TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HELP !!! LONG TUBE HEADERS AND X-PIPE

WORKING ON MY MOD LIST. WANTED TO KNOW WHO HAS A STOCK OR CLOSE TO STOCK SGT ENGINE WISE THAT HAS PUT SOME LONG TUBE

HEARDERS ON AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST FOR FOR THAT BRAND OF HEADERS AND WHAT SIZE HEADERS AND X-PIPE.

THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!!!

PEGSTANG

hi my names jared i have a 2007 sgt with jba lt's into a full 3 inch system. be warned unless you use some big mufflers it gets realy loud. i just got my installed today and i like them so far but i may end up with a disturbing the peace ticket. :angry22:

the systems great jba' really makes a fantastic product. if you buy their shelby package(its in the shelby catalog somewhere) it should cost you about 1700 dollars for the whole system. i had carfx in tulsa put my in and they only charged me 500 dollars. right now the systems still loose to allow for expansion and settling so it rattles alot but in another 200 miles the system will be fully welded together and will be solid.

the issues you will run into is the headers are so large you have to lift the engine to put them in. naturally since your in the area you should think about putting in some new engine mounts since the hydra mounts have a tendancy to leak and sag when under heavy use.

the 3 inch so far are a little rapsy but realy REALY REAAAAHAHAHAHAHeaLY SCREAM when you put your foot down. so be warned. the smaller system would be tamer, i think the smaller ones 2 1/4 but im not sure.

i didnt use an x-pipe on mine, i used an h pipe to get a really deep rumble to it and it works quite well however you will get more horses with an x pipe.

i'll check back when i can if you have any questions i'll answer them as best i can. im heading out of town saturday so i'll get back on sunday if im not on friday

KOOKS long tube headers

KOOKS Cat and X pipe

CORSA axlebacks.

Very loud.

"Very Exotic"

Very bad.

It will twist heads straight off the neck when coming down the road.

You do not have to drop the headers to get at the clutch if installing KOOKS. That's 5 hours of labor cost "saved in the future".

now that i've had more time to drive mine i must say its not too loud its actually just right. its quite when your putting but when you light it up its amazing! the rumble at idle breaks necks and it really adds some punch to the engine. i wouldnt change my pipes for the world now. there is one thing though...when you put them in besure to get some hush mat to line the floor with when your on the highway it rumbles alittle too much. other then thats its amazingly :shades:

now that i've had more time to drive mine i must say its not too loud its actually just right. its quite when your putting but when you light it up its amazing! the rumble at idle breaks necks and it really adds some punch to the engine. i wouldnt change my pipes for the world now. there is one thing though...when you put them in besure to get some hush mat to line the floor with when your on the highway it rumbles alittle too much. other then thats its amazingly :shades:

There's no such thing as 'too loud'. ;)

Ken

Archived