TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chrome FR500

sfadchi

Nope they are 18x10 Rear 18x9 front with the stock tires mounted on them!

I was hoping you would say that. I have been searching for great looking wheels that were 18" and would still fit over the brakes. Where did you buy them? They look super on your car. Thanks again.

Jim

I was hoping you would say that. I have been searching for great looking wheels that were 18" and would still fit over the brakes. Where did you buy them? They look super on your car. Thanks again.

Jim

American Muscle, if you are a member of SVTPerformance.com they give you a discount code.

American Muscle, if you are a member of SVTPerformance.com they give you a discount code.

I am a member of SVTPerformance. Where on the web site can I find the discount code? American Muscle shows the fronts on sale for $187 each and the rears on sale for $210 each. How does that price stack up? Thanks.

Jim

I am a member of SVTPerformance. Where on the web site can I find the discount code? American Muscle shows the fronts on sale for $187 each and the rears on sale for $210 each. How does that price stack up? Thanks.

Jim

Jim, that sounds like an awesome price. I say pull that trigger.................I want to see the pics.

Chris

Jim

I found them here for about $100 less. $162 for front and $187 for rear. Never bought from this site before. Should be same wheels?

http://cruizinconceptswholesale.com/products.asp?cat=216

I found them here for about $100 less. $162 for front and $187 for rear. Never bought from this site before. Should be same wheels?

http://cruizinconceptswholesale.com/products.asp?cat=216

They do not seem to have pure chrome versions but only what they call "black chrome." Pure chrome they seem to have only in 20's.

Jim

Jim

Go into the vendor forum and PM them for the code, I think it saves 6 to 10 percent. As always they have free shipping and no taxes!

A couple of people asked me to post some pictures of my car with the FR500s on them so here they are! The car is lowered with the FRPP springs.

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

looks fantastic. great choice in wheels. i love these on the gt500. i have only seen a few guys run these so far.

i'm assuming you went with the ones specifically for the 05-09's with 40mm offset/7" backspacing. is that correct?

any need for spacers to clear the front brembo's?

how many turns do you get with the lug nuts? 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, etc? the reason for this is i may need to run some spacers and want to make sure i still get enough wrap on the studs.

how much further do they stick out compared to the stockers? my calculations say that it should be almost 16mm/0.6" further. is this about right?

how much clearance do you have between the tire and shock cover?

how much clearance do you have between the wheel and the bump stop bracket?

how much clearance do you have between the wheel and the sway bar?

do you think you could add another 1.5"?

sorry for all the questions. i have been considering these replica's or the frpp silver 500's and having them widened to 11.5". the only thing holding me up is the right tire choice for me is not available.

how about some shots from under the car showing the clearance from above the rear fender and from the rear (no angle)?

thanks, brad

i'm assuming you went with the ones specifically for the 05-09's with 40mm offset/7" backspacing. is that correct?

Correct

any need for spacers to clear the front brembo's?

Nope

how many turns do you get with the lug nuts? 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, etc? the reason for this is i may need to run some spacers and want to make sure i still get enough wrap on the studs.

about 12 or so

how much further do they stick out compared to the stockers? my calculations say that it should be almost 16mm/0.6" further. is this about right?

just a little more see attached pics, your guess seems about right

how much clearance do you have between the tire and shock cover?

1.7 inches

how much clearance do you have between the wheel and the bump stop bracket?

plenty!

how much clearance do you have between the wheel and the sway bar?

plenty, see pictures

do you think you could add another 1.5"?

1in for sure, 1.5 may be cutting it close, but my car is lowered if that makes a difference I dont know

sorry for all the questions. i have been considering these replica's or the frpp silver 500's and having them widened to 11.5". the only thing holding me up is the right tire choice for me is not available.

how about some shots from under the car showing the clearance from above the rear fender and from the rear (no angle)?

see pictures

thanks, brad

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

They do not seem to have pure chrome versions but only what they call "black chrome." Pure chrome they seem to have only in 20's.

Jim

Near the bottom of the page they have the 9" and 10" 18's in chrome. Seems like a great price.

http://cruizinconceptswholesale.com/prodde...X9C&cat=216

http://cruizinconceptswholesale.com/prodde...5UPFR50018X10.5

A couple of people asked me to post some pictures of my car with the FR500s on them so here they are! The car is lowered with the FRPP springs.

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

Car looks great.

How do they compare clearance wise /the way they sit in wheel wells compare to stock?

How much do the rims weigh?

Did you use the stock lug nuts?

will the stock center caps fit in the fr500 rim?

thanks in advance

Car looks great.

How do they compare clearance wise /the way they sit in wheel wells compare to stock?

thanks in advance

Thanks!

Clearance they are fine, I'm running the stock tires right now and if you look at my other pictures in this post you will see that the tires stick out maybe a 1/4 inch. The rim itself is about flush with the fender.

I did use the stock lugs.

The center cap with not fit it, I tried it today.

Car looks great.

thanks in advance

What did you do to put the "SHELBY" letters across the back of the trunk lid? Looks great!

Archived