TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ColdwaterHotrod is a Proud Papa of a New Shelby GT500!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:banana piano: ATTENTION STANGSUNLEASHED MEMBERS!

Please stand by for a few minutes for me to get a beer, catch my breath & write story :stats: ! :happy feet:

I still can’t believe it’s here & in my garage! :headspin: :hyper: :shift:

congrats CW,now its time to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the rest of you who are waiting all I can say is once you lay your eyes on it & start driving it all the pain & frustration melts away & any wrongs or delays are soon forgotten.

Now those are the words of a truley happy man. :D

Please stand by for a few minutes for me to get a beer, catch my breath & write story :stats: ! :happy feet:

Congrats Coldwater. I'm not far behind you.

hsurb

CW,

Congrat's . . . Now for some nice driving weather for while. Mine was built the day before yours and I'm hoping it arrives soon.

Have fun >>> :shift:

Wow, what a day and what a feeling! (And I’m not talking Toyota)

I spent another day taking care of the Mrs. before I have to go back to work tomorrow. The day started out like the last few by doing what I could to make her feel better before I headed out for my quick morning check at the dealership to see if my car had came in and like every other time I checked still no car. Finally around 11:00 am I went out to run some errands for the Mrs. and pick up some food at the grocery store for her, and some more magazines with Shelby GT500 articles for me, I made another pass by the dealership to see if their had been any new deliveries sitting around. Once again just like the last 50 times No new Shelby GT500, so I continued on home arriving around 12:45 pm.

As I’m sitting down watching my daily stocks & reading my new magazines, my cell phone starts ringing at 1:27 pm…. The Mrs. says whose calling? I said probably work & then I walked over and pulled it out of the case & said….OMG it’s the dealership calling! I answered with a Hello Jason; should I be sitting down for this? And then it was quite…… for about 3 seconds and he said It’s here! I could believe my ears. I said are you sure? It’s really here? I just went bye their and seen nothing, no semi-truck or anything. He said it’s coming off the truck as we speak & it’s being put in the customer service bay until you get here….bye the way how long might that be? At that point I said just as long as it takes for me to clear the streets of idiots that are in my way.

Needless to say when I arrived I could see her sitting in the customer service bay thru the window & then that feeling start to creep in…. OMG! It’s finally here; I can’t believe it’s finally here. At the point everything started to go into slow motion & all the things I remember you all saying about check this & check that started to fill my head. The pulse quickened & my heart started pumping harder & loader with each step as I got closer to the car. I was mesmerized & stunned at the same time. Conversations of people around me were tuned out. The salesperson greeted me just before I entered the service bay & said well? Is that it? I think so? It was still dirty form coming off the truck & they only removed the White Plastic sheet from the front & rear bumpers. I did a quick inspection & then hopped in to check the Odometer ….I turned on the Key and it SAID….9.6 Miles!

At that point I took some 35mm shots of it anyways & then headed off to do the paperwork. I got to watch all of the PDI & got a copy of it along with some other paperwork I found in the car which I tell you what it is later. I then got to drive the car with him to the gas station to get my free tank of premium fuel & then it went for its first washing.

All I can tell you so far that the I haven’t gotten over 40 mph yet because the roads were wet from rain & the city speed limit isn’t any higher than from their to my house so I wasn’t able to feel the true power yet. The super charger hasn’t come off zero yet but that will change tomorrow when I drive it to work & give her my 1st 140 mile round trip.

For the rest of you who are waiting all I can say is once you lay your eyes on it & start driving it all the pain & frustration melts away & any wrongs or delays are soon forgotten.

I’ll post more latter, but I have to go VOTE. Talk to you shortly.

VOTE??

Are you kidding?? you got a brand spankin new GT500 and you're gonna go vote??

That's like Billy the kid getting a new 6 shooter and saying I'm gonna go take a bath!!!

just kidding coldwater - enjoy and melt melt melt away in dreamland ..... forever and ever (at least until the mods come in and it's time to go to work putting them on!!!!!!!! :spiteful:

great news :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I imagine you will be more like floating into work on cloud nine, instead of actually driving :banana piano:

congrats on your good taste in colors by the way; oh did I mention mine to be the same :hysterical:

but I will be driving home with mine in the snow probably, good that you only had rain

happy shelby dreams

John

CWHR Mid afternoon report.

Well I did drive it to work today & the only problem I had was on I-94 in a construction zone.........Their was 2-lanes of back up traffic in front of me. And thats when others around me started noticing & pointing at the car while stopped. One guy even got his cell phone out & started taking photos of it. Finally traffic started moving & it got me the hell out of their before their was a riot :hysterical: .

NO really, it was a pain free uneventful drive in to work. The car has TONS of power just begging to be used. Once I arrived at work people started trickling into the office with comments of Who's Car is That! Needless to say I had to go out several times & show it the upper brass.

For those of you waiting for photos it's still going to be a little bit, I haven't even had the car for 24 hrs yet so give me more time. I think I'll spend the money to get the film processed tonight because it's cheaper than buying a New Digital camera that some of you want to get. I will put one on the christmas list, but after months of saving & money spent on this & that collectables, this is one time I have to draw the line & say....NO your going to have to wait a little longer.

Will post later with the evening review.....check back then

Thanx for the report out. Sounds like your having fun. I understand about the photo shoot delay issue. I hpe mama is doing better. What did she think of the car?

She loves the car & I think it's helping cure her already cause I'm not pulling my hair out & acting like a mad man anymore every time the dealer said "we don't know where it's at? :rant:

The only thing she was mad about was not being able to go with me to pick it up after hearing every day about this car for almost 2 years, but said when I got back my grin was bigger than ever & it's like she got a new man with a new attitude when I pulled in.

or those of you waiting for photos it's still going to be a little bit, I haven't even had the car for 24 hrs yet so give me more time. I think I'll spend the money to get the film processed tonight because it's cheaper than buying a New Digital camera that some of you want to get

The offer's always open to meet halfway, say Sturgis. I bring the camera, you bring the car. :camera:

The only thing she was mad about was not being able to go with me to pick it up after hearing every day about this car for almost 2 years, but said when I got back my grin was bigger than ever & it's like she got a new man with a new attitude when I pulled in.

Sounds like having the car is quickly erasing the frustration of waiting.

- Tony

Archived