TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Solo

There are a couple things you never forget in your life and they are:

The day you bought your first Shelby

The day your first child is born.

The day you SOLO in an airplane

The day you marry your lady (Which I haven't done yet)

Congrats!!!

I noticed the 1st and last things on your list! :hysterical::shift::wub:

Congrats! I'll have to look around and see if I can find a few pictures from my solo back in the day. Remember, anyone can take off it takes a pilot to land it...and by landing I mean one that you walk away from and the aircraft can be used again.

I would love to see a photo of your first solo day. That is so true anyone can fly and most can take off but to land that is a whole different story. The key is the right airspeed and to look down at the end of the runway. It took me 35 hours to solo which is a long time considering most people solo at 20 hours but I wanted to make sure I was confident enough and qualified enough to do it.

Congrats! I've always wanted to learn how to fly, too. Anytime you want to take a hop over to Sioux Falls, I'd be happy to pitch in for fuel, if you take me up for a spin!

Congrats! I've always wanted to learn how to fly, too. Anytime you want to take a hop over to Sioux Falls, I'd be happy to pitch in for fuel, if you take me up for a spin!

When I was in college (Morningside, Sioux City), one of my professors - Dr. Sterling Stewart - hoodwinked a bunch of us to help rivet the wings on his plane, and when it was done he gave us a ride and let us "fly" the plane.

It's on my bucket list, but my doctor (who has since retired but still gives flight physicals in Longmont, CO) told me that wouldn't be able to because of my eyes. I can drive a Cobra though :)

Yep, now I just have to figured out how to fit the Shelby in the luggage compartment. If anybody knows how to shrink a car let me know

ConGrats on the solo. That must be very exciting. yES

ConGrats CC on soloing for the first time. That must be awesome feeling.

Oyea ford does make a mustang that transforms into a lunch box

so it would sit right next to you. Again ConGrats be very proud of your self.

You got a deal. Souix Falls is where I have to fly to for my first cross country solo. Once I get my Private pilot license I will be flying all over MN, SD and WI. This Summer I am buying a 1968 Cherokee Piper 180 so it will be no problem to fly to Souix Falls. I'll take you up in the plane as long as I get a ride in your Shelby. 1000HP Shelby now that is COOL

Last night I did my first NIGHT flight. We did S patterns at 3,000 ft without losing any altitude so we would go from 180 to 360 and then back to 180.

Then we did engine failures ( which always freaks me out) I'm getting more use to it I'm sure after a few more times it won't bother me at all, it does take a while to build the nerves up to stall the engine in flight.

Then we did three take of and landings which in the dark makes you feel like your learning how to fly again. Plus there was alot of wind shear so the plane was bouncing all over the place.

Night flight is very different than day flight. I LIKE IT

I admire all you military and commercial pilots. You guys have the best career in the world.

I especially have a lot of respect for MILITARY pilots you guys have total NERVES of steel. I couldn't imagine getting shot at while flying.

When I was in college (Morningside, Sioux City), one of my professors - Dr. Sterling Stewart - hoodwinked a bunch of us to help rivet the wings on his plane, and when it was done he gave us a ride and let us "fly" the plane.

It's on my bucket list, but my doctor (who has since retired but still gives flight physicals in Longmont, CO) told me that wouldn't be able to because of my eyes. I can drive a Cobra though :)

Gotta love instructors who hood wink there students, its a good way to get things done well and cheap.

If I make it down to AZ I will take you up. I always wanted to ride in a COBRA. I do love the color of your new Cobra.

Right On Brother Man!!!

Very cool, you are an amazing dude CC, keep on rocking the free world and burnouts all around!! Cheers!

Thanks wrongway McCoy. I loved the story about you driving the wrong direction for 45 miles, believe me I have done that more than once. The Shelby zone will get you.

I can't wait to make it out to Seattle your house will be the first place I stop.

Yep, now I just have to figured out how to fit the Shelby in the luggage compartment. If anybody knows how to shrink a car let me know

ConGrats on the solo. That must be very exciting. yES

Thanks. Yeah the first solo and being in the Shelby Bullrun in Terlingua were about the same type of feeling, except the 380 mile Bullrun road course lasted longer

Thanks. Yeah the first solo and being in the Shelby Bullrun in Terlingua were about the same type of feeling, except the 380 mile Bullrun road course lasted longer

Chad,

Congratulations!!!! Oh, BTW did you wear your Shelby hat on the solo? I still don't know how it stayed on your head during the Terlingua Bull Run!!!! :shift::shift::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Stuart

Chad,

Congratulations!!!! Oh, BTW did you wear your Shelby hat on the solo? I still don't know how it stayed on your head during the Terlingua Bull Run!!!! :shift::shift::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. If I could have modified the hat so I could still wear the headset I would have worn it. The Hat stayed on in Terlingua because I pulled the hat down so far that my eyes were barely peeping out. It was nice being a cowboy for a weekend

Yeah I think I will have to bring the HAT to Vegas. It might become a tradition. I will say that Carrol Shelby does make one BAD ASS hat.

Thanks Stuart. If I could have modified the hat so I could still wear the headset I would have worn it. The Hat stayed on in Terlingua because I pulled the hat down so far that my eyes were barely peeping out. It was nice being a cowboy for a weekend

Yeah I think I will have to bring the HAT to Vegas. It might become a tradition. I will say that Carrol Shelby does make one BAD ASS hat.

I'm wearing mine to the race!

Thanks wrongway McCoy. I loved the story about you driving the wrong direction for 45 miles, believe me I have done that more than once. The Shelby zone will get you.

I can't wait to make it out to Seattle your house will be the first place I stop.

CC you are always welcome, come in the summer and we can hang on the boat and swill some brews!! Ya know if you have a plane you also could fly up to the San Juan Islands...It is real pretty up there. So this S/C thing is cool, lets see if we can get a party started in Vegas too...haha! I hope you have a killer time this weekend!

CC you are always welcome, come in the summer and we can hang on the boat and swill some brews!! Ya know if you have a plane you also could fly up to the San Juan Islands...It is real pretty up there. So this S/C thing is cool, lets see if we can get a party started in Vegas too...haha! I hope you have a killer time this weekend!

Yeah the S/C is super cool. Lets see if Bud can have both of our cars in at the same time that way we can PARTY VEGAS STYLE you know Strippers and everything else that is fun.

Yeah this weekend is going to be killer. I'll make sure I take a lot of pictures for you brother Man.

Archived