TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Mod Shop

Shelby GT's are great cars, and rare cars, as they came from SAI originally. The Shelby GT/SC's will be much more rare and exclusive, and I think well worth the investment to those who can afford it.f If you do it, though, you may want to seriously consider getting one of those replacement-cost insurance policies!

Many thanks to SAI for all that it has done to make these great cars, as well as to provide the upgrades and the available mods to the Owners.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While many have always had an insight and opinion, as other and even I had, on how things should be done, it is not as easy as one may think. Bud did forget to mention the 427 event, the 85th and 86th birthday celebrations, SAAC 34, new product design and development just to name a few.

Bud also did not tell you is that his phone starts ringing at about 4 AM and he starts his day with about 50 e-mails. Same here. Add to that the technical questions, customer follow up calls, customers walking in, receiving and delivery of cars, restructuring our production facility, meseum tours, staff meetings .............. I think you get the message.

The post title on the GT's, in the begining, was not efficent. Other projects took priority due to contractual obligations and the remote mod shops were put in place to provide the outlet for the SGT need. At any time anyone could utilize our mod shops. Some chose to wait it out. I was one. Did I like the wait, no! But I did understand and happy I made the decission to wait. It did not make me drive my car more or less. I just love driving it. Don't try to justify the purchase as rational. It is not. Never will be. The car is great right out of the box. It is s personal decission.

Many have been in the same position. We will see just who is and has been interested as we make the calls. Some no longer have the car, some cannot make the move, and some had no intention from the start but talked a good game.

We are now in the position to offer this service for our SGT customer base and people are poking holes and making assumptions as to why we did this. Bud explained it perfectly. We welcome your business and will be glad to put you on the list.

Thank you for your support of the Brand.

While many have always had an insight and opinion, as other and even I had, on how things should be done, it is not as easy as one may think. Bud did forget to mention the 427 event, the 85th and 86th birthday celebrations, SAAC 34, new product design and development just to name a few.

Bud also did not tell you is that his phone starts ringing at about 4 AM and he starts his day with about 50 e-mails. Same here. Add to that the technical questions, customer follow up calls, customers walking in, receiving and delivery of cars, restructuring our production facility, meseum tours, staff meetings .............. I think you get the message.

The post title on the GT's, in the begining, was not efficent. Other projects took priority due to contractual obligations and the remote mod shops were put in place to provide the outlet for the SGT need. At any time anyone could utilize our mod shops. Some chose to wait it out. I was one. Did I like the wait, no! But I did understand and happy I made the decission to wait. It did not make me drive my car more or less. I just love driving it. Don't try to justify the purchase as rational. It is not. Never will be. The car is great right out of the box. It is s personal decission.

Many have been in the same position. We will see just who is and has been interested as we make the calls. Some no longer have the car, some cannot make the move, and some had no intention from the start but talked a good game.

We are now in the position to offer this service for our SGT customer base and people are poking holes and making assumptions as to why we did this. Bud explained it perfectly. We welcome your business and will be glad to put you on the list.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Roger - I for one was 100% on board until it took so frign long to get it done. I had and still have 100% runway clearance by my wife and was on board to get my car Sc'd, big brakes, brake ducts, CS6 hood, gauge package and who knows what else by SAI. It is not that I don't love my car because I do it is this and only this, it just took to damn long to get it done. I look at things this way, if I would have wanted the entire package 2 years after I got the car I would have ordered it 2 years after I got the car! I wanted this pedigree and package from the get-go and begged for it, now that is is finally being done, 2 years and still waiting, the sizzle is gone and yes I am really really pissed off about it and I'll never forget it!

Dave

Note: Thank you all for your input and I am done with this thread-

Roger - I for one was 100% on board until it took so frign long to get it done. I had and still have 100% runway clearance by my wife and was on board to get my car Sc'd, big brakes, brake ducts, CS6 hood, gauge package and who knows what else by SAI. It is not that I don't love my car because I do it is this and only this, it just took to damn long to get it done. I look at things this way, if I would have wanted the entire package 2 years after I got the car I would have ordered it 2 years after I got the car! I wanted this pedigree and package from the get-go and begged for it, now that is is finally being done, 2 years and still waiting, the sizzle is gone and yes I am really really pissed off about it and I'll never forget it!

Dave

Note: Thank you all for your input and I am done with this thread-

WHAT'S A MATTER DAVE THE HEAT IN THE KITCHEN GETTING TO YOU. :hysterical:

THAT BEING SAID, DAVE I GUESS IT'S BETTER TO BE PISSED OFF THEN

PISSED ON. :hysterical:

NOTHING BUT LOVE HERE FROM ME. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

WHAT'S A MATTER DAVE THE HEAT IN THE KITCHEN GETTING TO YOU. :hysterical:

THAT BEING SAID, DAVE I GUESS IT'S BETTER TO BE PISSED OFF THEN

PISSED ON. :hysterical:

NOTHING BUT LOVE HERE FROM ME. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

I like your cars but you really gotta have big kahuna's for buying an orange one. :hysterical:

Ok No more scotty. I'm out.

Take care.

I like your cars but you really gotta have big kahuna's for buying an orange one. :hysterical:

Ok No more scotty. I'm out.

Take care.

dave, like i said in an earlier post. nothing but love for you and the other TS members. your car is sweet so enjoy your sgt and have an awesome day.

scotty

+1 Ross.

Hey Swede:

BTW: I got the call dude, and I am doing my deposit check now.... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks Bud and SAI!!! :drool: :happy feet:

Yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery....except my tomorrow has a s/c in it! And man am I drooling...:happy feet:

List me for a 550 Whipple!! YYYEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!

Congrats !

How difficult was your decision to chose the 550 Whipple over the Kenne Bell?

Any other upgrades planned while your SGT is @ SAI?

Please keep up posted on your scheduled SC install !

The decision was a very hard one, but in the end the SAI "test" SGT/SC has a whipple from FRPP, so thats what I am going with. I worked as a mechanics apprentice as a kid and never stopped working on engines since then, and to me the thread that had the comparative pictures of the kits led me to choose the Whipple. I also did not care for the oil seperator on the KB kit at all.

Any of them are super cool and eachone has its advantages, but I liked the Whipple kit in the end.

I have not asked to have any further mods done at this time at SAI, but who knows... :happy feet:

I really was drawn to the Paxton in the begininng however there was several posts from a guy in Denmark who had one of each and his descriptions made me want the Whipple. Also the Paxton is no longer available, so that made it easy.

I really was drawn to the Paxton in the begininng however there was several posts from a guy in Denmark who had one of each and his descriptions made me want the Whipple. Also the Paxton is no longer available, so that made it easy.

Can you link to the thread for the Denmark Paxton?

Paxton is no longer available?

I still hope to get mine done in LV, maybe this summer/fall...

I'd like to be SGT-Ca/SC :happy feet:

+1 Ross.

Hey Swede:

BTW: I got the call dude, and I am doing my deposit check now.... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks Bud and SAI!!! :drool: :happy feet:

Yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery....except my tomorrow has a s/c in it! And man am I drooling... :happy feet:

Congrats Man. :dance: I'm been on the list since August 26th 2008 I'm waiting very inpatiently; :banghead: I am super stoked to get it done. I haven't driven my car in 4.5 months due to the weather here, still have another 1.5 months before I will be cruizing. I have nightmares :angry22: everyday that I got the call, I hope I get the call fairly soon :fool: I really dont want to bring the car there in the middle of the summer, for people who live in warmer climates I would assume it doesn't matter what time of the year they get in becuase they get to drive their car all year. :car:

I think bud is picking the least annoying people first so I guess I can expect to get in 2021 :bandance:

Swede, I am behind you 100%, I did not like the time frame also, I do not blame ayone but myself for waiting on someone else to make the car that I wanted, so I did the mods myself, I may not be in the registery, but worse things have happened, I will enjoy it either way, Rick

Swede, I am behind you 100%, I did not like the time frame also, I do not blame ayone but myself for waiting on someone else to make the car that I wanted, so I did the mods myself, I may not be in the registery, but worse things have happened, I will enjoy it either way, Rick

Thanks Rick.

Swede, I would PM you back about your pm but you have your settings set to not get pm's... :headscratch:

So I will answer you here, I am not trying to upset you further or "bait" you.

I will however, do a fat giant smoky burnout in front of your house on the way back to Seattle from Vegas if you pm me your address just to egg you on however... :hysterical: just kidding...well sort of :hysterical:

You know how I feel about your dilemma after all this time. Hope you do what makes you happy my Shelby Brother.

And enjoy the ride, today only happens once.

I am happy for all of you. I am still not happy about the time it took, but it appears I am all alone on this one. I think I am black balled anyway- too much noise I guess.

Swede

I haven't black balled anybody---never have, never will. I just try to play it fair for all. And if Dave has read his email I sent him earlier today, he will know that he was never black balled :) I gave him an "about" date. Now the "black" ball is in his corner :hysterical:

Bud

I haven't black balled anybody---never have, never will. I just try to play it fair for all. And if Dave has read his email I sent him earlier today, he will know that he was never black balled :) I gave him an "about" date. Now the "black" ball is in his corner :hysterical:

Bud

Thanks Bud.

In good health.

Well, my car is already there and started. I got the email Friday and Ron drove the car there right away. We chose the Kenne Bell because I have an automatic. Anyway, Bud has been nothing short of awesome. Bud has been patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. I am thrilled to have them doing my car! Bud told me at CS86 there were 60 cars ahead of me and I am in, so be patient, it will happen!

Well, my car is already there and started. I got the email Friday and Ron drove the car there right away. We chose the Kenne Bell because I have an automatic. Anyway, Bud has been nothing short of awesome. Bud has been patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. I am thrilled to have them doing my car! Bud told me at CS86 there were 60 cars ahead of me and I am in, so be patient, it will happen!

Congrats I bet you are extremely happy.

Are you having them do the brakes or any other mods?

Bud is always patient, helpful and knowledgeable; SAI knows that having great staff is the key to success.

Just curious at what date did you get put on the list?

I am getting extreme brakes in vista blue, brake ducts, polished KB SC, new grill, sc striping, and that is it SO FAR, but I add things every day it seems. I chose not to do the gauge cluster/pod. And with the KB the driving lights dont fit. so that is not an option. Anything else you think I need? I am open to suggestions!!! LOL!!! It was months ago I went on the list.

Archived