TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Griggs Racing on-track demo

kahmann

Griggs' just sent out this email this morning with the raincheck details for the on-track demo.

Anyone else planning on going?

Ken

"RAIN CHECK!!!

On Track Demonstration of GR40 Automobiles

To Be Held March 21, 2009 @ Infineon

No Charge to Existing and Prospective GR40 Customers.

Since the rainstorm on Valentine’s Day massacred our attempt at demonstrating our product, the Griggs Team will make another attempt to display the performance capabilities of street driven GR40 Series Mustangs at Infineon Raceway, Saturday, March 21*. Again, if you are at all serious about purchasing a GR40 Series Mustang, or if you have any interest in upgrading your Mustang GT, Roush, Saleen, Cobra, or Shelby to achieve unparalleled world conquering performance, come learn what the new GR40 experience is all about. We reiterate that one demo ride is proof of our superiority and an experience you will never forget!

*And possibly Friday March 20th, or Sunday March 22th by special arrangement.

Contact us no later than Wednesday March 18th to set up an appointment for your personal on-track demonstration. Respond to leah@grigg ing.com. Licensed experienced racers or top level open trackers desiring a driver’s seat demonstration; please contact us before March 10th so that special arrangements can be made.

For those that would just like to experience the thrill of riding along with Bruce Griggs, John Griggs, Guy Cunningham, or Colin Sebern at speed in a GR40T series Mustang on one of the most challenging race courses in the world, thrill rides for $40.00 per flying lap will also be available.

Due to scheduling pressures, you must make an appointment for either a fun ride or a demonstration. If you do not make an appointment, we cannot guarantee your ride. For thrill rides, a non-refundable deposit of $40.00 will be charged when you make your appointment. $40.00 pays for one flying lap. There is no cost for the out lap, the in lap, or yellow flag laps. After each flying lap, you will be asked if you want another lap. If you respond in the affirmative, another flying lap will be run and you will be charged an additional $40.00 for each such lap. You will be required to wear long sleeves and no shorts or dresses. Helmets will be provided if you don’t have one. You will be required to sign a release of liability. $10.00 per person will be charged at the gate for admission to the facility.

Are you interested in a personal demonstration at another track, such as Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, or Fontana? Please respond so that we can include you in future GR40 demonstrations. If you live outside California, contact us and we may be able to arrange a demonstration through a third party in your area.

Feeling is Believing

Bruce Griggs

bg@grigg ing.com"

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my confirmation from Leah at Griggs.. I'm praying for NO RAIN! :shift:

"Ken,

Please review the attached Confirmation for the 3.21.09 Demo. Your scheduled time is 1:15 PM, and you will be riding in the GR40st with Colin Sebern. This ride is complimentary, however you will need to pay $10.00 at the gate to Infineon Raceway.

Thank you"

Just got my confirmation from Leah at Griggs.. I'm praying for NO RAIN! :shift:

"Ken,

Please review the attached Confirmation for the 3.21.09 Demo. Your scheduled time is 1:15 PM, and you will be riding in the GR40st with Colin Sebern. This ride is complimentary, however you will need to pay $10.00 at the gate to Infineon Raceway.

Thank you"

Have fun. I can't make it. Family friend wedding to attend. Let me know how you like the ride.

Andy

Have fun. I can't make it. Family friend wedding to attend. Let me know how you like the ride.

Andy

Yeah Andy, I definitely will.. I'll take some pics too. I've never been on Infineon.. I've only watched races there. It looks like a bear of a track!

Ken

My buddies and I just got back from Infineon Raceway in Sonoma for the Griggs demo. We each got a few laps in Colin's GR40ST, which was unreal! The car handled better than anything else on the track (it was an open track day, so there were tons of other cars out there with us).

My favorite moment was when Colin split the seam between a supercharged Mustang GT and an 09 BMW M3! His car couldn't be stopped by anything. It felt like I was in a video game, sitting in the passenger seat. :shift:

I got a TON of photos, but I'll try to pick out my favorite shots. Thanks again to Colin and Griggs for another awesome day!

Ken

DSC04174.jpg

DSC04178.jpg

DSC04180.jpg

DSC04186.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04248.jpg

DSC04258.jpg

Archived