TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner of 08SGT1455 saying hello

rlkillion

I have been lurking since buying the SGT on 9 Feb. Thought it was about time to say hello. My wife and I both love the car. I am having a hard time getting anytime in the drivers seat unless we are together! Car is as I got it right now except for a powder coated vista blue no drill front plate mount from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets.(Very nice by the way and Craig was very pleasant to deal with). I am compiling a list of what I want to do. Going to have to start small for now but would love to do the GT/SC conversion. Maybe by the time I am ready for that SAI will have announced a package for us.

Been a long time Ford guy but had only owned 4x4 trucks and Bronco's. My muscle cars are a long time in my past and were a 71 Chevelle SS and a 87 Monte Carlo SS.(Not Ford but I never found the right car when I had the cash! I did have a 76 Mustang II. Fun but not a muscle car!) My Ultimate car dream has always been a Shelby or a Boss 302. I love the 69/70 body style and was pumped when the new mustangs started the retro look. I have to give credit were credit it due though. I had turned my daughter into a Mustang admirer over the years and she bought a 95 GT. Driving it woke something up inside me after all the years of driving trucks and SUV's. So when I was faced with a $5000 service on my 2004 Land Rover SE3(Hey it was owned by Ford when I bought it!) or trading it, it was an easy decision. I had been admiring the 2008 Shelby GT sitting on the dealers lot since I first saw it months ago and so we went and drove it and a Grabber Orange GT. The wife was not impressed with the hood pins on the Shelby and liked the price of the GT better but after driving both she relented. Now I have a hard time driving it unless we are together and I am stuck driving my 95 Bronco that was sitting most days! I got the last day of employee pricing so the price was not bad but might have gotten a better deal with the current 0% financing. I have not looked close though as I don't want any regrets with this car. We bought the SE3 in Spain and there were only around 10,000 or so imported to the US. I was afraid I might regret getting rid of it...I have to say I have not missed it for one second! Well enough rambling for now. So to the point of the post: Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the family. I am scotty and grabber orange is my color and I own 08SGT0123 5-speed and we are happy to have you and your wife on board. you will find there are some awesome people here and they are car crazy just like me. CONGRATS ON THE NEW CORNER CARVER !!!

SCOTTY

post-18850-1235854548_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235854580_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235854548_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1235854580_thumb.jpg

I checked out the thread. That does sound like fun. Looks like Volo is about 4 hours north of us. I can't guarantee anything but we will see if we can make it.

Welcome!

Hope we'll see you at the Weekend events in June!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38939

In the meantime enjoy!

:shift:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived