My '07 GT on Vortech's Website

Five Oh B

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian - Very cool! I like how you posted the vid, too! Congrats! :rockon:

You been doin' okay, brother? :lurk:

Thanks, Ruf, I was quite surprised that Vortech included so much of what I sent them. I honestly didn't think they'd post my car since it is so tame versus so many others they see.

Things are good here, my friend. Been super busy and not alway able to post in the forums. How about you? Wish we could get you out to Grabber's house on May 30th. I'll be there.

Congratulations Brian,

How have you been weathering the slump in car sales? I sure miss your contributions to the site.

I've been posting more in the GT500 threads here when I do post, so I'm around a bit. I'm glad I'm not a car salesman, our guys are struggling to pay their bills. My job within the dealership is busy, especially since I had to lay off my whole department. Now my department is just me, but it looks like I'll get approval to start hiring again in the next few months as business regains traction.

Nice job Brian .I see you still have your house trailer.

We'll likely sell the travel trailer this spring. As much as we like camping, we weren't getting out often enough. Plus, I have teenage daughters, so they aren't as excited about camping anymore. More importantly, camping season was interfering with drag racing season! I've got priorities, and camping is lower than racing in my world. Lastly, we sold our tow rig already, so now the travel trailer is trapped in our driveway until we sell it. Maybe I could have a class IV hitch receiver installed on the Mustang? It makes way more power than our tow rig did! :lol:

Well, John just emailed me and said he'd post my pics. That was fast -

Brian - look what's in my dining room!

There's parts everywhere! Did you run into another wall? Oh wait, that isn't carnage - that's new stuff for your GT - my bad!

Well, John just emailed me and said he'd post my pics. That was fast -

Brian - look what's in my dining room!

So, John at Vortech is gonna post your pics just in time for you to replace the Vortech blower with a GT500 takeoff blower????? I don't think John will like that. How on earth are you gonna mate that GT500 huffer onto your 4.6L???

Those are take off parts from Markum's SS conversion out here at TASCA Ford! He asked me to sell them for him - he's a busy guy! Brakes are already sold! Want a hood? :lurk:

The wheels and tires are tempting, but I'll have to pass on the GT500 take offs. Cool stuff, though, for the right person!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my GT. Went back to the dyno shop today (same shop, same dyno, same operator, etc.) to see how the new spark plugs (colder/copper) and oil seperator affected the car's tuning. Ended up putting down 364 rwhp (an increase of 13 rwhp), which assuming a 20% drivetrain loss for the automatic transmission (and a Mustang dyno, FYI), equates to about 455 flywheel hp.

We tried pushing more timing, but are maxxed out at 14 degrees as anything higher led to detenation and lots of timing getting pulled by the computer (non-intercooled blower!). But, the car loved the revs and was still building lots of power all the way to redline. In fact, with 16 degrees of timing, the car was making about 15 more rwhp than with 14 degrees right before the detonation forced us to abort that particular run well before redline. The dyno operator figures that a good intercooler would allow another 5-6 degrees of timing and would be worth another 50-60 rwhp based on what he saw today. Time to start saving up for that intercooler.

I decided to put on the Shelby rims. I've had positive feedback on them.

Your driving ability would compensate for the hp! :shift:

What driving ability? I just put it in "drive" and floor it. The computer does all the work. :shift:

• 4 weeks later...
Congrats! Job well done

Thank you. Time for some exhaust, and intercooler, and smaller pulley so I can close the gap some between our cars! Nice times from your GT automatic, my friend!!! Gives me something to shoot for.

Thank you. Time for some exhaust, and intercooler, and smaller pulley so I can close the gap some between our cars! Nice times from your GT automatic, my friend!!! Gives me something to shoot for.

You'll get there! I tried to keep it simple so others could do exactly what I did and no more and still rip 10's all day long. You're on your way!

Just an update. After 51 weeks with the blower on the car, the SQ (super quiet) feature of my V2 S-trim is no longer there. For some reason, the blower got noticably louder last Friday without explanation. I've been frantically comparing videos sent to me from other GT owners who have V2 & V3 blowers, and it may very well be normal now that I have a few thousand miles on the blower finally (break in period???). Here's a vid I shot this morning (in the rain) that illustrates how loud the blower whines now....

th_V2Noise1.jpg

Archived