TEAM SHELBY FORUM

window scoops or covers

switch

okay, Im seriously considering the black covers for my white SGT but I need some opinions first. Im worried they wont look right because they will be darker then my tint. My tint is 35% all the way around, except the windshield. Anyone think it wont work because of the side windows and back window being lighter? Im wondering if this would just not look right.

Also, do the covers sit flush with the skin of the car or do they stick out a bit? In greasers' second pic it looks like the front bottom corner may stick out a bit????

And thay whole "buy and try" thing doesnt work with my wife. If I buy it she will make me use it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay, Im seriously considering the black covers for my white SGT but I need some opinions first. Im worried they wont look right because they will be darker then my tint. My tint is 35% all the way around, except the windshield. Anyone think it wont work because of the side windows and back window being lighter? Im wondering if this would just not look right.

Also, do the covers sit flush with the skin of the car or do they stick out a bit? In greasers' second pic it looks like the front bottom corner may stick out a bit????

And thay whole "buy and try" thing doesnt work with my wife. If I buy it she will make me use it.

Mine sit perfectly flush. I don't think the black cover will clash with your tint at all. You'll see once they're installed.

It's pretty obvious that your quarters are covered, even from a distance. I think it'd look great! Good luck!

Ken

Neither! I like the Silver Horse Racing replacement windows/louvers...they look more like what came in the old 66 Mustangs back in the day and they are color matched to your car...I want a set of these really bad!

Silver Horse Racing

I agree . I put the silver horse racing on my wifes vista blue car and they are awesome.

I like both the Super snake side scoops and the black block off plates, but I'm not sure about the foe rivets on the plates . I do have the cs69 black wheels so I would like to add something on the side windows to complete the look. Thanks to everyone for all the different looks.

I like both the Super snake side scoops and the black block off plates, but I'm not sure about the foe rivets on the plates . I do have the cs69 black wheels so I would like to add something on the side windows to complete the look. Thanks to everyone for all the different looks.

If you are on the fence cause of the faux rivets, agent 47 has some block off plates that replace the windows and you could paint them any way you want, not sure on price, but im sure they are $$.

Chris

If you are on the fence cause of the faux rivets, agent 47 has some block off plates that replace the windows and you could paint them any way you want, not sure on price, but im sure they are $$.

Chris

They also have some that do rear brake cooling...for the hardcore guy. They have nice stuff.

Ok I have to chime in for the scoop crowd also, these are the super snake quarter window scoops, not bulky looking and they definitely go with the side scoops that are on our cars. (IMHO).

442andscooter189.jpg

These are by far my favorite except for them not working. I just dont like the idea of putting non-functional stuff on the car. But then again it already has that theme; hood scoop and side scoop. Maybe these will be what I go with If I do do something.

Im assuming these dont come in different colors and they require painting?

I personally preferred the slotted louvers, which is what I put on my car. Two reasons: 1) I didn't want to have a major blind spot (even these are restrictive) and 2) I preferred a look similar to the '67 fastbacks.

Not the best pic of my car (I'm in the middle of a lawsuit because a dumba** at the dealership put burn marks into my paint) but you can see how they look black-on-black.

~Ayara

post-24511-1236882071_thumb.jpg

I personally preferred the slotted louvers, which is what I put on my car. Two reasons: 1) I didn't want to have a major blind spot (even these are restrictive) and 2) I preferred a look similar to the '67 fastbacks.

Not the best pic of my car (I'm in the middle of a lawsuit because a dumba** at the dealership put burn marks into my paint) but you can see how they look black-on-black.

~Ayara

What like a cigarette burn?

No need for that to happen either way. I hate it when other people don't respect other people's cars.

~Ayara

DSCF0628.JPG

The smudges on the side.....are those the burn marks? That is so ugly. Sorry to see that this happened to you. I hope you get the lawsuit resolved quick and get that repaired.

I'd have to vote neither. While I love all things retro about our cars, I just can't see adding a blind spot. The block-off plates were simply for weight savings over the louver vents on the 65 R model, but then Shelby changed them to windows on the 66 model. It still saved weight, but increased visibility. Those side windows are to me one of the best retro features we have, but they'd certainly look good tinted on your black car.

The smudges on the side.....are those the burn marks? That is so ugly. Sorry to see that this happened to you. I hope you get the lawsuit resolved quick and get that repaired.

Yep, that's them. Have those marks on every surface of my car. And, to top it all off, the hood scoop was cracked at time of sale and they replaced it. Problem was, the original scoop is bolt-on and the new one they "supposedly" got from Shelby was rivet-on, so now my vinyl on my hood is bunched up at the top of the scoop and I have extra holes from the bolts. Can put your finger right through the vinyl in those spots :(

Estimated damage - nearly $8,000

My lawsuit has been in progress for nearly 8 months now, and earlier this week they asked for a settlement figure. Keep your fingers crossed!

Edit: In reference to the louvers, you can see through them. Its not as clear as a non-covered window of course, but still enough.

At under $200 and painted I could not pass...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...%3A1|240%3A1318

U have by far the sharpest SGT i have seen. I can put my finger on it but there is somethin baout it that just pops and makes me wanna drive it. I think its hte hood scoop that is painted and the wwhelels but i dunno i cant put my fingerr on it. Nice car though man. Real nice!

U have by far the sharpest SGT i have seen. I can put my finger on it but there is somethin baout it that just pops and makes me wanna drive it. I think its hte hood scoop that is painted and the wwhelels but i dunno i cant put my fingerr on it. Nice car though man. Real nice!

Thanks for the props. :mademyday:

Archived