TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a lil' help

FiaCobra

For those that purchased their original transmission back from Ford from the TSB, what did the dealership charge you for the core? My dealership threw a $600 core charge quote at me.

I though I heard a few of you fellas paid a $200 core charge?

Anyone know what a core charge should be for our T-6060 transmissions?

(in case some are wondering, i'm having the trans replaced during this TSB because the dealership will not be able to get one of the proper tools for several weeks.) A new unit is at the dealership ready to go in.

For those that purchased their original transmission back from Ford from the TSB, what did the dealership charge you for the core? My dealership threw a $600 core charge quote at me.

I though I heard a few of you fellas paid a $200 core charge?

Anyone know what a core charge should be for our T-6060 transmissions?

(in case some are wondering, i'm having the trans replaced during this TSB because the dealership will not be able to get one of the proper tools for several weeks.) A new unit is at the dealership ready to go in.

I didn't pay a core charge, wasn't asked to.

I think some of you are confused.

I'm asking those that have "2" transmissions. The replacement tranny they gave you and put in the car, AND your original transmission that you have stored in your garage. My question is, what did the dealer charge you for allowing you to keep your original trans AFTER they gave you a new replacement one?

I didn't pay a core charge, wasn't asked to.

So, you have your original transmission as well as a new one they put in your car? The dealer just gave you back your original transmission to keep free of charge instead of returning it to Ford?

If I wanted to keep the old one, I would have had to pay the core charge. I elected not to, because I plan on keeping the car until I die, or the car dies. The numbers matching does not have such a great impact on me. JMO, I know that others feel very strongly aobut it. I don't think the wife would have understood the concept of paying for a piece of scrap metal that was stashed on the garage floor. I'm happy that I got a new tranny out of the deal.

Archived