TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need some performance ideas?

I posted this on the non mod forum by mistake, hoepfully a Moderator will get rid of it But... Since I just registered the car today and now can drive it and am going to SC the car next year, I am getting the itch for some small improvements. Is there anything you guys could recommend to bolt on to improve on. I know back in the day 80's & 90's we used to do pulleys, K&N, Throttle body etc. I know the Shelby Gt had some performance in mind but can I do anything else knowing I am SCing the car next year. I already changed the exhaust to off-road w/ Ford racing mufflers. Thanks for any help.

I wouldn't do anything that would be null and void when installing the s/c . You could go with headers and one piece aluminum driveshaft.I've got shorty headers but i would probably go with long-tubes if going with s/c. Just my 2 cents worth.P.S. You could find out what brand of tuner will be used when installing s/c and go ahead and use that brand with a canned tune for now. When you get a custom tune with s/c then you wouldn't have to pay for the tuner, just the labor for custom tune. Good-luck

+1 on the brakes.If you are wanting to keep the stock wheels then you could get Baer slotted and drilled rotors from blueovalindustries.com for 299.00 Hawke street performance pads from brenspeed.com and stainless steel brakelines from tiremax.com for 142.00. I believe my pads were about 148.00 for front and rear. I couldn't find anyone cheaper. If you want a big brake package then there are numerous sponsors like stillen.com and spp.com.

KEEP THIS IN MIND!!! IF you're taking your cars back to SAI / Quantum Performance / Tasca . . . AUTHORIZED MOD SHOPS. . . .

DO NOT change out your headers / Intake / Cats or the Tune!!! They have to certify it (50 State legal for emissions) and have it inspected by SAI prior to adding the tick mark in the registry that your SGT is now a Shelby GT/SC. You will have to remove the other items and put it back to stock prior to having the Authorized Mod Shop to complete your Supercharger install.

AFTER THAT - you can go crazy with mods and "Off Road Only" additions to your ride.

I would call the speed shop you're going to have do the supercharger install and ask them what things you can change and what things they will need to be "Original / Stock" and go from there. I would think that the aluminum 1-piece driveshaft, axle back exhaust swap, Fay's2 Watts Link and Wheels/Brakes could all be done. . . .

Trevor

Archived