TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So, I got my car for sale, right...

stump_breaker

.....and I have had several people and one company surprised I am selling it so cheap. I had a finance company call me today (trying to drum up business) and told me the last used 07 SGT they sold went for $37k. I verified he was not talking about the GT500. I realize prices are different across the states but it got me to wondering and the purpose of this post, is the value of the SGT cars going up?

Of course then they wanted to charge me $300 to put it on their site. I counter offered with "sell it for $37k, give me my money and keep the rest." I guess you know how far that went.... :finger:

.....and I have had several people and one company surprised I am selling it so cheap. I had a finance company call me today (trying to drum up business) and told me the last used 07 SGT they sold went for $37k. I verified he was not talking about the GT500. I realize prices are different across the states but it got me to wondering and the purpose of this post, is the value of the SGT cars going up?

Of course then they wanted to charge me $300 to put it on their site. I counter offered with "sell it for $37k, give me my money and keep the rest." I guess you know how far that went.... :finger:

I would think mid to upper 20's is probably top dollar in this economy if you can even sell it. I had one response from someone in New York from this site right after i listed it, but it didn't go anywhere. $37k is more than i paid for mine new. Right now i don't think the value of anything is going up.

And thats exactly why they called you.

Steve

Well yea, I realize that but the response to the price I am selling the car for has been shocking from other areas as well. You know normally people say wow that's expensive but that's not the case.

Heck I'm trying to sell my Saturn as well and my gosh I'm getting beat to death with lowball offers on a already cheap car. No so with the SGT. I just found it odd....

I've even had an offer of trade for a $40k motor home and a large boat on the lake.

Well yea, I realize that but the response to the price I am selling the car for has been shocking from other areas as well. You know normally people say wow that's expensive but that's not the case.

Heck I'm trying to sell my Saturn as well and my gosh I'm getting beat to death with lowball offers on a already cheap car. No so with the SGT. I just found it odd....

I've even had an offer of trade for a $40k motor home and a large boat on the lake.

Maybe those people are thinking it is the GT 500. I get Calls all the time from those People wanting me to List my Car with them. They wont stop talking long enough for me to tell them No Tanks so I usually just Hang Up on them.

A used $40K Motorhome is really only worth about $18K in this Economy and a $10K Boat is worth only about $3K now. People are selling off their Toys just to keep from having to Maintain them and Tag Them just to have them sit in the Driveway collecting Dust. You know that the Two happiest Days of a Boat Owner is the Day he Buys the Boat and the Day He Sells the Boat.

Maybe those people are thinking it is the GT 500. I get Calls all the time from those People wanting me to List my Car with them. They wont stop talking long enough for me to tell them No Tanks so I usually just Hang Up on them.

A used $40K Motorhome is really only worth about $18K in this Economy and a $10K Boat is worth only about $3K now. People are selling off their Toys just to keep from having to Maintain them and Tag Them just to have them sit in the Driveway collecting Dust. You know that the Two happiest Days of a Boat Owner is the Day he Buys the Boat and the Day He Sells the Boat.

True putting the value on anything is hard...

Boats and Motorhomes swill fuel like no tomorrow especially the gas powered ones...

Personally the happiest day in this boat owners life is when I am on it drinking beer...or napping after a beer and fresh crabs at anchor in a quiet cove and the laping of the ripples on the hull...:hysterical:

Personally the happiest day in this boat owners life is when I am on it drinking beer...or napping after a beer and fresh crabs at anchor in a quiet cove and the laping of the ripples on the hull...:hysterical:

Now that sounds like a great way to go boating. Only problem, cove wouldn't be so quite with the wife aboard. :hysterical:

Oh man, I'm in trouble for that one. :cry:

True putting the value on anything is hard...

Boats and Motorhomes swill fuel like no tomorrow especially the gas powered ones...

Personally the happiest day in this boat owners life is when I am on it drinking beer...or napping after a beer and fresh crabs at anchor in a quiet cove and the laping of the ripples on the hull... :hysterical:

Fresh crabs? Just what do you do on that boat to get fresh crabs??

:hysterical::hysterical:

Last summer a local BMW dealer had a white 07 listed for 26K with 1800 miles on it. Burst my bubble real quick on resale value of these cars.

Go buy some old 1970 to 1975 Car Magazines that offered Classifieds and look what the Cobra 427's and the 1965 Shelby G.T. 350's were selling for. You have to give the New Shelby's time. They are a Long Term Investment. It may be 20 Years before they go up in Value, but they will go UP.

Go buy some old 1970 to 1975 Car Magazines that offered Classifieds and look what the Cobra 427's and the 1965 Shelby G.T. 350's were selling for. You have to give the New Shelby's time. They are a Long Term Investment. It may be 20 Years before they go up in Value, but they will go UP.

I realize that tes. I grew up in the musclecar era. I had a lot of old musclecars in the late 60's and early 70's.

I know there is an immediate depreciation on any new car. As soon as you sign the papers it's a used car. I was surprised somewhat at the high depreciation rate though, even before the economy took a dive. I didn't buy it with the intention of investment, and have never purchased cars with that intent. I bought it because i liked it, thinking that if i were to sell it, it would probably retain a little higher % of it's original price than a standard GT.

I realize that tes. I grew up in the musclecar era. I had a lot of old musclecars in the late 60's and early 70's.

I know there is an immediate depreciation on any new car. As soon as you sign the papers it's a used car. I was surprised somewhat at the high depreciation rate though, even before the economy took a dive. I didn't buy it with the intention of investment, and have never purchased cars with that intent. I bought it because i liked it, thinking that if i were to sell it, it would probably retain a little higher % of it's original price than a standard GT.

The problem with the Shelby GT's is that they are listed as a Mustang GT and not a Shelby GT in KBB.

The problem with the Shelby GT's is that they are listed as a Mustang GT and not a Shelby GT in KBB.

Not true... KBB now shows a "Shelby Pkg" as an option... It is listed right under "California Special" on the options page...

And not like it adds any "real" value on your trade-in... But at least these cars can now be identified in the Used Car Market...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Not true... KBB now shows a "Shelby Pkg" as an option... It is listed right under "California Special" on the options page...

And not like it adds any "real" value on your trade-in... But at least these cars can now be identified in the Used Car Market...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

thats a good development, finally!

Archived