TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Transmission TSB Do it Now?

Imatk

I just got my car a couple weeks ago and was reading about the transmission TSB.

I only have about 40 miles on the car and no signs of problems with the clutch or trans, but was wondering if I should have the TSB done before things go south.

My car is an 07 so I'm sure it's got all the old parts, input shaft, clutch, flywheel, etc.

I'm in Houston so if you guys know of a good dealer that can do the repair or if you think I should wait let me know.

I just got my car a couple weeks ago and was reading about the transmission TSB.

I only have about 40 miles on the car and no signs of problems with the clutch or trans, but was wondering if I should have the TSB done before things go south.

My car is an 07 so I'm sure it's got all the old parts, input shaft, clutch, flywheel, etc.

I'm in Houston so if you guys know of a good dealer that can do the repair or if you think I should wait let me know.

I'm sure your car falls in the parameters of the TSB... If it's not acting up when you bring it to the dealer they will likely not perform it for you until the concern is present.

There have been members with low mileage that have had their clutch and/or tranny go out without warning. Having said that there are many of us with thousands of miles on the car and no signs of problems.

As you may have read there are many dealers that will not perform repairs until some signs of failure is occurring.

I'm in the camp that I will wait until something begins to go wrong. And I always make sure I have my cellphone when I drive the car.

I got mine replaced without any real symptoms. Screw the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I heard it was over 5 thousand dollars to pay to do it yourself. I'm not getting stuck with that bag of :censored: after I just bought this car. All I told the dealer was "sometimes" I have trouble shifting above 6000rpms. Especially 1-2, and 2-3. They usually won't verify this when a 27 year old (me) takes them on a test drive. If they do just miss your shift. This should have been a RECALL anyways. The problem really rears it's head when you do a lot of driving in stop and go traffic. All the clutch slippin gets that flywheel hot'n'bothered. Currently that isn't my situation, but I'm not getting screwed when I decide to move in a couple years and my car is out of warranty.

Good luck.

Ps. If they would have told me no, I would have made an appointment every week complaining about my clutch. Sooner or later they'll do it.

I got mine replaced without any real symptoms. Screw the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I heard it was over 5 thousand dollars to pay to do yourself. I'm not getting stuck with that bag o :censored: after I just bought this car. All I told the dealer was "sometimes" I have trouble shifting above 6000rpms. Especially 1-2, and 2-3. They usually won't verify this when a 27 year old (me) takes them on a test drive. If they do just miss your shift. This should have been a RECALL anyways. The problem really rears it's head when you do a lot of driving in stop and go traffic. All the clutch slippin gets that flywheel hot'n'bothered. Currently that isn't my situation, but I'm not getting screwed when I decide to move in a couple years and my car is out of warranty.

Good luck.

Ps. If they would have told me no, I would have made an appointment every week complaining about my clutch. Sooner or later they'll do it.

Ditto above. Just ask and many dealers will do it. They know it is a problem and the service bays are empty a lot with the economy as it is. So cash is king-even if it is factory bucks. The car never should have been released the way it was.

Agreed. My dealer acted like they were excited to give their mechanics some work to do. When the service manager went on the test drive with me he was on his phone the entire ride. Barley got out of the lot and he said to turn around and that he had looked it up and it was a common problem.

Agreed. My dealer acted like they were excited to give their mechanics some work to do. When the service manager went on the test drive with me he was on his phone the entire ride. Barley got out of the lot and he said to turn around and that he had looked it up and it was a common problem.

I'm glad you found a good dealer right from the start.

Archived