TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Market

woolz

Hello all,

I've been looking to purchase a gth for a while. Recently I've noticed that the prices are dropping on these cars due to the

soft economy. I've located 2 cars. One has 19,000 miles, and I can purchase it for 30k. The other has around 9,000 miles and

I can acquire that one for 31k. Both are EXCELLENT deals. Just wandering if anyone thinks that prices will drop any lower. I had a deal

worked out on csm#40 about a year ago, but loss of my job, and WIFE, nixed that. As long as I can get my wife on board, I'm leaning

toward the lower mileage car. I've enjoyed following the forum and look forward to joining the club.

Thanks

zach

Zach,

The 07 Convert market has been dropping pretty steadily over the last year, but that's to be expected as they were mostly all released from Hertz over the last year. Surprisingly, I've seen converts sell less than the 06 coupes over the last few months. That may be due to just about all the coupes are now privately owned, so there just are not that many for sale. The market on the coupes has remained pretty steady for about a year in the $30 - $32 range. I haven't seen many sell for under the $30K figure. Converts are really in the same range, most in the $30 - $35K range. I've kept a pretty close eye on all the markets over the last year on these on both e-bay and the other car sale sites. So it looks like you are in the ball park on what you have found. The market for these cars can continue to drop over the next year, but?????????? Now the tough part of this is what you really want. You can find brand new Shelby GT's for the same money and used GT500's in the same area also. So it's all what you want. No question to me, but finding a GT500 for around $32K would also be pretty tempting right now.

There are not many coupes out there for sale, but after googling for a while I did come across a GT-H in Beverly Hills and they were advertising a 20K price, ( http://beverlyhills-california.olx.com/200...-h-iid-7220165) I do not know if it is legit or not but might be worth checking out, they had showroom pics. If you look on the auto trader site you will find some dealers that still have one, price is very high but maybe there tired of sitting on them for 1-2 years. I think somebody needs to tell some of the dealers that the stripes are not real GOLD. The vert market as been strange to me, you would think that after the larger auctions that Kruse had that many of them would have found there wat to Ebay or other types of classifieds, but they have not, the cars that are for sale right now are the ones that have been for sale for a long time, you will see one or two new ones on ebay but not that many. If you search Kruse's web site for auction results you can see the market drop rapidly, you can also see that they have listed 193 cars, I spoke with some at Kruse last week, he said that there current contract to sell the cars was over and did not know if they would be selling Hertz's remaing cars which he also said that there were 90 of them left. I was lucky enough to have purchased a 2006 GT-H coupe with 5400 miles on ebay last year, I thought I got a incredible deal, but it has lost a fair amount of value, but to quote Mike Joy from BJ auction you buy the cars becuase you love them and thats what I did. I'm looking for a vert, just waiting for the right car to come along.

Thats an interesting ad you found Russell. Lowest priced non-wrecked Hertz I've seen. The mileage isn't the lowest but with that price maybe its a trade-off.

Wish the seller would have said who they are. Doesn't appear to be a new car dealer with all those different makes in their showroom.

Steve

UPDATE: I ran the phone number listed in the Hertz ad thru Google and I found a Cobra website that had a thread about fake/Nigerian ebay car auction scams and the scammer was using that phone number. Also this ad says the car is in Beverly Hills but the phone number comes back to a Northern CA area.

Explains why this Hertz is listed on a free listing website.

I'd say that this ad is not legit. The vin number for this Hertz is 1ZVFT82H265226455

• 4 weeks later...

If you are specifically looking for a low mileage 06 GT-H, There is one for sale up here at a dealer in Mid-Michigan.I think it's CSM# was numbered in the high 3's or low 4's.It is a 12,000 mile car said to be in excellent shape.I can get the number for you if you would like.I talked to them about a year ago and they wanted $44K for it.I was looking for a truck a month or so ago and they still had it.I mentioned that I had one and told them what I payed for mine and they said they would drop it down in the low 30's.If you do come up to Michigan,Look me up and you can check out #40 if you have'nt seen it in person.

James

If you are specifically looking for a low mileage 06 GT-H, There is one for sale up here at a dealer in Mid-Michigan.I think it's CSM# was numbered in the high 3's or low 4's.It is a 12,000 mile car said to be in excellent shape.I can get the number for you if you would like.I talked to them about a year ago and they wanted $44K for it.I was looking for a truck a month or so ago and they still had it.I mentioned that I had one and told them what I payed for mine and they said they would drop it down in the low 30's.If you do come up to Michigan,Look me up and you can check out #40 if you have'nt seen it in person.

James

They have had this car for almost 2 years now! Because they want way to much money for it!!

All winter they were steadily asking 36,900. Now this dealer has a $2100 push pull tow going on and guess what, now they want 38,900!

This dealer doesn't like to deal!!

So, Good Luck!

For those that are interested it's Ed Koehn Ford in Greenville, MI and if you need more details on this car, I can get em for you as I live in the same town and drive by this car every day!

They have had this car for almost 2 years now! Because they want way to much money for it!!

All winter they were steadily asking 36,900. Now this dealer has a $2100 push pull tow going on and guess what, now they want 38,900!

This dealer doesn't like to deal!!

So, Good Luck!

For those that are interested it's Ed Koehn Ford in Greenville, MI and if you need more details on this car, I can get em for you as I live in the same town and drive by this car every day!

Yup,That is the same car.Like I said I talked to them about it a year ago before I bought mine and they wanted $44 firm.I laughed at them and said with the economy the way it is that they would have a hard time selling it to a Michigander.The salesman I talked to said thats OK they have been getting alot of out of state calls on it.Fast forward a year and when I was dealing with them on a truck,They were pretty willing to deal and work with me.It just was'nt the right truck for me.I asked them about the GT-H and the salesman said they still had it.I asked them the price and it was $36K like you stated.I told him that I bought mine in Indiana a year ago for Low $30's and his response was I am sure that they would match that price as we have had it quite awhile and they want it gone.I think if someone was SERIOUS about that car they would deal on it.Have you seen the car in person?Is it as nice as they say it is cause I have not seen it in person.I know it has fairly low miles I think 12,000.It just sucks for whoever buys this as the warranty is or will be up soon.Mine is out on April 8th.

James

James

i almost bought your car about a year ago this past christmas. hope you're enjoying it. i'm looking at a coupe in indiana and a covertible that's actually still in the rental fleet down here in florida. the vert is csm#346. my wife surprised me by renting it for me the weekend that we got married. i love the coupes, but i really like the styling changes on the vert, the wheels, driving lights, lower grille and the trim piece on the bottom of the rear bumpers. i figure that if i go with the vert, i can enjoy it topless year round down here in central florida. plus the wife enjoyed the drop top.... maybe she wouldn't be as mad.

Archived