TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR for sale on ebay, $51520 buy it now

ken07gt500

i just called a few min ago and talked to Kimberly and she said ebay screwed up, say's the buy it now was and is for a gt500 NOT a KRit was a SCREW UP :rant2:

Well then Kimberly is a liar. Yes that is harsh but she is lying. Ebay does NOT write the sellers description which I've copied below. I've put in red how many times she called it a KR.

Steve

Call all your dealer nearby... you will be lucky if one dealer has one. Not only we have one, but we have the KR in the color that is most mesmerizing. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 KR King of The Road limited edition Mustang features a 540 horsepower 5.4L supercharged V8 with Ford Racing Power Pack upgrade, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short throw shifter and a beefed up suspension. The exterior of this beast gets a unique Carbon composite hood, 18-inch wheels and special 40th Anniversary badges along with GT500 KR striping.

Well then Kimberly is a liar. Yes that is harsh but she is lying. Ebay does NOT write the sellers description which I've copied below. I've put in red how many times she called it a KR.

Steve

Call all your dealer nearby... you will be lucky if one dealer has one. Not only we have one, but we have the KR in the color that is most mesmerizing. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 KR King of The Road limited edition Mustang features a 540 horsepower 5.4L supercharged V8 with Ford Racing Power Pack upgrade, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short throw shifter and a beefed up suspension. The exterior of this beast gets a unique Carbon composite hood, 18-inch wheels and special 40th Anniversary badges along with GT500 KR striping.

exactly

Well Kimberly has put the KR back on ebay with a price increase of $35,665

I'm guessing the previous buyer is pissed off right now.

Frontier Ford is looking worse in my book. Look at these two additonal fee's for purchasing a car from them:

NEW VEHICLE PURCHASES: $8.75 tire fees will be applied to all new vehicles.

$29 electronic DMV fee will be apply to all California residents purchases (OPTIONAL FEE, quicker reception of license plate and registration.)

What the.....

Since when does a buyer have to pay a "tire fee"?

Also I've never heard of a fee for "a quicker reception of plates" and I live in California.

Steve

New KR Auction

Here in Nebraska when we go to register our vehicles we have to pay a tire fee of $1.00 per tire!! On the sales tax papers we received for our KR there was a tire tax of $5.00!!! WRONG!!! Tax Assessor couldn't change it- dealer could, but i wanted to get it registered so i went back to the dealer and told them they owed me $1.00 for a tire i don't have!! ( our salesman bought me a couple soda's, too much paper work after the fact!!) I also told them that they needed to reimburse all the GT500 owners also!! They told me they would check into it!! I didn't follow up on it!!

So yes they do charge a tax for tires, just another way for revenue!!!!

Jon

She can blame ebay all she wants, but she FORGOT to add the KR package price.

She did everything she was told, but who every told here to list it forgot the KR package.

Now if someone had hit the Buy It Now button you might could have a legal agruement there, but if they didnt NO HARM NO FOUL!!!

I dont have the money to buy the car, but if I would have seen it I would have hit the button and made them PAY me for NOT buying it!!!! A couple of GRAND to let them off is better than losing 30K!

MM

She did everything she was told, but who every told here to list it forgot the KR package.

Now if someone had hit the Buy It Now button you might could have a legal agruement there, but if they didnt NO HARM NO FOUL!!!

I dont have the money to buy the car, but if I would have seen it I would have hit the button and made them PAY me for NOT buying it!!!! A couple of GRAND to let them off is better than losing 30K!

MM

I am with you on this one MM. I think whoever hit the buy it now button could tie up the sale of the car for a long time. The dealer just might pay a few grand to get out of it.

MM, that makes sense on how she screwed it up. My complaint is that she should have been honest and told the TS folks who called thats what happened instead of blaming it on ebay.

We all make mistakes and I'm sure she got yelled at by the dealership owner or GM. Just don't make up stories that can be so easily disproved.

Steve

Here in Nebraska when we go to register our vehicles we have to pay a tire fee of $1.00 per tire!! On the sales tax papers we received for our KR there was a tire tax of $5.00!!! WRONG!!! Tax Assessor couldn't change it- dealer could, but i wanted to get it registered so i went back to the dealer and told them they owed me $1.00 for a tire i don't have!! ( our salesman bought me a couple soda's, too much paper work after the fact!!) I also told them that they needed to reimburse all the GT500 owners also!! They told me they would check into it!! I didn't follow up on it!!

So yes they do charge a tax for tires, just another way for revenue!!!!

Jon

Well learned something new today. California does charge $1.75 per NEW tire, doesn't matter if the tires are sold over the counter or come on a new car.

My last several tire purchases were from Tire Rack so I guess because they are located in Nevada they don't charge this fee.

I looked on Google and there are many class action suits because of this fee being charged by dealers lining their pockets by charging it on used cars and like the GT500 charging the fee 5 times instead of four.

The best part is that these fees are not going to what they were intended for. The governator has raided this tire fee account several times.

Steve

Well learned something new today. California does charge $1.75 per NEW tire, doesn't matter if the tires are sold over the counter or come on a new car.

My last several tire purchases were from Tire Rack so I guess because they are located in Nevada they don't charge this fee.

I looked on Google and there are many class action suits because of this fee being charged by dealers lining their pockets by charging it on used cars and like the GT500 charging the fee 5 times instead of four.

The best part is that these fees are not going to what they were intended for. The governator has raided this tire fee account several times.

Steve

A local Dealer here in Michigan just sold his KR at INVOICE, they have 2 2009 models also at INVOICE, unreal, fricken economy.

Steve

$2.50 per tire in NY

The buyer should hire a lawyer.. that's what this guy did when he bought a new M3 for MSRP and they told him they wanted more and it was a mistake as they forgot to add the dreaded MVA.

After a TON of negative press for the dealer. 1.2M hits on the thread and 126 pages...

He sued and won, got the car for the winning bid.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127993

I just read a few of the pages on the BMW forum and I truely believe the dealership will have to sell the car at the buy it now price. If it was me I would without a doubt sue them and get the car for $51,520

I hope the person who bid is on Team Shelby and tells us what ends up happening.

well, it is tricky because most ads have some fine print that mention they are not responsible for typos, misprints and so forth.

I think they would not have to sell it for the 52k price or whatever it is.

But on the other hand, a guy I work with was looking at a new acura and the salesman wrote up the bill of sale wrong, 10k under msrp and well my buddy signed it and then the salesman said oops, sorry, my mistake. And well, my buddy threatened to get a lawyer and they sold him the car!

Archived