TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Say it's NOT SO.....

crispy23c

If the SRT badge can sell like hotcakes, why can't SVT step up? Obviously there is a huge pent up demand for performance optioned production vehicles right now and it looks like DaimlerChrysler is taking the bull by the horns, or is it ram by the horns? GM sure isn't doing crap right now (besides the Vette). Seems like the perfect time for SVT to put that Tremac in 6th and start pumping out SVT badged Explorers, Mustangs (besides the GT500), Fusions, Focus’, and F-150’s or Lightning’s.

Just my .02.

Yeah, it's not a huge profit center, but as long as the program breaks even or better it's a big news getter for the company. And right now, Ford can use as much good press as it can get. Get rid of SVT and the "headline" autos it brings out and you might as well stick a fork in the blue oval - they'd be DONE!

If the SRT badge can sell like hotcakes, why can't SVT step up? Obviously there is a huge pent up demand for performance optioned production vehicles right now and it looks like DaimlerChrysler is taking the bull by the horns, or is it ram by the horns? GM sure isn't doing crap right now (besides the Vette). Seems like the perfect time for SVT to put that Tremac in 6th and start pumping out SVT badged Explorers, Mustangs (besides the GT500), Fusions, Focus’, and F-150’s or Lightning’s.

Just my .02.

GM is slow to respond, for whatever reason.

I guess they don't have the resources to develop new product.

But, the Camero will most likely go to production, '08???

As well, it seems they are considering bringing back the Stingray based on the new Solstice platform, with a blown V6.

KingCobra.

Okay, this is what I have heard:

It's a consolidation of SVT, SVTOA, and Ford Racing under one roof (like D/C's SRT program). I also heard that they let go of a couple of contracter employees, and that's it. THAT makes sense, and would not be disturbing. Any one else get that same info?

Also, no additional info re: Mach & Bullitt for now...

Okay, this is what I have heard:

It's a consolidation of SVT, SVTOA, and Ford Racing under one roof (like D/C's SRT program). I also heard that they let go of a couple of contracter employees, and that's it. THAT makes sense, and would not be disturbing. Any one else get that same info?

Also, no additional info re: Mach & Bullitt for now...

That is indeed not really disturbing. It is far more logic to join in one Performance division of Ford.

Roush still has the Mach and Bullitt over at their shops. Ford doesn't want to roll out too many models too fast and dilute one model before the other rolls out.

I spoke with Tang about why Ford has too few models and he echoed something like Crispy said above. More on that later.

• 1 month later...

Ford either needs or needed to re-think how SVT operated anyway. They took far too long to get products to market in comparison to other companies. I do not think the principle of performance is dead, just they way Ford organized how they did their cars.

I sure like that starter button on that web page!!!

How hard do you think it would be to do something like that in the Shelby???

That would be really cool!!!

KingCobra.

Not very hard. Look in the last 5.0 Mustang & Superfords. They have it for the Mustang. I replaces the 12 outlet above the radio. It has a chrome bezel that fits in there. It looks like stock.

Very cool!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!! It even has a red accent circle to match my red/black interior!!!

What do you guys think about doing it??? What would it involve??? Where could I order it???

KingCobra.

Very cool!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!! It even has a red accent circle to match my red/black interior!!!

What do you guys think about doing it??? What would it involve??? Where could I order it???

KingCobra.

It is not that one I mentioned. The Mustang one is even better looking. Red button with chrome bezel. It is for sale at Latemodel Restoration Supply in Texas. Google a bit.

It is not that one I mentioned. The Mustang one is even better looking. Red button with chrome bezel. It is for sale at Latemodel Restoration Supply in Texas. Google a bit.

Thanks again, Pat.

I'll definately check it out.

KingCobra.

Archived