TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help- How is that possible?

Frederic Dumong

This is a Topic that I opened today because I found something curious for me. I went to a Shop selling all sorts of Die cast modells, and I found this 2008 Red Shelby GT convertible........an Original Officialy Ford Licensed Product. :headscratch: I didn't believe when I saw that. As we all know, the 2008' Shelby GT convertible has only been build in Vista Blue, or am I wrong??? So how is it possible that I can buy a RED Diecast model? :shrug: There's maybe a reason....but which one?

P1040726.JPG

P1040728.JPG

P1040734.JPG

P1040726.JPG

P1040728.JPG

P1040734.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a vender booth last year (2008) at the MCA Show in Pennsacola Fla. selling those, there is one around here somewhere under all of this mess.

TDS

Looks to me like the diecast manufacturer left hand did not know what the SAI right hand was doing! :headscratch:

1 of 1 :happy feet:

Send it in to the foundation and have Carroll sign that for sure.

UH, Its not a 1 of 1, at least I have one and so does any one at the MCA show last year in Pennsacola florida.

TDS

UH, Its not a 1 of 1, at least I have one and so does any one at the MCA show last year in Pennsacola florida.

TDS

This is obviously a production error for a "Shelby Collectible". I would hang on to it nonetheless. I recall where a real SGT actually got a GT-H plaque by mistake from SAI and a recommendation to the owner was not to change a thing because it made it unique. There never was a real red SGT so if nothing else you guys have a conversation piece worth keeping.

Now aint that cool!!!!!! That sure would look good in "my" office LOL It may have been a special made car for the MCA show. It's possible just so many were made for that event and no more. Alot of places do special cars for special events. Either way, its a way cool find!!!!!

Bud

Can you imagine if the actual SGTs had been offered up in RED???

Man oh man :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

I would have definitely have bought one in red! Too bad they never made it :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking the same thing- wow, it looks great in red. I'm thinking the diecast manufacturer didn't realize that red wasn't going to be an option for 2008. But, who knows, maybe red was SUPPOSED TO BE AVAILABLE, considering Grabber Orange was really a west coast only option.

Archived