TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Signing?

I was wondering if Mr. Shelby was going to be doing any autographing while at the race? Does anyone know?

Also, are there going to be any benifits for Team Shelby members while at the event?

Unfortunately for me, I don't have $6gs laying around or I'd have the package and wouldn't be needing to ask these questions. I figure this would be a great event to attend before I deploy to Iraq (again) this spring. I'd just like to get my car signed while there.

SSG Ash

U.S. Army

• 4 weeks later...
I was wondering if Mr. Shelby was going to be doing any autographing while at the race? Does anyone know?

Also, are there going to be any benifits for Team Shelby members while at the event?

Unfortunately for me, I don't have $6gs laying around or I'd have the package and wouldn't be needing to ask these questions. I figure this would be a great event to attend before I deploy to Iraq (again) this spring. I'd just like to get my car signed while there.

SSG Ash

U.S. Army

The event was awesome! Thank you, Mr. Shelby, for signing my car's visor!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I'm glad you got it signed! Also wondering how you were able to pull this off at the race?

All of the events that led up to it make the story even better, but I'll be brief.

A little bit of luck, plus some help from Gary Sales and Amy and "Big Larry", thanks to all three of them!

I walked into the Cafe after the tour of the museum on 02MAR09 (the day after the race), and less than five minutes later, Carroll Shelby walked in with his family. I was in uniform, walked up to Amy, introduced myself as the soldier Gary had mentioned, Gary showed up, then two minutes later, had met Carroll Shelby and had my driver side visor dated "03/02/09" and signed "Carroll Shelby".

That's a memory I'm taking to Iraq with me. I appreciate all those who helped make that weekend truly remarkable! Thank you all!

P.S. - Larry, the next lunch is on me!

All of the events that led up to it make the story even better, but I'll be brief.

A little bit of luck, plus some help from Gary Sales and Amy and "Big Larry", thanks to all three of them!

I walked into the Cafe after the tour of the museum on 02MAR09 (the day after the race), and less than five minutes later, Carroll Shelby walked in with his family. I was in uniform, walked up to Amy, introduced myself as the soldier Gary had mentioned, Gary showed up, then two minutes later, had met Carroll Shelby and had my driver side visor dated "03/02/09" and signed "Carroll Shelby".

That's a memory I'm taking to Iraq with me. I appreciate all those who helped make that weekend truly remarkable! Thank you all!

P.S. - Larry, the next lunch is on me!

That's an awesome story! I'm happy for you and also wanted to say Thank You for serving and protecting out FREEDOM!! :salute:

Archived