TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT 500 (MY FIRST SHELBY)

Nitrojnky2001

For starters I would like to introduce myself being new to the forum and all. My name is Keith I'm currently Active duty USAF serving my second tour of duty in Japan. I've been a mustang fan since I was a kid, and proud owner of a Mustang GT.I've wanted a GT 500 since 2006,but I had a gut feeling to wait it out a bit...especialy with the Mark ups that were going on during the intial release. Anyway, I lived in Vegas for awhile and visited the Shelby Museum often day dreaming of when I would own one of these Babes! Fast forward a couple years to 2009 and I get a glimpse of the 2010 coupe...I knew it from the first couple photos this would be the year I get my GT 500 coupe IN BLACK w/Black stripes. Been shopping around dealers not sure if I wanna stay with TEXAS dealers or, order from another and have it shipped to my Local Dealer back in Texas. Anyone who has done that before? Your Advice would be helpfull! Anyway, I'm glad to be apart of this forum,nice to meet you all! and I look forward to owning my GT500 soon! I do hope they continue with the SS packages for 2010?

Respectfully,

-Keith

You need to talk with Michael Morris on this Forum. He has sold cars to any number of members, with delivery to the location of their choice. Good luck getting just the car you want and, more important, my thanks to you for your service to our country.

Jim

Welcome to the forums. And a big thank you for your service to our great nation :) Where is TX? In the Houston area if you need any help with anything. MM is a good guy. Alot of satisfied customers on TS.

First,thanks for your service,you desrve a Shelby.I just bought my first thru Michael Morris--great experience,very knowledgable guy,very professional.Good luck,and have fun

How awesome it would be to cruise the streets of Japan! Before I get to far along, and since this is my first post, I guess I'll do a quick intro. Name's Aundrey and I Love the Shelby GT500! There ya go! But yea, the new shelby is a beast of a car and my dream is to be driving one on the Nürburgring in the near future. I was stationed at Spangdahlem a few years back and never got the chance to drive it, now I'm stuck in Losuisiana. How that happens, I'll never know :headscratch: . But i've been wishing for the day when I can finally turn the key and hear the engine of my very own amazing piece of machinery we all know as the GT500.

I hope everything works out for you!

Aundrey

Thanks for all the help! I'm from the Houston area in Texas. lone Star ford down there wants to really sell me a 2010.. I'm just taking my time trying to decide who and were I want to do business with. However MM sounds like he has a very outstanding Histroy. Nice to meet you Sir, I will send you a PM. Thanks all!

Respectfully,

-Keith

For starters I would like to introduce myself being new to the forum and all. My name is Keith I'm currently Active duty USAF serving my second tour of duty in Japan. I've been a mustang fan since I was a kid, and proud owner of a Mustang GT.I've wanted a GT 500 since 2006,but I had a gut feeling to wait it out a bit...especialy with the Mark ups that were going on during the intial release. Anyway, I lived in Vegas for awhile and visited the Shelby Museum often day dreaming of when I would own one of these Babes! Fast forward a couple years to 2009 and I get a glimpse of the 2010 coupe...I knew it from the first couple photos this would be the year I get my GT 500 coupe IN BLACK w/Black stripes. Been shopping around dealers not sure if I wanna stay with TEXAS dealers or, order from another and have it shipped to my Local Dealer back in Texas. Anyone who has done that before? Your Advice would be helpfull! Anyway, I'm glad to be apart of this forum,nice to meet you all! and I look forward to owning my GT500 soon! I do hope they continue with the SS packages for 2010?

Respectfully,

-Keith

Since you are in Japan can't you order the car thru AFEES and have it delivered to a stateside dealer of your choice? You definately will save on the sales tax.

Keith,

Welcome to the TS Forum and congrats on your decision to buy a 2010 GT500. My name is also Keith and I'm also active duty Air Force. Just returned from a year in Korea about 7 months ago.

I and many others will vouch for Michael Morris. He's a straight shooter and helped me get my 2nd GT500 for my wife back at Christmas.

He'll definitely get you the car you want!

Good luck in Japan.

Keith

P.S. Be sure to check out the Exchange New Car Sales program. They could get you a car as well.

Thanks! Yeah, I did try AAFES car sales they were excited when I said a 2010 model, but lost that intial intrest when I said Shelby GT 500. They only get red and blue models from what they pasted along to me. Again thanks for the help, and nice to meet you all!

-Keith

Since you are in Japan can't you order the car thru AFEES and have it delivered to a stateside dealer of your choice? You definately will save on the sales tax.

I spoke with an AFEES salesman they only do a lotto and you only get two color options red and blue.They didn't have anything on the 2010 and To top it off they were kinda rude. I have to have my GT 500 my way! Anyway, thanks and nice to meet you!

-Keith

Archived