TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI SGT/AU upgrade suggestion

I would like to suggest an upgrade for our SGT's. I would prefer an N/A upgrade over the SC

upgrade. Our SGT'S came with a N/A engine and the GT500 came with SC engine. IMHO the SGT

upgrade should stay with the N/A while the GT500 should stay with the SC. Just my opinion.

I suggest a Shelby GT/AU. The AU standing for Aluminator.

Add the Aluminator engine @ 500hp N/A

Aluminum drive shaft & flywheel

Big brake upgrade w/brake duct cooling kit & fog lights

Shelby wheel upgrade <--- customer choice

FAYS2 watts link and Camber plates

3.73 gear upgrade

SHELBY GT/AU side stripe

That is my dream upgrade! :drool:

Anyone have anything to add or take away?

Kevin

07SGT2591

Guest hfrosso
I would like to suggest an upgrade for our SGT's. I would prefer an N/A upgrade over the SC

upgrade. Our SGT'S came with a N/A engine and the GT500 came with SC engine. IMHO the SGT

upgrade should stay with the N/A while the GT500 should stay with the SC. Just my opinion.

3.73 gear upgrade

SHELBY GT/AU side stripe

Kevin

07SGT2591

sounds good and expensive at the same time!! :headscratch:

Aluminum flywheel

Cobra style clutch

Shelby wheel upgrade - unique to the upgrade package only

4:10 gear upgrade

Griggs TT suspension

SHELBY GT-350 side stripe

My dream changes are made above. :shift:

I would think the price for the upgrade would be in the same area as the

GT500 to Super Snake upgrade.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Kevin

07SGT2591

It would definitely be in the ballpark. I know that at least a few of us would be willing to shell out that kind of dough for a truly special package like this.

Any upfit offered at this point would be on my to do list, let alone THIS one!

Ken

Guest hfrosso
I would think the price for the upgrade would be in the same area as the

GT500 to Super Snake upgrade.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Kevin

07SGT2591

what's the price for the SS package??I don't know :doh:

3.73 gear upgrade

SHELBY GT/AU side stripe

Kevin

07SGT2591

talk to SHM, they are coming out with the Shelby/SHM 4.6 3V mid year 500hp, but I think it's SC :headscratch:

AGREE. No matter what they would have come out with ,we would probably want more. I sold my 66 GTO because it was a money pit and i see no difference in this car. A lot of my expense on the Goat was of nessessity because of age but this car is because of want.I'm blessed to just have a Shelby :happy feet: but i bought ceremic headers-aluminum drive-shaft ,upper adj. control arm, a lot of billet -engine dress up kit-lower grill and lights -seq. tail lights, brakes,rotors and stainless lines and more and i'm changing to 410 gears tomorrow and it seems there is no end in sight. I'm double blessed in being able to own a Shelby and afford some mods while the economy is sinking. There's a lot of people who would love to be in our shoes. It is sometimes easy to take things for granted,but i'm thankfull to have the oppurtunity to own one of these cars.

AGREE. No matter what they would have come out with ,we would probably want more. I sold my 66 GTO because it was a money pit and i see no difference in this car. A lot of my expense on the Goat was of nessessity because of age but this car is because of want.I'm blessed to just have a Shelby :happy feet: but i bought ceremic headers-aluminum drive-shaft ,upper adj. control arm, a lot of billet -engine dress up kit-lower grill and lights -seq. tail lights, brakes,rotors and stainless lines and more and i'm changing to 410 gears tomorrow and it seems there is no end in sight. I'm double blessed in being able to own a Shelby and afford some mods while the economy is sinking. There's a lot of people who would love to be in our shoes. It is sometimes easy to take things for granted,but i'm thankfull to have the oppurtunity to own one of these cars.

AMEN!

Guest hfrosso
$33,995 725 H.P

I was thinking about $30,000

I guess that is ok to spend that figure on a SS 725hp package and you probably still find something else to put on and add on the total.

maybe a package for ou SGT is not a bad idea, some of us probably will be or are close on that numer (SC,brakes, headers,whells,.....

by the time you are done with your mods(SC ,big brakes,headers, whells, lights,and so on...)(if you'l ever be done?!?!?!)

somethimes you don't notice but the numbers ad up quick!!! and if you hapen to add them ... :jackinbox:

Guest hfrosso
$33,995 725 H.P

I was thinking about $30,000

I guess that is ok to spend that figure on a SS 725hp package and you probably still find something else to put on and add on the total.

maybe a package for ou SGT is not a bad idea, some of us probably will be or are close on that numer (SC,brakes, headers,whells,.....

by the time you are done with your mods(SC ,big brakes,headers, whells, lights,and so on...)(if you'l ever be done?!?!?!)

somethimes you don't notice but the numbers ad up quick!!! and if you do add $$$... :jackinbox:

Archived