TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Pressure Monitor Fault

kharper

Hi,

I have a 2008 GT500 and I stored the car in my garage for the winter. Before I wrapped it up for the winter I disconnected the negative battery terminal.

Today I went the garage, hooked up the battery and started the car (to get the cobwebs off). But now I have a Tire Pressure Monitor Fault warning. I assume it is because it was something that reset due to having no power for 4 months.

My question is will this reset when I take the car for a drive in the spring, or did I just cause myself a drive to the dealership :(

Thanks,

Kurtis

happened to me 1st winter storage, on the 2nd year, I added an add'tl 5-7 lbs.............I have the tool now anyways if it happens again

Ahhh, so the warning is not so much to say that the sensors are Broken (fault). My first assumption was something happened to the sensors from disconnecting the battery.

I guess I thought if the tire pressure was low, it would say something like 'Warning Tire Pressure Low'. I think it was the word fault that caught me off guard.

Ahhh, so the warning is not so much to say that the sensors are Broken (fault). My first assumption was something happened to the sensors from disconnecting the battery.

I guess I thought if the tire pressure was low, it would say something like 'Warning Tire Pressure Low'. I think it was the word fault that caught me off guard.

In my case, I pumped up all the tires and drove but it did need a retrain after all.......took the dealer 5 minutes.

Archived