TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to remove a turn signal

bamaster

I need to remove my front blinkers. I thought it was an easy thing to do. But alas, I am clueless. It appears I need to remove my bumper but I can't be for certain.

So what's the secret? Is it done from under the car? (I haven't raised the car yet). Or do I have to remove the front bumper?

Thanks in advance!

I need to remove my front blinkers. I thought it was an easy thing to do. But alas, I am clueless. It appears I need to remove my bumper but I can't be for certain.

So what's the secret? Is it done from under the car? (I haven't raised the car yet). Or do I have to remove the front bumper?

Thanks in advance!

Just reach your hand underneath behind the lens and you can feel the socket. Twist it counterclockwise and pull out the bulb.

Just reach your hand underneath behind the lens and you can feel the socket. Twist it counterclockwise and pull out the bulb.

Actually, I need to remove the whole turn signal assembly. There's condensation in them. Must have a bad seal.

My car is a supercharged GT, but it has the GT500 front end conversion. So the mod shop probably didn't weather seal it very well.

I popped the hood, but I didn't see a way to remove it from the top.

Actually, I need to remove the whole turn signal assembly. There's condensation in them. Must have a bad seal.

My car is a supercharged GT, but it has the GT500 front end conversion. So the mod shop probably didn't weather seal it very well.

I popped the hood, but I didn't see a way to remove it from the top.

When I changed my lens, I had to get it out through the wheel well.

If you need to remove the whole assembly, you will need to go in thru the inner wheel well.

Remove the tire, then remove the front half of the wheel well. (the wheel well is split into 2 parts).

There's a couple screws and a couple lock pins you need to pull out. Very simple.

The turn signal assembly is just clipped in. 2 clips. The inboard part of the signal slides into slots. No screws or nuts. You may have to play with the clips to get them to release. I don't remember that part exactly.

Hope this helps.

If you need to remove the whole assembly, you will need to go in thru the inner wheel well.

Remove the tire, then remove the front half of the wheel well. (the wheel well is split into 2 parts).

There's a couple screws and a couple lock pins you need to pull out. Very simple.

The turn signal assembly is just clipped in. 2 clips. The inboard part of the signal slides into slots. No screws or nuts. You may have to play with the clips to get them to release. I don't remember that part exactly.

Hope this helps.

For what it's worth, I was able to remove mine without having to remove the tires.

For what it's worth, I was able to remove mine without having to remove the tires.

So you just turned your wheels? You have 20's?

Hope this helps.

Exactly what I needed to know. I'm waiting to grow out my mustache and sideburns before I do this dirty work. I want to look the part before I get my nails dirty. It ain't easy be beautiful!

Archived