TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ColdwaterHotrod is a Proud Papa of a New Shelby GT500!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:banana piano: ATTENTION STANGSUNLEASHED MEMBERS!

Please stand by for a few minutes for me to get a beer, catch my breath & write story :stats: ! :happy feet:

I still can’t believe it’s here & in my garage! :headspin: :hyper: :shift:

Now that is freaking awesome...congrats CW. Now you know the usual...pics, impressions...yada yada. :happy feet:

Dave

Wow, what a day and what a feeling! (And I’m not talking Toyota)

I spent another day taking care of the Mrs. before I have to go back to work tomorrow. The day started out like the last few by doing what I could to make her feel better before I headed out for my quick morning check at the dealership to see if my car had came in and like every other time I checked still no car. Finally around 11:00 am I went out to run some errands for the Mrs. and pick up some food at the grocery store for her, and some more magazines with Shelby GT500 articles for me, I made another pass by the dealership to see if their had been any new deliveries sitting around. Once again just like the last 50 times :banghead: No new Shelby GT500, so I continued on home arriving around 12:45 pm.

As I’m sitting down watching my daily stocks & reading my new magazines :read: , my cell phone starts ringing at 1:27 pm…. The Mrs. says whose calling? I said probably work & then I walked over and pulled it out of the case & said….OMG it’s the dealership calling! I answered with a Hello Jason; should I be sitting down for this? And then it was quite…… for about 3 seconds and he said It’s here! I could believe my ears. I said are you sure? It’s really here? :yahoo: I just went bye their and seen nothing, no semi-truck or anything. He said it’s coming off the truck as we speak & it’s being put in the customer service bay until you get here….bye the way how long might that be? At that point I said just as long as it takes for me to clear the streets of idiots that are in my way. :shift:

Needless to say when I arrived I could see her sitting in the customer service bay thru the window & then that feeling started to creep in :ohsnap: …. OMG! It’s finally here; I can’t believe it’s finally here. At that point everything started to go into slow motion & all the things I remember you all saying about check this & check that started to fill my head. My pulse quickened & my heart started pumping harder & louder with each step as I got closer to the car. I was mesmerized & stunned at the same time. Conversations of people around me were tuned out. The salesperson greeted me just before I entered the service bay & said well? Is that it? I think so? It was still dirty from coming off the truck & they only removed the White Plastic sheet from the front & rear bumpers. I did a quick inspection & then hopped in to check the Odometer ….I turned the Key "ON" and it SAID… 9.6 Miles! :drop:

At that point I took some 35mm :camera: shots of it anyways & then headed off to do the paperwork. I got to watch all of the PDI & I got a copy of it along with some other paperwork I found in the car which I will tell you what that is later. I then got to drive the car with him to the gas station to get my free tank of premium fuel & then it went back to the detailing shop for its first washing.

All I can tell you so far is that the I haven’t gotten over 40 mph yet because the roads were wet from rain & the city speed limit isn’t any higher than from their to my house so I wasn’t able to feel the true power yet. The super charger hasn’t come off zero yet but that will change tomorrow when I drive it to work & give her my 1st 140 mile round trip.

For the rest of you who are waiting all I can say is once you lay your eyes on it & start driving it all the pain & frustration melts away & any wrongs or delays are soon forgotten.

I’ll post more latter, but I have to go VOTE. Talk to you shortly.

Wow, what a day and what a feeling! (And I’m not talking Toyota)

I spent another day taking care of the Mrs. before I have to go back to work tomorrow. The day started out like the last few by doing what I could to make her feel better before I headed out for my quick morning check at the dealership to see if my car had came in and like every other time I checked still no car. Finally around 11:00 am I went out to run some errands for the Mrs. and pick up some food at the grocery store for her, and some more magazines with Shelby GT500 articles for me, I made another pass by the dealership to see if their had been any new deliveries sitting around. Once again just like the last 50 times No new Shelby GT500, so I continued on home arriving around 12:45 pm.

As I’m sitting down watching my daily stocks & reading my new magazines, my cell phone starts ringing at 1:27 pm…. The Mrs. says whose calling? I said probably work & then I walked over and pulled it out of the case & said….OMG it’s the dealership calling! I answered with a Hello Jason; should I be sitting down for this? And then it was quite…… for about 3 seconds and he said It’s here! I could believe my ears. I said are you sure? It’s really here? I just went bye their and seen nothing, no semi-truck or anything. He said it’s coming off the truck as we speak & it’s being put in the customer service bay until you get here….bye the way how long might that be? At the point I said just as long as it takes for me to clear the streets of idiots that are in my way.

Needless to say when I arrived I could see her sitting in the customer service bay thru the window & then that feeling start to creep in…. OMG! It’s finally here; I can’t believe it’s finally here. At the point everything started to go into slow motion & all the things I remember you all saying about check this & check that started to fill my head. The pulse quickened & my heart started pumping harder & loader with each step as I got closer to the car. I was memorized & stunned at the same time. Conversations of people around me were tuned out. The salesperson greeted me just before I entered the service bay & said well? Is that it? I think so? It was still dirty form coming off the truck & they only removed the White Plastic sheet from the front & rear bumpers. I did a quick inspection & then hopped in to check the Odometer ….I turned on the Key and it SAID….9.6 Miles!

At that point I took some 35mm shots of it anyways & then headed off to do the paperwork. I got to watch all of the PDI & got a copy of it along with some other paperwork I found in the car which I tell you what it is later. I then got to drive the car with him to the gas station to get my free tank of premium fuel & then it went for its first washing.

All I can tell you so far that the I haven’t gotten over 40 mph yet because the roads were wet from rain & the city speed limit isn’t any higher than from their to my house so I wasn’t able to feel the true power yet. The super charger hasn’t come off zero yet but that will change tomorrow when I drive it to work & give her my 1st 140 mile round trip.

For the rest of you who are waiting all I can say is once you lay your eyes on it & start driving it all the pain & frustration melts away & any wrongs or delays are soon forgotten.

congratulations. Sorry, what color? :banana piano:

Yeah...... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :headspin::headspin::yahoo:

Congrats man!

He said it’s coming off the truck as we speak & it’s being put in the customer service bay until you get here….bye the way how long might that be? At the point I said just as long as it takes for me to clear the streets of idiots that are in my way.

Now thats funny !

Needless to say when I arrived I could see her sitting in the customer service bay thru the window & then that feeling start to creep in…. OMG! It’s finally here; I can’t believe it’s finally here. At the point everything started to go into slow motion & all the things I remember you all saying about check this & check that started to fill my head. The pulse quickened & my heart started pumping harder & loader with each step as I got closer to the car. I was memorized & stunned at the same time. Conversations of people around me were tuned out. The salesperson greeted me just before I entered the service bay & said well? Is that it? I think so? It was still dirty form coming off the truck & they only removed the White Plastic sheet from the front & rear bumpers. I did a quick inspection & then hopped in to check the Odometer ….I turned on the Key and it SAID….9.6 Miles!

Great first impressions... :stats:

Thanks for the encourgement and reasurement. :rockon:

Looking forward to some pics and driving impressions later.

:banana piano: ATTENTION STANGSUNLEASHED MEMBERS!

Please stand by for a few minutes for me to get a beer, catch my breath & write story :stats: ! :happy feet:

I still can’t believe it’s here & in my garage! :headspin: :hyper: :shift:

I'm Truely happy for you.....enjoy...you desire it .......drive... drive.... drive.....and never forget.........

Ok, let's analyze this story....

At the point I said just as long as it takes for me to clear the streets of idiots that are in my way.

That is hilarious. :hyper:

I was memorized & stunned at the same time.

You were so "memorized" that you forgot you meant "mesmerized" :hysterical:

Conversations of people around me were tuned out.

Didn't you hear Ed McMahon standing there telling you that you'd just won $1M?

Excellent...exercise your rights. I bet you got to the polls quickly. :speedie:

Congrats again.

OK, I'm back from Voting & I was the last one in my district to do so.

I couldn't help but drive the car their. It's addicting like no other :drool: drug I have ever done in my youth. I got the super charger to kick in on the way home & when it did it..... It went BANG......to........RPM city & instant tire hop (and yes the road was wet and traction control was on, but at least now I'm set for the morning drive to work.)

The only thing I think I will change is the gear shifter :shift: , it's a little too soft for my taste & I want something with a little shorter throw & a little stiffer feel (like a road racing car). Other than that, I need more miles on her to get a real good feel for her on cornering on dry roads & at highway speeds. One thing for sure is the power on tap is overwhelming compared to my 97 SVT Cobra & it doesn't feel like a pig like all the journalists :finger: say.

I plan on going back to the Dealership late tomorrow too get sunny daylight pictures with the salesman & hopefully with the other Grabber Orange GT500 that was sold. Once that’s done I’ll try to get them developed at a 1 hour photo shop & try to post in the next couple of days.

Wow, I still can't shake that feeling, it's actually here (someone pinch me)... I'm not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight or tomorrow! :beerchug:

I couldn't help but drive the car their. It's addicting like no other :drool: drug I have ever done in my youth. I got the super charger to kick in on the way home & when it did it..... It went BANG......to........RPM city & instant tire hop (and yes the road was wet and traction control was on, but at least now I'm set for the morning drive to work.)

The only thing I think I will change is the gear shifter :shift: , it's a little too soft for my taste & I want something with a little shorter throw & a little stiffer feel (like a road racing car). Other than that, I need more miles on her to get a real good feel for her on cornering on dry roads & at highway speeds. One thing for sure is the power on tap is overwhelming compared to my 97 SVT Cobra & it doesn't feel like a pig like all the journalists :finger: say.

I plan on going back to the Dealership late tomorrow too get sunny daylight pictures with the salesman & hopefully with the other Grabber Orange GT500 that was sold. Once that’s done I’ll try to get them developed at a 1 hour photo shop & try to post in the next couple of days.

Wow, I still can't shake that feeling, it's actually here (someone pinch me)... I'm not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight or tomorrow! :beerchug:

That's awesome, Coldwater!

Not the ideal weather for your first day with it, but glad you got to get out and spin the tires some! :)

There are some great roads around that area for driving, too. You must be having a blast! If you ever make it over towards the south bend area, let me know, I'd love to check it out! I have a real nice digital camera if you want some good quality digital "prints", too.

- Tony

Ok, let's analyze this story....

That is hilarious. :hyper:

You were so "memorized" that you forgot you meant "mesmerized" :hysterical:

Didn't you hear Ed McMahon standing there telling you that you'd just won $1M?

Excellent...exercise your rights. I bet you got to the polls quickly. :speedie:

Congrats again.

Thanks for catching that Dave, spelling corrected.... I really was mesmerized by the car, it's a really bad drug. It sucked me in like a junkie to crack & I had no power to fight the great power of the :drool: Oh Mighty Shelby GT500.

That :censored: Ed always seems to show up at the wrong time....Come back Ed; Come Back! :banghead:

It shaved off 5 minutes getting their & that's with No supercharger working & wet roads, wait until their dry & daylight.... :shift:

Congrats Coldwater

Now let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more of this :rant:

now just this :shift:

I just had to keep reminding myself that God is on your side (my side), and He wants (my) your very best! God certainly knows more about (my) your pains and sufferings than anyone else does (even the Stangsunleashed members), and He says you can rise up victoriously, even from your ashes (that your Shelby my leave behind).

Congrats Coldwater. I know exactly how you feel. I picked mine up last Wednsday and drove it the 400 miles home. :yahoo: :happy feet: The car is everything I hoped for and more. I bought it from Champion Ford Erie, Pa. They are the best Ford Dealer in the Country as far as I am concerned. After getting ripped off by Gurley Leep Ford in South Bend, they were an absolute joy to do buisness with. I have a white with blue striped coupe. It was so much fun to drive home. It is definately an attention grabber. We'll have to get together with the "babies" for pictures. I live in Michigan City, In., not too far from you. I'll post some pics as soon as we get a sunny day to take them and I figure out how to post them. Good luck trying to sleep. Beleive me, you will dream about the car for at least the next week. I know, because I still am. :beerchug: :shift::party:

Archived