TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch TSB - Force Recall or Class Action Lawsuit?

Shelby355XL

Leroy thanks for the part number info! I know the stripes on the roof were replaced due to shipping damage. another thing i wasnt told. As you can tell I am very sad in my first purchase of a GT500! Ford should have made thing right like pull the dealers license that sold me the car. I sincerly think they owe me 3,000 to 5,000 dollard refund. But good luck getting it! I have already retained a lawyer and exploring my options!

I really love my shelby its a great car and well its what i wanted minus the trasmission replaced. I wish someone would would help me or knows someone high up. Because thats just so wrong.

I really appreciate all the brotherhood on this site you guys are awesome with you help and kind words!

Sincerely Jason a Team Shelby Member!

: )

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby355XL, I posted the original post for this thread. I got my Cobra back after the dealership did the TSB. The Ford reps came out, took a look, and as predicted said to pound sound. The dealership (Planet Ford, Spring TX), took care of it. I'm pretty sure had I not provided so much evidence to the problem and been as persistent as I was, they would have tried to stick me with the bill.

After reading so many responses, I'm amazed that some dealerships cover the TSB no problem (knowing they aren't getting reimbursed from Ford) whereas some dealerships tell you to pound sand. Or, perhaps I've been told the wrong story from my dealership whereby Ford is actually covering the TSB repair after the 12 month/ 12k mles warranty.

In any event, I appreciate all the info you guys have provided on this website. Without it, I would have been out $5k for sure!! Thanks.

Hi there, I followed Grabbers guidelines 1 through 8 and discussed it with my service advisor ....he ordered the parts and 3 months later called me to bring in my car.

He called 3 days later and said I needed a new tranny.....the following week it was installed.......I shipped the car home in december on a flat bed and will have to wait till April to find out how it performs...

MY DEALERSHIP IS REPUTABLE .......

:peelout::peelout: STEVE .............725 SUPER SNAKE :yup:

P.S. " be a good customer "

Were you following up a problem you had or was this preventative action on your part?

Mikehart

Wondering how many Shelby GT500 owners have been screwed over because of the clutch TSB issue. From reading all these posts, it seems as if there's been hundreds of failures.

My clutch went out Friday night and inside of 2 days I went from not knowing a thing about the problem to realizing this is a huge, recurring issue for GT500 owners.

I'm pushing the dealership and Ford hard to cover my TSP repairs although the clutch warranty has expired...I have 13,000 miles and it's over a year old. Screw that though!

From what I've learned from this forum, the factory clutch design was flawed and that's the cause of so many failures. The TSB clutch replacements parts are completely redesigned to overcome the original problems. Hence the need for a recall!

Curious as to whether forcing a recall (threatening a class action lawsuit) has been discussed in this forum already and/or whether there's enough instances whereby it could be organized into an action against Ford to fix. Otherwise myself and a great many other Shelby owners are going to be out $5k in repairs due to these clutch problems.

Thoughts?

I am one of the shelby gt 500/2007 wich have a broken/dead clutch after 4000 miles and I live in Romania........so f...... see below

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry647872

From what I've read about the input shaft and the steel flywheel it seems there is a DEFINITE design flaw and that YES it should be a recall.

The people who are not experiencing problems with the car that have the old flywheel will at some point, and I would suspect the only reason they haven't had problems so far is either

1. They just don't drive the car very much.

2. They don't drive in any type of traffic situation (stop and go).

Either way the input shaft was not lubed for the 07s and it rusts so eventually it will be a problem.

From what I've read about the input shaft and the steel flywheel it seems there is a DEFINITE design flaw and that YES it should be a recall.

The people who are not experiencing problems with the car that have the old flywheel will at some point, and I would suspect the only reason they haven't had problems so far is either

1. They just don't drive the car very much.

2. They don't drive in any type of traffic situation (stop and go).

Either way the input shaft was not lubed for the 07s and it rusts so eventually it will be a problem.

Recalls are for safety issues.

TSBs are for design flaws. They are fixed when the car exhibits the symptoms.

Unless this becomes a safety issue, it won't be recalled.

this car costs to much to have these issues.

I agree.

It is frustrating trying to explain this to people. Esp my boss who drives a C6 Vette.

You would've thought they would have found this problem on all the test mules they were.......Testing.

Recalls are for safety issues.

TSBs are for design flaws. They are fixed when the car exhibits the symptoms.

Unless this becomes a safety issue, it won't be recalled.

Still sucks though :)

I'm hoping mine exhibits symptoms soon before my warrante expires.

Still sucks though :)

I'm hoping mine exhibits symptoms soon before my warrante expires.

I understand the logic. I'd be trying to get mine fixed too. Luckily (I guess) mine is already doing it and is in as we speak getting the tranny rebuilt.

Kevin,

Is this the 2nd time ?

Hey Rob,

Lomg time no read. Good to hear from you.

The car is in for the second time. In Oct they replaced the clutch, flywheel and throw out bearing. Now it is getting synchros and whatever else. I ask the customer rep each time I call. He doesn't know enough to tell me. I try not to bug the mechanic too much. It is supposed to be done by Monday afternoon at the latest.

Kevin.

• 5 years later...

Been in the same boat here with a bad manufacturer clutch except Ford explicitly said they won't cover and voided their warranty because I am in Panama and traffic is unreal. Messed up things is that I confirmed warranty before I purchased in USA and shipped to Panama. Both dealers in USA and Panama as well as documentation from Ford say it should be covered. They lied and get away because I'd have to be in USA to go to BBB.

Archived