millions of volunteers it would surely be a close 3-party race!

I completely agree!!!

IN the meantime, check this out.....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...etta_stone.html

"YOUR USELESS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

They still haven't figured out why "the American people kicked the Republican's asses out office..."

The more they spin B.S., the more seats they will continue to lose.

I hope they keep it up... they haven't a clue what really went on with the Bush Administration.

Two months into Omama's administration, their already trying to blame him for for the fiasco he

inherited from the previous Administration.

The present Administration has taken more positive steps to address our Nation's problems in 50 days

than the previous Administration did in eight years.

It's so patronizing and transparent what their real agenda and position is, it's almost comical...

Talk about being obtuse!!!

R/ J

Inherited from the previous administration? How did Bush cause a global recession? Even in Russia. Look closer to home like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, both democrats and the changes they made to home loans.

Let me see, who de-regulated Wall St. in the mid 80's opening up the flood gates for corporate corruption, the outsourcing

of American jobs, stimulating Mexico's, India's and China's (under the auspices of Free Trade) economy at the expense of our own.

Free Trade would have been a good thing if the Republican Administrations hadn't looked the other way when it came

to enforcing Trade Tarriffs and Embargos.

By outsourcing to these countries, these countries exploited American companies technology and products by creating

one-off knock-offs that were much cheaper, because it allowed them to exploit slave labor... and no QA (lead in toys, etc...)

These countries in effect committed industrial espionage when American companies move onto their soil which is why

we are now seeing the residual domino effect in the form of massive layoffs.

"Those actions" are just now finally coming full circle as a result of Corporate America's and Wall St greed...

Read up on your history... de-regulation led to the re-emergence of the "Robber Barrons" and the mess we're in now.

DEJAVUE THAT!!!

R/ J

They still haven't figured out why "the American people kicked the Republican's asses out office..."

I hope they keep it up... they haven't a clue what really went on with the Bush Administration.

Two months into Omama's administration, their already trying to blame him for for the fiasco he

The present Administration has taken more positive steps to address our Nation's problems in 50 days

It's so patronizing and transparent what their real agenda and position is, it's almost comical...

R/ J

Finally.........Another Member here that gets it................. :happy feet:

"Read up on your history... de-regulation led to the re-emergence of the "Robber Barrons" and the mess we're in now."

Good suggestion. If one did "read" up on history, one would know who "de-regulated" with the repeal of Glass-Steagall.

"Read up on your history... de-regulation led to the re-emergence of the "Robber Barrons" and the mess we're in now."

Good suggestion. If one did "read" up on history, one would know who "de-regulated" with the repeal of Glass-Steagall.

Your right...

"The bill that ultimately repealed the Act was introduced in the Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the

House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa) in 1999.

The bills were passed by Republican majorities on party lines by a 54-44 vote in the Senate[12] and by a 343-86 vote

in the House of Representatives[13].

After passing both the Senate and House the bill was moved to a conference committee to work out the differences

between the Senate and House versions.

The final bipartisan bill resolving the differences was passed in the Senate 90-8 (1 not voting) and in the House: 362-57

(15 not voting). Having majorities large enough to override any possible Presidential veto, the legislation was signed

into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999. [14]"

However, de-regulation started way before that. Before de-regulation, many U.S. technologies were prohibited from

being exported overseas. That all changed in the 80's with the outsourcing to Mexico, e.g. NAFTA, etc...

R/ J

Veto proof was the reason?

WASHINGTON, Nov. 12 (Reuters) - President Clinton signed into law today a sweeping overhaul of Depression-era banking laws. The measure lifts barriers in the industry and allows banks, securities firms and insurance companies to merge and sell each other’s products.

“This legislation is truly historic,” President Clinton told a packed audience of lawmakers and top financial regulators. “We have done right by the American people.”

The bill repeals parts of the 1933 Glass-Steagall Act and the 1956 Bank Holding Company Act to level the domestic playing field for United States financial companies and allow them to compete better in the evolving global financial marketplace.

The Senate approved the final bill by 90 to 8. The House did the same by a vote of 362 to 57. With that many democrats on board, it probably was "veto proof" :)

Really? Mortgages were packaged and sold on wall street befor Bill Clinton signed that bill?

Never said that... I'll break it down for you...

What I did say... was that de-regulating Corporate America and Wall St (AIG, etc...) allowed for the packaging of them

in the form of derivates and Finanical giants such as Merrill Lynch who pumped and dumped them daily ( i.e. sell $10 billion

in the morning and buy $12 billion worth for the same price later on the same day before the market closes).

De-regulation played a large part in allowing "Credit Default Swaps" on sub-mortgages in place of insurance.

In the event a homeowner defaulted on their sub-prime mortgage, investors purchased "Credit Default Swaps" thinking

that they were insured when in fact they were not because the premiums were never set aside.

By using the term "Credit Default Swaps" instead of "Insurance", premiums paid by investors did not have to be set aside

in a seperate pot money in the event a mortgage was defaulted on. In essence, it was a double wammy to financial markets.

That is why the bottom fell out of financial markets... now that we've cleared that up, back to the Glass-Steagall Act...

"The argument against preserving the Act (as written in 1987):

1. Depository institutions will now operate in “deregulated” financial markets in which distinctions between loans, securities, and deposits are not well drawn. They are losing market shares to securities firms that are not so strictly regulated, and to foreign financial institutions operating without much restriction from the Act.

2. Conflicts of interest can be prevented by enforcing legislation against them, and by separating the lending and credit functions through forming distinctly separate subsidiaries of financial firms.

3. The securities activities that depository institutions are seeking are both low-risk by their very nature, and would reduce the total risk of organizations offering them – by diversification.

4. In much of the rest of the world, depository institutions operate simultaneously and successfully in both banking and securities markets. Lessons learned from their experience can be applied to our national financial structure and regulation.[7]"

IRT para (1), With the Republican-backed repealing of the Glass-Steagall Act in attempt to gain global market share, these assets (bonds) were sold to other financial institutions all around the world and THAT is the catalyst behind the global recession today on a international level.

THANX FOR HELPING SETT THE RECORD STRAIGHT!!!

R/ J

"That is why the bottom fell out of financial markets... now that we're cleared that up, back to the Glass-Steagall Act..."

"We" didn't clear anything up. For both sides who bash the other side, I enjoy reading the tripe. As a libertarian, I am neither side.

That said, you can post about trade, exportting jobs and all manner of stuff. When you are exausted, it will not change the liberal silliness that brought us here. Regardless of party affiliation. :)

By the way.

"Never said that... "

Probably wise on your part. That said, there is a whole lot of stuff you didn't say. But I'm bored so I'll let you rant on and possibly come back later and help you with other stuff you won't say. Then again... possibly not. :)

"That is why the bottom fell out of financial markets... now that we're cleared that up, back to the Glass-Steagall Act..."

"We" didn't clear anything up. For both sides who bash the other side, I enjoy reading the tripe. As a libertarian, I am neither side.

That said, you can post about trade, exportting jobs and all manner of stuff. When you are exausted, it will not change the liberal silliness that brought us here. Regardless of party affiliation. :)

How quaint... did I strike a nerve?

Liberal silliness???

NO ONE can change the "Truth"... it is what it is!!!

R/ J

R/ J

Good God man, you sound like Keith Oberman! You really ought to watch something other that MSNBC.

The reason “the American people kicked the Republican’s asses out office…” is because politics got in the way and too many of them became less than conservatives and tried to “appeal” to everyone. Conservative principals are the fabric of our nation.

I wouldn’t get too comfortable with a liberal majority as non-liberals far out-number liberals in this country and I’m going to make a prediction here, one that was learned the hard way by the Dems during the Clinton reign when they tried to take our guns; and that is: When conservatives/independents finally have enough of this liberal crap (and it’s becoming more and more apparent everyday that this is the case) they will vote.

DDT, it is becoming apparent to me that you are just a crowd heckler (3200 posts aren’t enough?). How can you possibly speak of your love for Reagan AND Obama in the same breath? They are OPPOSITES! You say you are a registered Republican but you speak liberalese can you please clarify your loyalties? Is it just a southern California thing or what?

Good God man, you sound like Keith Oberman! You really ought to watch something other that MSNBC.

The reason “the American people kicked the Republican’s asses out office…” is because politics got in the way and too many of them became less than conservatives and tried to “appeal” to everyone. Conservative principals are the fabric of our nation.

I wouldn’t get too comfortable with a liberal majority as non-liberals far out-number liberals in this country and I’m going to make a prediction here, one that was learned the hard way by the Dems during the Clinton reign when they tried to take our guns; and that is: When conservatives/independents finally have enough of this liberal crap (and it’s becoming more and more apparent everyday that this is the case) they will vote.

DDT, it is becoming apparent to me that you are just a crowd heckler (3200 posts aren’t enough?). How can you possibly speak of your love for Reagan AND Obama in the same breath? They are OPPOSITES! You say you are a registered Republican but you speak liberalese can you please clarify your loyalties? Is it just a southern California thing or what?

I've never watched MSNBC... I'm not liberal or conservative.

Yes I voted for Barrack, but I also voted for Arnold because they both made sense.

When it comes to opposites, Conservatism and De-regulation could not be further apart as they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Regulating Corporate America and Wall St. is being conservative as it provides oversight of Fat Cats and prevents corruption.

I'm truly amazed how Republicans associate de-regulation as being conservative... THINK ABOUT IT!!!

I've never watched MSNBC... I'm not liberal or conservative.

Yes I voted for Barrack, but I also voted for Arnold because they both made sense.

When it comes to opposites, Conservatism and De-regulation could not be further apart as they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Regulating Corporate America and Wall St. is being conservative as it provides oversight of Fat Cats and prevents corruption.

Fat Cats on Wall St , Corporate America (lobbyist) and the Politictions that climbed in bed with them when they showed up

on K Street with mattress of money are the ones who sold out this Nation by outsourcing, exploiting labor, and not paying taxes.

How do you equate that with being conservative?

I'm truly amazed how Republicans associate de-regulation as being conservative... THINK ABOUT IT!!!

And it was Klinton that signed NAFTA.

There may be more conservatives than liberals but just wait. I will bet that obama will make a move to legalize the 13 million illegal immigrants in this country so they can not only receive health care insurance but also vote. If you add 13 million more democrats the country is gone.

Hopefully TX will start the secession movement. TX has a lot of wide open spaces but think how many people would be moving to TX! Put the National Guard on the border and deport the illegals in TX creating jobs for Texans.

Archived