TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need some performance ideas

Mustang_Scotty

OK. Since I just registered the car today and now can drive it and am going to SC the car next year, I am getting the itch for some small improvements. Is there anything you guys could recommend to bolt on to improve on. I know back in the day 80's & 90's we used to do pulleys, K&N, Throttle body etc. I know the Shelby Gt had some performance in mind but can I do anything else knowing I am SCing the car next year. I already changed the exhaust to off-road w/ Ford racing mufflers. Thanks for any help.

Aluminum driveshaft. Don't worry about pulley's, you'll have to go back to stock anyway.... You could buy a SCT/Diablo tuner and get a better tune for the car. However, keep in mind that unless you do a full custom tune with your SC you may/may not end up using the programmer for long... Brakes are definitely good. New lines, upgraded pads and different rotors are a minimum. You could throw on a better looking intake elbow too.. not alot in the way power, but looks better. Brakes, tune and driveshaft if that can hold you over. Or, do the cosmetic mods. Whatever you do, enjoy and post pics when you're done!!!

Can you tell me what kind of elbow?

Aluminum driveshaft. Don't worry about pulley's, you'll have to go back to stock anyway.... You could buy a SCT/Diablo tuner and get a better tune for the car. However, keep in mind that unless you do a full custom tune with your SC you may/may not end up using the programmer for long... Brakes are definitely good. New lines, upgraded pads and different rotors are a minimum. You could throw on a better looking intake elbow too.. not alot in the way power, but looks better. Brakes, tune and driveshaft if that can hold you over. Or, do the cosmetic mods. Whatever you do, enjoy and post pics when you're done!!!

Archived