TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new price update on 2010 GT 500

frydguy79

February 23, 2009

spacer.gifTo:All Ford DealersSubject:EFC0200925DC 2010MY Pricing Changes on Select Vehiclesspacer.gifThis letter announces competitive pricing actions on select 2010-Model Mustang Shelby GT500 effective February 16, 2009.

Details of Pricing Actions

2010-Model price changes, and Finance charge changes and Destination and Delivery charge changes are listed below. Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and FDAF/LMDA Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists will be posted on fmcdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPS on February 16, 2009.

Effective Date

Price changes will be effective February 16, 2009.

Price Level

The new price level codes are shown below.

Price Protection

2010-model units invoiced prior to February 16, 2009 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:

• Firm 2010-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before February 16, 2009, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before February 16, 2009.
  • Gas Guzzler Tax changes are not price protected.
  • Specific quantity orders for state and local government agencies with bids dated on or before February 16, 2009, must be received by Ford Motor Company within 75 days of the bid date or model balance out, whichever is earlier.

It will be necessary to file a price protection claim for eligible state and local government orders submitted to Ford Motor Company under a Governmental Annual Requirement Authorization without a GPC reference number, or for special bids specifically authorized by Ford Motor Company.

Summary

This pricing action continues to keep the Ford competitive and aggressively positioned versus our key competitors. Please be sure you communicate these changes within your dealerships. Thank you for your continued commitment.

Summary of 2010-Model Price Changes

Mustang Shelby GT500

• Increase the Shelby GT500 Convertible by $100 MSRP
  • Reduce the Gas Guzzler tax on the Shelby GT500s by $300 to $1,000

FORD PRICE LEVELS

February 16, 2009 (unless

As the Gas Guzzler Tax is set by the gov't based on combined fuel economy, I suspect that the efficiency improvements for the 2010 are the reason behind the reduction in the tax amount. Guess that means $300 more mod money for '10 GT500 coupe buyers ("only" $200 more for vert buyers since the MSRP went up on those).

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the 'standard' MSRP range on the '10 GT 500 will be? I've heard confliciting numbers. I figure you guys could give the correct figures. Hopefully, it's not too outrageuos.

2010 GT500 Coupe MSRP is $48,175.

2010 GT500 Convertible MSRP is $53,175.

These figures include Destination & Delivery, as well as the Gas Guzzler Tax.

Optional equipment will add to these prices, accordingly.

Tough times are starting to show. Funny last year it was ADM.

The tax is $300 cheaper because the new GT500 is geared more efficiently in the upper ranges-increasing hwy mpg which decreased the Gas Guzzler Tax.

2010 GT500 Coupe MSRP is $48,175.

2010 GT500 Convertible MSRP is $53,175.

These figures include Destination & Delivery, as well as the Gas Guzzler Tax.

Optional equipment will add to these prices, accordingly.

can you order one with 3.73 gears? Order one without stripes.....a solid color paint scheme?

On Ford's website, they list MSRP at $46,325.

Do yourself a huge favor and forget about paying sticker or anywhere near it for a 2010. Offer invoice and tell them to call you if they are unwilling to do business in that area now. The depreciation hit is heavy even from invoice and is prohibitive with an MSRP buy. Use your head. Take a look at the bidding on Ebay for 07/08/09s, very ugly for sellers when you consider what many guys paid for these cars. It allways works this way.

can you order one with 3.73 gears? Order one without stripes.....a solid color paint scheme?

3.73's, NO. 3.55 is only option. Odd that you can get 3.73s is a GT though.

Yes, you can order it without strips. Stripe delete means no over the top stripe and no stripe in the seats. Not sure about the side stripe.

On Ford's website, they list MSRP at $46,325.

add $1000 Gas Guzzler Tax + $850 Delivery. You can't buy the car without them.

Do yourself a huge favor and forget about paying sticker or anywhere near it for a 2010. Offer invoice and tell them to call you if they are unwilling to do business in that area now. The depreciation hit is heavy even from invoice and is prohibitive with an MSRP buy. Use your head. Take a look at the bidding on Ebay for 07/08/09s, very ugly for sellers when you consider what many guys paid for these cars. It allways works this way.

you're funny. Not the entire world is broke and Ford has $$. These cars are not selling for invoice. For example, walk into a Porsche dealership or Chevy and tell them you want a Z06 or BMW M3 for invoice... not going to get it. Just the same for the GT500.

Yes, you can order it without strips. Stripe delete means no over the top stripe and no stripe in the seats. Not sure about the side stripe.

I've seen a stripe delete dealer car on the net that still had the black stripes on the seat.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that you can't get 3.73s for a GT 500. Jeez.....I remember way back when....way back.....you could order drag pack options for CJ mustangs.....no problem ordering 3.91s or 4.30s for them. Times have changed for sure.

you're funny. Not the entire world is broke and Ford has $$. These cars are not selling for invoice. For example, walk into a Porsche dealership or Chevy and tell them you want a Z06 or BMW M3 for invoice... not going to get it. Just the same for the GT500.

I've seen a stripe delete dealer car on the net that still had the black stripes on the seat.

Ford ran out cash a long time ago. They mortgaged their physical properties to pay creditors and then proceeded to max out thier credit again leaving them essentially beyond broke but still functioning. Not sure what this has to do with a new car selling for invoice as that is the retailers call.

Leftover GT500s and current model Z06s are readily available for invoice and then further discounted with rebates and incentives. The relatively small GT500 market has obviously been saturated with thier production continuing. Steep price discounting is the only way to clear thousands of 2010 units that will be competing with unsold 08/09s. You are looking at current conditions with are greatly in favor of the buyer with no logical reason to believe otherwise.

I order all of our dealership's GT500's. I have not ordered any 2010's yet, and will only order them for a customer to their specs. I will not order one just have sitting around collecting dust. Why should I - as a dealer - waste my energy to order a car to sell for invoice and earn zero profit? I'll pass on that and just never order any 2010's.

Steep price discounting is the only way to clear thousands of 2010 units that will be competing with unsold 08/09s.

You're assuming that dealers will even have 2010's to have to "clear out." Some of us dealers just plain won't be ordering 2010's, and Ford does not force them on us (as they did in years past), so there won't be a glut of unwanted/unloved 2010 GT500's sitting around collecting dust at the dealerships this time around.

On a related note, with demand down on many vehicles, we didn't order a single new 2009 Town Car, Sable, Grand Marquis, Navigator, LCF, Taurus X, etc. Not gonna order products that we know nobody wants, just to have them sit around til we lose a ton of money to unload them. That's bad business. When a customer tells us they want one of those models, we simply get one from another dealer or special order it. Luckily, Ford has pared back production and no longer force feeds dealers crap they don't want or need.

Ford ran out cash a long time ago. They mortgaged their physical properties to pay creditors and then proceeded to max out thier credit again leaving them essentially beyond broke but still functioning. Not sure what this has to do with a new car selling for invoice as that is the retailers call.

Really, I don't see it. Ford appears to be in a much better financial situation then their competitors. I think the manufactures financial standing plays a roll in what cars are priced at.

Leftover GT500s and current model Z06s are readily available for invoice and then further discounted with rebates and incentives. The relatively small GT500 market has obviously been saturated with thier production continuing. Steep price discounting is the only way to clear thousands of 2010 units that will be competing with unsold 08/09s. You are looking at current conditions with are greatly in favor of the buyer with no logical reason to believe otherwise.

It's all about supply and demand. Car prices will not stay at the current levels. As manufactures reduce production prices will increase. As the economy gets worse towards the 3rd to 4th quarter I see car prices climbing a bit due to production cut backs limiting supply. Anyway, I was refering to the 2010. I agree plenty of last years cars are available at invoice - but not 2010's being presold in March of '09. Z06's are cheap right now around $65,000 I doubt this is invoice. I dunno - this is all my assumption. I don't sell cars. I buy 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

You are WRONG, you can get a Z06 and M3 all day long for a little over invoice. Z06 has been that way for over a year, M3 only took 6 months to get that low. The New GT500 will be there in 6 months as well for those that are willing to wait.

I order all of our dealership's GT500's. I have not ordered any 2010's yet, and will only order them for a customer to their specs. I will not order one just have sitting around collecting dust. Why should I - as a dealer - waste my energy to order a car to sell for invoice and earn zero profit? I'll pass on that and just never order any 2010's.

Why???

Because they attract customers that end up buying other cars. It is definately worth having one with the most popular options in the show-room. I do not understand your logic. Plus at invoice there is still kick-backs, you still make money if it does not sit for ever. There lies the issue, sell them for $2-300 over invoice and the volume you sell them will more than make up for trying to sell them at MSRP or higher. If only Ford dealers realized that they would not have so many 2008-2009's left. Not bashing, just speaking about basic business sense.

Archived