TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baby Shelby II

ChipBeck

Gentlemen,

Some of our members seem to be upset about the term "Baby Shelby". As regards the Shelby GT/SC I think an owners decal with the name "Baby" on it might be appropriate. During my decade and a half as an air show performer, many times at military bases across the country, I traded and collected patches and squadron insignias from several different military units. The "Baby Shelby" conversation reminds me of one in particular I was given by an F-14 Navy pilot over 10 years ago. My 500 plus horsepower supercharged Shelby GT has yet to meet it's match on the street. Exotic automobiles costing double and triple what I paid for this Shelby as well as its GT500 brethren have been humbled by my Baby Shelby. Perhaps this patch should become the new insignia and slogan for the Shelby GT/SC. What do you think?

Chip

post-12804-1236015605_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1236015605_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen,

Some of our members seem to be upset about the term "Baby Shelby". As Regards the Shelby GT/SC I think an owners decal with the name "Baby" on it might be appropriate. During my decade and a half as an air show performer, many times at military bases across the country, I traded and collected patches and squadron insignias from several different military units. The "Baby Shelby" conversation reminds me of one in particular I was given by an F-14 Navy pilot over 10 years ago. My 500 plus horsepower supercharged Shelby GT has yet to meet it's match on the street. Exotic automobiles costing double and triple what I paid for this Shelby as well as its GT500 brethren have been humbled by my Baby Shelby. Perhaps this patch should become the new insignia and slogan for the Shelby GT/SC. What do you think?

Chip

Anytime_Baby.jpg

Well... Maybe if the GT/SC is a sleeper with no stripe. I always thought the "baby" was a "stock" SGT.

I like it for my "stock" baby!

Chip,

Your combination of wisdom, diplomacy, and mastery of automotive prose are not common today. I always enjoy reading your posts and look forward to your observations in the same manners as purposefully turning to Peter Egan's "Side Glances" article in my monthly Road and Track issue...

I may SC my stock baby Shelby someday, but right now I don't feel the need to justify it's worth to others, I just enjoy it for myself...

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. - See the March, 2009 issue for an excellent example of Mr. Egan's observations on cars with the ability to transcend class and are universally appealing that hit him while riding in a Shelby Terlingua Mustang.

......in the same manners as purposefully turning to Peter Egan's "Side Glances" article in my monthly Road and Track issue......

Matt,

I idolize Peter Egan. One of only a few writers who make me laugh out loud with his self depreciating humor and keen insight into things both human and mechanical. If you don't quite get enough of him in Road and Track magazine he is also a monthly contributor to Cycle World magazine where he is both a feature writer as well as having his own monthly column "Leanings". Even if I didn't ride motorcycles I would continue to subscribe to Cycle World to read Egan's column. Peter is an accomplished pilot, an expert motorcyclist both in the dirt and on the street, an outstanding driver, and a successful and accomplished journalist. I am disappointed however, as you are a fan of both Carroll Shelby and Peter Egan, that you live clear on the other side of the country. A few cold beers and some good conversation is a logistical difficulty here. Perhaps at the next Shelby gathering. Cheers.

Chip

Excellent idea, Chip!

This could be our own squadron insignia! (Of course, we'll have to create individual "nose art" and paint "kill" marks for every wannabe we blew off the road!)

I've got mine already:

bugsnoseartsmall.jpg

Sam

AKA:

Chip,

Your combination of wisdom, diplomacy, and mastery of automotive prose are not common today. I always enjoy reading your posts and look forward to your observations in the same manners as purposefully turning to Peter Egan's "Side Glances" article in my monthly Road and Track issue...

I may SC my stock baby Shelby someday, but right now I don't feel the need to justify it's worth to others, I just enjoy it for myself...

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. - See the March, 2009 issue for an excellent example of Mr. Egan's observations on cars with the ability to transcend class and are universally appealing that hit him while riding in a Shelby Terlingua Mustang.

So, I'm not the only one who opens up the magazine and reads Peter Egan's pages first!

Archived