TEAM SHELBY FORUM

People are strange. . . .

Man that video is hilarious! I showed my gearhead coworkers we were laughing hysterically!!!! :hysterical2:

But that Talon was pretty quick, took the Vette from the launch for a while :doh:

(Note to self: buy Mickey Thompson drag radials soon...)

The Talon has all wheel drive, so it launches pretty quick. The Vette was a Lingenfelter, pretty awesome cars-

http://www.lingenfelter.com/

This kind of crap is universal. It all boils down to 3 words.....poor (insert gender here) trash :fool: All these dip $h!t$ are the same....they will forever be driving broken down $hitbox Firechickens, ratty rustangs, crappy ass Camaros, or what ever flavor "SS" is their particular favorite :chairshot: This includes all types of rice, both domestic & imported... :barf: They will forever be telling over inflated stories about the car their uncle's brother had that had a "big block sumpinruther" in it with the infamous "Munci rock crusher 4 spd" and how "he took me for a ride and put a $100.00 bill on the dash and I couldn't reach it from the seat because the car was soooooo fast"!!!!!! :reading::redcard:

We have all spent our fair share of time avoiding the local "bad a$$" with the 74 Camaro with a 350CID (or a :hysterical3: 305 for the love of Pete!) with "202 valve job" & a "3/4 inch cam" :headscratch: backed by the infamous turbo 350 auto, and all topped off with the vacuum secondary Quadra Jet and running super steep 308s out back..... <_< :do what:

Of course this super car is not complete without the tri color paint scheme, with the flat and gloss calico paint highlights... :club:

At least it was fun back then, now days its just some jack ass kid with an UGLY, obnoxious sounding fart can spewing VTEC powered porta potty looking Honey Bucket... :bike: driving like a complete a$$ hat!

These guys have been telling lies long before running you down, and will long after he forgets about stomping you in the dirt, I just give them a quick thanks and a friendly wave and keep on looking for worthy opponents‘, like other reptiles, and those filthy ol Bowties.... :poke::peelout:

HAHAHAHAHA thats awesome cuz thats teh small town im from here in NY. They got cars and guys like that everywhere. Sick part is im the young kid with hte hot car. The other thing u get with this crowd is they ask how much u got and u say enough. They always "have more" at least till u line them up. I like hunting bow ties. Specially here. U know u got the baddest car in an area when u get people who get out of cars at lights to clcick pics or go around a long corner twice to see it again. I hate the is it a real gt500 questions. Those annoy me. I tell them to line it up. They no longer think differently afterwards. Heres one about the cocky mentality of bow tie owners though. heres a shop up here closer to a very big city. I went up tehre to check them out as i figured if i was gonna have it tuned i wanted to see the shop first. We also had a report of some hicks round here in a shop that took some guys vette out for a joy ride one night while he had it in their shop and wrapped it around a tree. So i check this guy out and hes definitly legit. Got a Z on the lift and a viper TT on the dyno when i walk in. Only a GM/dodge guy though. He just started stangs. So i tell him what im lookin to do and why i am checkin him out without the car with me and he says to me well sorry but if i wanna joy ride i dont need your little shelby ill take out my 850 rwhp TT Z06. I was like wow thats good to know. I wanted to slap him i realy did. But i walked out and probably wont ever go back. Its like dude i dont give a squirt of piss u got 850. Lots of guys do when they go TT. I just dont want your scrubby GM hands and feet wreckin my shelby. I guess he had to whip it out and compinsate.....wierd.

i was diving down the interstate when a mercedes pulled up to me and started to pull away and slow down after about two time i had enough so i gas it a little just to play with him so i slow down to about 55 and he flew by me a couple of miles down the road he pulled up to me agin thats it if he want a race lets go now dont see to many mercedes are here so i thought no problem so from about 55 we go he pulled ahead of me like now i couldnt belive it i cought him and pulled up beside him at 130 mph and thats fast enough for me he kept going my find that was with me got the number of the car it was a sl 65 amg if my gt500 was stock there is no way thanks evo

I don't have any of those problems. Know why? NO STRIPES, LOL!!!! I'm in stealth mode.

You have to admit that stripes give the car even more of a "look at me" factor.

I rarely get noticed by anyone, and I like it that way.

LOL...thats the way mine is too. No stripes, my wife calls it a Decepticon, since if you really don't know what it is you have no idea that it is a smasher...

I think this sort of thing is happening more often, and here's my conspiracy theory:

It's the economy.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/03/04/cheap.new.chic/

Backup evidence: Stalwart's incident happened 15 years ago, also around a recession!

We have a super sweet, fun, fast car that we get to drive and enjoy when a lot of people are not doing well. Maybe they rev you to feel better about themselves. Maybe they do want to tell that "I smoked that rich guy" story (not that you are one/I am one :-) Maybe they are jealous. Maybe they are inventing shortcomings about your anatomy too, to feel like they have one over on you. Who knows?

I am half-joking, but you get the point. Everyone wants to feel special. You generally get one of two reactions from people when you have something more special than they do. Some flavor of "Wow that is awesome, you rock" or "You think you're so special, you're no more special than I am"

-TC

Oh and Red Snake, don't worry, that's Catherine, she's harmless lol

U could be right about that. Today i took mine out of storage and brought it home to start work on the new axles. I had a guy fly up in a little beater just to stare and give me a thumbs up. If he had had like a ricer or seomthin i could see him steppin n it and flyin by and then tellin his friends about how he beat the shelby. I am not a rich man. In fact is any body hiring cuz i might lose the car if i dont get a job by april. LOL. Life isnt too cool right now but im positive ill come out of it before i need to give up my baby. 5 months is just a long time to not work. SOOOOOO i dont care who goes fat around me much anymore. Ill rev back to give them a thrill but i have learned that no one can admire a gt500 while they r doin 60 and im doin 150. So its the limit for me so they can stop and stare. Not for my benefit, but for the love of beautiful cars.

I was at a red light and had some kids in a saturn next to me reving their engine . I just smiled and reved my beast up a few times. Another time I had a guy and his 2 year old son with him pull up next to me and he says rev it up for my son, he loves cars (I was thinking, yeah right, lol). So I cheerfully obliged and his son's eyes got real big and father got a big grin on his face. Got to love these machines :happy feet:

When i toook mine out of storage i took it over to fill up first. A guy came over a peered into the car and saw CS's signature on it. He went back to his car and grabbed his son and brought him over to look at it. I was watchin from inside the store. When I came out he was like man thats the best lookin thing ive seen round these parts. And u gt it signed!? Thats special. I was like man thanks so much. I thought it was great he went and got his kid out the car just to see it.

Archived