TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for opinions regarding a 2009 Shelby GT500

BSM

I looked at various dealers here in Ontario and this deal stuck out, there offering me a brand new GT500; White with blue stripes, nav and HIDs for 10k of sticker. Is this a good deal?

I looked at various dealers here in Ontario and this deal stuck out, there offering me a brand new GT500; White with blue stripes, nav and HIDs for 10k of sticker. Is this a good deal?

is it 10k over sticker? if so, not a good deal. if its 10k off sticker i don't see why that would not be a really good deal.

post-20427-1235920874_thumb.jpg

post-20427-1235920874_thumb.jpg

I only got about $3500 off sticker on my 09 in November. I thought that was a great deal back then!! I am happy with price, but I would be alot happier with $10k off. The car is awesome and worth whatever price YOU ARE WILLING to pay. If you think $10k off is not a good deal, then don't buy it. I am sure somebody else will, just tell them where to get it.... Not flaming you, just can't understand why people can't decide for themselves what a good deal is. How much more off does it need to be to make it a good deal for you, that you don't have to ask someone else if it's a good deal!!!

BUY the car, you will love it and won't regret it. I don't regret mine!!

Sounds like a great deal.

Let me give you my 2 cents as long as your asking for advice.

Do not buy a 2009 that was build prior to 8/19/08 unless you want to deal with the clutch drag TSB and tranny syncro rebuild.

Here's why:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=559998

So what are we talkin for sticker snf what is the price he is offering to you in Canadian dollars, all in, including all the GST and what not.

QSS

Sounds like a great deal to me! 20k less than my deal. :cry:

My opinion may be subjective, considering I paid 10k over when I ordered my 2007 on 01 DEC 2006.

At that time most dealers around me were asking for 20k over, so 10k seemed reasonable. Who knew? :shrug:

So what are we talkin for sticker snf what is the price he is offering to you in Canadian dollars, all in, including all the GST and what not.

QSS

That my friend is a good deal for you. I have been watching prices for at least two years and I am an expert by now. I too was looking last year an bought a 2008 in February out of Texas of all places. This wouldn't be a big deal but I live 1 hour north of Calgary, Alberta. In the end I paid $46,800 plus shipping plus GST at the border. At the time the US dollar was worth slightly less than the Canadian dollar so it worked out well. Anyway, by the time I got her home, my total cost was $46,700 for the car, $2,335 for GST, $2,200 for shipping for an all in cost of $51,200.

You can, right now, get a 2008 GT500 out of Gotham Ford in the US for $39,995 USD. Only problem is with the exchange your at $51,000 Canadian + $2550 for GST and probably $1,000 for shipping to you. Your looking at $54,550 for a great deal out of the States.

In the end, you have a good deal right at home in Toronto. GO FOR IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT and your helping the economy to boot.

QSS

Archived