TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender stripes

Seahorse

My turn for a silly question :happy feet: ...but what are fender stripes supposed to signify?! I tried a search and found lots of pics of 'em, but nothing as to why people put them on in the first place; are they a historical thing? Meant to show a certain level of power upgrate? What? :headscratch:

Back in the good ole' days, racers put stripes on their fenders so their team could more easily identify them from long distance. Every racing team had their own stripe pattern/color combo.

And now - we put them on cause it's cool - and we get little stickers from the track events that we participate in. The stickers can go on the stripes.

Ah! OK, thanks...enquiring minds needed to know *L*! :confused:

Doesn't this look cool?

002-8.jpg

yea that is cool first rag top I have seen with the stripes other than mine. is that a 4 point roll bar in the back seat just in front of the lite bar??

yea that is cool first rag top I have seen with the stripes other than mine. is that a 4 point roll bar in the back seat just in front of the lite bar??

It's a 6-point. I put it in for track use only. Here's the slideshow of my car and a couple others.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/j...mview=slideshow

Archived