TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California Special

msbiehn

Does anyone out there know how many California Specials are being built??? We have ordered one for Spring Delivery and believe that it could possibly be #4 in Ontario!

I have read that 8000 will be produced, but they will make as many as they can sell. It is a one year run car from what I have read. You will enjoy it. :shift:

What color did you order?

Does anyone out there know how many California Specials are being built??? We have ordered one for Spring Delivery and believe that it could possibly be #4 in Ontario!

There is one in St Catharines the guy got from East gate Ford in Hamilton ON. in August. Its a triple black vert. We have park beside each other at many shows. I like the look of them.

There is one in St Catharines the guy got from East gate Ford in Hamilton ON. in August. Its a triple black vert. We have park beside each other at many shows. I like the look of them.

I like that Shelby has included parts specifically for the C/S on his website.

I have read that 8000 will be produced, but they will make as many as they can sell. It is a one year run car from what I have read. You will enjoy it. :shift:

What color did you order?

Hi Rob

We have ordered black, black with the dove grey inserts, also with the GT Appearance Package and Interior Upgrade package with the satin panels. Our order is in the Dealer allotment for January and we are hoping for end of March to early April delivery so we miss the winter and the road salt.

We have asked our dealer and checked numerous sites and it seems no one really has any idea about the build number.

If you read or hear anything else about them we would be interested to know any info.

Can't wait for Spring now!

msbiehn

Hi Rob

We have ordered black, black with the dove grey inserts, also with the GT Appearance Package and Interior Upgrade package with the satin panels. Our order is in the Dealer allotment for January and we are hoping for end of March to early April delivery so we miss the winter and the road salt.

We have asked our dealer and checked numerous sites and it seems no one really has any idea about the build number.

If you read or hear anything else about them we would be interested to know any info.

Can't wait for Spring now!

msbiehn

Congrats on your order. The only thing about the black is that the GT/CS Black stripe is hard to see. The production number in Fords Market Target shows the production numbers. When it is all said and done for 2007 I bet they hit their target numbers of 8000 to 9000 GT/CS units. I wonder what a White GT/CS stripe would look like on the side of your black car. You would have to get it custom made, but I bet it would look very sharp. :happy feet:

Heres some GT/CS eye candy

Congrats on your order. The only thing about the black is that the GT/CS Black stripe is hard to see. The production number in Fords Market Target shows the production numbers. When it is all said and done for 2007 I bet they hit their target numbers of 8000 to 9000 GT/CS units. I wonder what a White GT/CS stripe would look like on the side of your black car. You would have to get it custom made, but I bet it would look very sharp. :happy feet:

Heres some GT/CS eye candy

:hyper: :headspin: Hi Rob

We saw a California Special on E-Bay that was black and decided that was the car---we have been checking out Mustangs since January and were going for a black GT with a bunch of goodies including the 18" polished wheels so this is pretty much what we want ---- when we heard the C/S was limited edition it kind of made us think more & more that maybe this was the car for us!!! We live in Canada so I guess it will be a C/S for sure !!! As far as the white stripes go they look great, my Brother has them on his '69 Z-28 and a buddy has them on his '70 Chevelle SS 454 so we can't very well copy LOL !!! We are adding Ford Racing mufflers when it is delivered to the dealer.

Your white GT/CS looks awesome !!!

Archived