TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Filter cleaning

sudden

It is time to clean the cone air filter on the SGT. Who knows the best way and best results? I was thinking of cleaning it just like the K&N, but dont know about the oil coating. A little help here . SUDDEN.

I make up a mixture of about 4 gallons of water and a couple cups of simple green. Throw the filer in and let it soak over night. The next morning, agitate the filter in the water/simple green to make sure all the dirt is off the surface. Take it out and blow it out with an air compressor - spray from the inside out. Let dry over night and reoil. After reoiling, I usually let it sit over night again to make sure any excess oil runs off.

I have a spare filter since this is a 3-day process.

I make up a mixture of about 4 gallons of water and a couple cups of simple green. Throw the filer in and let it soak over night. The next morning, agitate the filter in the water/simple green to make sure all the dirt is off the surface. Take it out and blow it out with an air compressor - spray from the inside out. Let dry over night and reoil. After reoiling, I usually let it sit over night again to make sure any excess oil runs off.

I have a spare filter since this is a 3-day process.

Hey Pretzel, where did you find a spare, at Ford Racing? For the very reason you describe, I've looked all over and can't find one!! Got a part number?

Sam

AKA:

Thanks for the link,what is the part number for our SGT?

While I don't have an SGT. AMSOIL has the measurements of all their filters. I took off the cone filter and measured the one provided by FRPP and found it on the AMSOIL site.

FYI, VMPTuning sells the OEM factory replacement filters.

Archived