TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ColdwaterHotrod is a Proud Papa of a New Shelby GT500!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSDS temp. relief does not last very long. Since you will not be needing to drive you car in the morning due to the rain, could I use it. I am use to the rain here in the NW :baby:

Hold the weather! :hyper: I just checked & it looks like the rain will be holding off until late afternoon.... :happy feet: I my still have a shot at a 3rd straight day of :shift: & :car:

Oh yeah... almost forgot to say settle down Rob or I may have to :chairshot:

Hey CWHR,

How is the quality of the stripes? On my bro's red with white stripes the overlap is very obvious up close, but not a problem at more than 10 feet. I picked his up while he was on vacation and drove it a little for him he was really cool about it, but he should have been I found the car and put him in line before me.

Your colors are the same as mine will be.

I have been waiting since order date of 5/15 and the dealer is estimating a delivery in late January based on his converstaions with the regional manager. Congrats on the delivery. :shift: I just hope the color combo is more impressive in real life just like the red/white.

KP

OK folks.... here's what you have been asking for. The 1st 5 shots are from my dazed & confused moments & after that I start to go into a deep Trance or hypnotic state. I will post more & better Shots hopefully this weekend on the Arrivals thread so keep a look out over their also

Congrats. ColdWater!!! She's a beaut! :happy feet: :headspin: :hyper:

Hey CWHR,

How is the quality of the stripes? On my bro's red with white stripes the overlap is very obvious up close, but not a problem at more than 10 feet. I picked his up while he was on vacation and drove it a little for him he was really cool about it, but he should have been I found the car and put him in line before me.

Your colors are the same as mine will be.

I have been waiting since order date of 5/15 and the dealer is estimating a delivery in late January based on his converstaions with the regional manager. Congrats on the delivery. :shift: I just hope the color combo is more impressive in real life just like the red/white.

KP

I had only 2 areas of concern. The main one being on the rear of the car. The over lap was 1" to 1 1/2" & I pointed that out & I'm still waiting for an answer as to if it will be redone. The other was a Tiny nick on the leading edge of the hood above the front bumper & I'm waiting for an answer on that also. Like you said if you stand back 5 to 10 feet you can't see it & I don't want to piss them off anymore then I have because I got it for MSRP. It might not 100% perfect but I can settle for 99.98%. I will post close up photos hopefully over the weekend so you can see what I'm talking about.

CW, I showed my wife your car last night, and now she is telling me that I should think about changing my color. You have a sweet looking ride.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I have additional photos from the Detroit Auto show I could post or email them to you later if you like? It’s the same color, Performance White Clearcoat with Vista Blue Stripes.

Everyday before I ordered it I was changing my mind. I went to area Ford dealers all around looking for base colors to help me choose on actual mustangs. The bottom line is I had (3) favorite color combos & until I sat down to order it, I didn't even know for sure. I just remembered falling in love with the Red, White & Blue look while looking at the rear of the car & saying to myself..... That's It! The American colors on a American Car! Plus when I pass everyone they will know what they were passed bye.

Now throw in the black accents of the grille, side mirrors, hood heat extractors, mini mud flaps, the lower rocker panels, front air-splitter, the rear air diffuser; and that sets off or shows off almost every single detail of the car & to me that says it's definitely a Shelby

I drove four hours to see the white w/blue stripes at the st. louis car show. After seeing it up close, and taking about a zillion photos, I could never see myself ending up with any other combination. If anyone ever wants some photos of that combo, I might have a couple :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

favorite car show photos, teenager with camcorder in back of one is my then 16 yr old son, he has always been real supportive of my efforts to get a shelby, think maybe he wants to drive it to school once or twice?? :doh:

sorry for the large size of these

CIMG0045.JPG

CIMG0065.JPG

CIMG0045.JPG

CIMG0065.JPG

Thanks Rob. I have additional photos from the Detroit Auto show I could post or email them to you later if you like? It’s the same color, Performance White Clearcoat with Vista Blue Stripes.

Everyday before I ordered it I was changing my mind. I went to area Ford dealers all around looking for base colors to help me choose on actual mustangs. The bottom line is I had (3) favorite color combos & until I sat down to order it, I didn't even know for sure. I just remembered falling in love with the Red, White & Blue look while looking at the rear of the car & saying to myself..... That's It! The American colors on a American Car! Plus when I pass everyone they will know what they were passed bye.

Now throw in the black accents of the grille, side mirrors, hood heat extractors, mini mud flaps, the lower rocker panels, front air-splitter, the rear air diffuser; and that sets off or shows off almost every single detail of the car & to me that says it's definitely a Shelby

CW - I will need the photos. PM sent.

I was the same way. I originaly ordered alloy with silver stripes but changed the order after seeing photos of the white with blue stripes Now that I have the white w/blue in the garage, I can't imagine having any other color. Your right, everyone that comes near the car imediately recognizes it as a Shelby. I love all the other colors, except maybe the orange, but i beleive the white w/blue is THE color. :yup:

Coldwater, my heartfelt congratulations to you, my friend. That's a beautiful ride! Always loved the "classic" color combo... :wub:

Now, you take care and learn the limits, okay? Best of luck, man! :hyper: :headspin::lurk::shift:

Thanks again all, I'm LOVING IT TOO.... Right now I'm watching "Gone in 60 seconds" as I type & during a commercial break I ran out to the garage & said it will be ok unicorn, your home now. :hysterical:

God how I love that movie & that car...well my car....you get the point! :shift:

Ruf, you need to re-apply & check out Western Michigan University, Hillsdale College or Tri State University, they might be hiring

Just finished watching Nicolas Cage destroy a perfectly good Mustang.

Thanks, man, but I'm afraid since my recently-adopted daughter is in her second year of high school, I'm stayin' put!

Plus - I've got to admit - I've grown to like the lack of snow!

But it feels good to know you'd like me up in your 'hood!

Just finished watching Nicolas Cage destroy a perfectly good Mustang.

Thanks, man, but I'm afraid since my recently-adopted daughter is in her second year of high school, I'm stayin' put!

Plus - I've got to admit - I've grown to like the lack of snow!

But it feels good to know you'd like me up in your 'hood!

The Mid West Loves everyone, but not everyone loves the Mid West. :drop: I forgot to mention that in Kalamazoo, MI. if you live in the city limits they have a fund that says your kid can goto any MIchigan College for free...YES,I SAID FREE! check it out, it could save you lots of money & you could teach in the Great Lakes State.

Personally I love all 4 seasons & the deeper the snow the better, unless I'm waiting for my Shelby.... Thanks goodness it came in between snow storms, being White in color they may have never found it in the transit area for shipment during a heavy snow fall & then I would have had to wait until spring to find it. :hysterical:

wow, great car CW HR, you know, the love of a great car is unmatched! Congrats! enjoy the ride, and if you ever drive to vegas, come and see us :)

Amy

:drool: Thanks Amy that means a lot coming form you.

Hope you read some of my stories to capture my true sense of the feeling of what it means to me owning this car. I am on your list & Roush's list for info. Steve did call me & said he would be calling back in a 2-3 weeks with more info & pricing. Now on the other side of the street the Roush boys are haven't even bothered to call or send any info to me & that makes your customer service relations dept up one over them.

At the End of the 1st quarter it’s

Shelby Auto Inc. 1

Roush Performance 0

For what it is worth take as long as you want to price the options package and as long as the price keeps coming down the better the odds of me being able to afford both the package & the trucking cost to ship it there & back to have the modifications done. (here's a thought) Have you looked into any trucking companies (like the ones used at classic car auctions like BJ & Kruse International) for special pricing discounts for picking up customers cars in the same geographic locations that are interested to help the customer out on this area?

Thanks again for you kind comments & participation on this board; it is greatly appreciated by all.

Rodney

:drool: Thanks Amy that means a lot coming form you.

Hope you read some of my stories to capture my true sense of the feeling of what it means to me owning this car. I am on your list & Roush's list for info. Steve did call me & said he would be calling back in a 2-3 weeks with more info & pricing. Now on the other side of the street the Roush boys are haven't even bothered to call or send any info to me & that makes your customer service relations dept up one over them.

At the End of the 1st quarter it’s

Shelby Auto Inc. 1

Roush Performance 0

For what it is worth take as long as you want to price the options package and as long as the price keeps coming down the better the odds of me being able to afford both the package & the trucking cost to ship it there & back to have the modifications done. (here's a thought) Have you looked into any trucking companies (like the ones used at classic car auctions like BJ & Kruse International) for special pricing discounts for picking up customers cars in the same geographic locations that are interested to help the customer out on this area?

Thanks again for you kind comments & participation on this board; it is greatly appreciated by all.

Rodney

Hi Rodney, thanks so much for the nice post. We are very new at all this and I am trying to rebuild the business, make cars, make parts, etc. I have a great team, and they are truely the best. So I will do my best to get you pricing, continue the good service and maybe a discount ;)

Amy

Archived